collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 886249 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #4380 on: December 26, 2021, 09:36:22 PM »
Thought he got schooled by Lukaku today rather than a daft feck up. He's got to learn to deal with top strikers if he wants to become a regular international defender and he got given the run-around today. Not that he was only one.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4381 on: December 26, 2021, 09:37:44 PM »
I don’t get this. He made a positional error against a CF who cost a £100m. He didn’t play that badly tonight. He’s been excellent in recent weeks. How has he, a full England international gone from that to not good enough for a mid table PL club or even one aspiring to be a higher?

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #4382 on: December 26, 2021, 09:41:39 PM »
I don’t get this. He made a positional error against a CF who cost a £100m. He didn’t play that badly tonight. He’s been excellent in recent weeks. How has he, a full England international gone from that to not good enough for a mid table PL club or even one aspiring to be a higher?

I think he’s still good enough to be a full England International!

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #4383 on: December 26, 2021, 09:43:37 PM »
I disagree.

If he attacks the cross then Lukaku doesn't score. It's poor defending. He then got booked after getting turned by Lukaku and giving away a free-kick in a dangerous position that fortunately Chelsea wasted. He wasn't the only player to mess up (what was Cash thinking for their first penalty) but he regularly makes errors.

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #4384 on: December 26, 2021, 09:47:39 PM »
He’s not good enough for Villa now.
I do not want to diminish his achievements or his status as a so called role model.
But he is not a top half defender.

Find me one that is better and we could realistically get? He got done by one of the best centre forwards in the world. He’s been exceptionally good for weeks and leads the team. Gets too much ch grief for me.

Offline TheMalandro

« Reply #4385 on: December 26, 2021, 09:54:49 PM »
I do not want to diminish his achievements or his status as a so called role model.

Find me one that is better and we could realistically get? He got done by one of the best centre forwards in the world. He’s been exceptionally good for weeks and leads the team. Gets too much ch grief for me.

It’s not up to me to recruit, but it’s pretty easy to produce a list of Mings mistakes - I’m not bothered about the everyday mistakes, but the complete calamities.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4386 on: December 26, 2021, 09:59:40 PM »
Not jumping with the bloke you are marking is inexplicable.

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #4387 on: December 26, 2021, 10:01:33 PM »

Find me one that is better, we could realistically get? He got done by one of the best centre forwards in the world. He’s been exceptionally good for weeks and leads the team. Gets too much ch grief for me.

It’s not up to me to recruit, but it’s pretty easy to produce a list of Mings mistakes - I’m not bothered about the everyday mistakes, but the complete calamities.

But it’s easy for you to say he isn’t good enough do come up with an alternative . So sit there and type me a better one that’s a realistic target? I think he offers more to us then the mistakes he makes and as it’s stands he’s still an asset. He’s been very good for the last few weeks

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #4388 on: December 26, 2021, 10:06:21 PM »
To be fair I think a lot of defenders would have struggled with Lukaku tonight. To me he either looks a complete waste of space or unplayable and tonight he was more on the unplayable side. Our whole back 5 weren't brilliant tonight tbh.

Offline TheMalandro

« Reply #4389 on: December 26, 2021, 10:51:36 PM »

Find me one that is better, we could realistically get? He got done by one of the best centre forwards in the world. He’s been exceptionally good for weeks and leads the team. Gets too much ch grief for me.

But it’s easy for you to say he isn’t good enough do come up with an alternative . So sit there and type me a better one that’s a realistic target? I think he offers more to us then the mistakes he makes and as it’s stands he’s still an asset. He’s been very good for the last few weeks

Why should I come up with a alternative? I’m a fan.
I could list a few but it’s irrelevant.

My thoughts are because of the owners… if we had Randy, at the end of his ownership, I’d adjust my expectations.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #4390 on: December 27, 2021, 09:26:32 AM »
First half Tyrone was superb, second half less so, seemed to struggle with Lukaku’s presence a bit but it was hardly calamity central, one shanked clearance and getting beaten for the second goal doesn’t have him down as a Titus Bramble stand in just yet. And I’d add Konsa made just as many mistakes second half as well, robbed of possession twice in dangerous positions and gave away a penalty. Let’s stop focusing on Mings as the problem here, it’s a back 5 problem not just on one man.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #4391 on: December 27, 2021, 09:27:02 AM »
Definitely need to get some competition in this area. Hause isnt better than either and axel isnt ours so no point having him in for mings or konsa.

Dreadful not to jump. That is such a mings thing to do. I bet if Gerrard was there he would have gone ballistic

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4392 on: December 27, 2021, 09:35:28 AM »
I think Mings has upped his game since Gerrard arrived, he's been very good. So Lukaku got the better of him. Lukaku gets the better of most defenders which is why he scores as many as he does and costs as much as he did.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #4393 on: December 27, 2021, 10:21:22 AM »
He didn't make the challenge but there was a big contribution to that happening from the team.
That goal was coming from the start of the second half and inevitable considering we were so flat in comparison to the first 45 minutes.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4394 on: December 27, 2021, 10:25:47 AM »

I think he’s still good enough to be a full England International!
Yes but we need a better CB for the Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal