collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 887069 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #4320 on: November 08, 2021, 08:34:38 PM »
I'd like the next manager to not have the tactic where it allows him to smash it 90 yards down the pitch when he's not under pressure.
bores the shit out of me that does.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #4321 on: November 08, 2021, 08:39:55 PM »
I'd like the next manager to not have the tactic where it allows him to smash it 90 yards down the pitch when he's not under pressure.

I'm not sure how much of that is down to individual instruction, or just the player himself reacting under pressure.

One of many of his impressive qualities when he first came was impressive distribution short and long.

But when he had a bit of a ropey period in 19/20, the general consensus was he needed to stop overplaying.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #4322 on: November 09, 2021, 12:08:23 AM »

I'm not sure how much of that is down to individual instruction, or just the player himself reacting under pressure.

One of many of his impressive qualities when he first came was impressive distribution short and long.

But when he had a bit of a ropey period in 19/20, the general consensus was he needed to stop overplaying.

It was the same when he didn't play though which I think is why Dean got some criticism.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #4323 on: November 19, 2021, 05:56:07 AM »
Surprised this hasn't had more of a mention since the press conference yesterday:

"I spoke to Tyrone on a couple of occasions. Once while he was away with England, once face to face on Tuesday afternoon. He will remain captain in the short term and he will be given every opportunity to impress us and prove he can be the right man for the job."

Anyone else think that's far from a ringing endorsement of our current captain?

Yes, all players need to impress a new manager.

But Tyrone might argue he's proved he's the right man for the job over the last three years. As one of our England internationals and most high profile figures, it's not as if he's an unknown quantity either.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #4324 on: November 19, 2021, 07:10:01 AM »
Surprised this hasn't had more of a mention since the press conference yesterday:

"I spoke to Tyrone on a couple of occasions. Once while he was away with England, once face to face on Tuesday afternoon. He will remain captain in the short term and he will be given every opportunity to impress us and prove he can be the right man for the job."

But Tyrone might argue he's proved he's the right man for the job over the last three years. As one of our England internationals and most high profile figures, it's not as if he's an unknown quantity either.

I wouldn’t read much into it.  This is Gerrard saying nobody is guaranteed anything until you prove to me you are good enough, which is how it should be and knowing Tyrone would be taken in the right way.  That said, I saw enough fight and desire from him in the Saints game that suggests he won’t have a problem

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4325 on: November 19, 2021, 02:11:43 PM »

It's entirely right that the new manager weighs up who he thinks is the right man for the job.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #4326 on: November 19, 2021, 04:56:42 PM »
Nothing other than what he provides and how he conducts himself on the pitch should influence him being Captain - thats the job.

He was the obvious choice when the Rat left so its up to him  - a few storming 2nd half vs Saints performances might help

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4327 on: November 19, 2021, 05:02:15 PM »
Nothing other than what he provides and how he conducts himself on the pitch should influence him being Captain - thats the job.

He was the obvious choice when the Rat left so its up to him  - a few storming 2nd half vs Saints performances might help

He was the only one worth his salt in the first half of that game too. He'd clearly reset himself back 'no fucking about' mode, and when he does that he's ace. Hopefully the new coaches recognise that and keep him at it.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #4328 on: November 19, 2021, 05:10:12 PM »
Wonder if Mings will miss aimlessly smashing it down the line tomorrow afternoon?

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #4329 on: November 19, 2021, 07:21:24 PM »
I love Mings, I think he’s really important to us and we miss him massively when he doesn’t play. If Gerrard can iron out his little wobbles and get him and Konsa back to the form of last season we will so much better for it.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #4330 on: November 19, 2021, 07:27:18 PM »
I love Mings, I think he’s really important to us and we miss him massively when he doesn’t play. If Gerrard can iron out his little wobbles and get him and Konsa back to the form of last season we will so much better for it.
agreed - these two on top form will see us climb the table. Without doubt.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #4331 on: November 19, 2021, 08:56:48 PM »
Thirded

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #4332 on: November 19, 2021, 10:36:02 PM »
Wonder if Mings will miss aimlessly smashing it down the line tomorrow afternoon?

With Nakamba in front of him he might feel it's the safer option.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #4333 on: November 19, 2021, 11:45:34 PM »

With Nakamba in front of him he might feel it's the safer option.

Sad but true.

Offline bilsim

• I just love Aston Villa.
« Reply #4334 on: November 20, 2021, 05:22:59 PM »
Great finish and generally a very solid performance. All I hear on the way out is people complaining about him. Unfortunately I think a lot of the dislike isn't football related.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal