collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 888627 times)

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #4395 on: December 27, 2021, 10:30:12 AM »
I don’t get this. He made a positional error against a CF who cost a £100m. He didn’t play that badly tonight. He’s been excellent in recent weeks. How has he, a full England international gone from that to not good enough for a mid table PL club or even one aspiring to be a higher?

I think he’s still good enough to be a full England International!
Yes but we need a better CB for the Villa.

We do.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4396 on: December 27, 2021, 10:35:12 AM »
Inexplicable for the 2nd goal.

When he does the fundamentals, he's fine. When he tries to be clever, he looks the opposite.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #4397 on: December 27, 2021, 10:39:14 AM »
Imagine for a second you think the best option is to half arsed turn your back into Lukaku. Epic fail.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #4398 on: December 27, 2021, 11:04:11 AM »
I think Mings has upped his game since Gerrard arrived, he's been very good. So Lukaku got the better of him. Lukaku gets the better of most defenders which is why he scores as many as he does and costs as much as he did.

Exactly, Lukaku is one of the best strikers in the world and is a defender’s worst nightmare. He’s stronger than most but at the same time skilful with great movement.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #4399 on: December 27, 2021, 11:07:49 AM »
An upgrade in his position?
Probably true but if you're aiming to get anywhere near yesterday's opponents then we need 1 or probably 2 in most areas of the pitch then.

Offline exigo

« Reply #4400 on: December 27, 2021, 11:14:15 AM »
Surely the best and cheapest option is to let our excellent coaching team have a bit more time with him, to cut out the occasional rick that he has?

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #4401 on: December 27, 2021, 11:16:42 AM »
He just switches off totally occasionally. I've watched the Lukaku goal again a few times and it's like he doesn't realise he's there, but he obviously must realise he's there. as he's marking him.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #4402 on: December 27, 2021, 11:20:26 AM »
As someone said earlier in the thread this is a defensive issue in totality, how much time did the player have to cross the ball, that makes it doubly difficult for the centre backs if someone can basically pick their spot to cross to. Yes Mings didn’t get it right and Lukaku got a move on him but what the fuck were Cash, Sanson and others doing over where the ball came from.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4403 on: December 27, 2021, 03:58:28 PM »
I think Mings has upped his game since Gerrard arrived, he's been very good. So Lukaku got the better of him. Lukaku gets the better of most defenders which is why he scores as many as he does and costs as much as he did.

Exactly, Lukaku is one of the best strikers in the world and is a defender’s worst nightmare. He’s stronger than most but at the same time skilful with great movement.
Except he hasn't got the better of most defenders and his previous goals were against us at SB since then he has mostly been a big lump of meat toddling around the pitch.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #4404 on: December 27, 2021, 04:28:04 PM »

Except he hasn't got the better of most defenders and his previous goals were against us at SB since then he has mostly been a big lump of meat toddling around the pitch.
Lukaku’s hardly played this season because of injury, its not a valid argument to imply that he hasn’t been playing well all season. He’s obviously proved he is a world class forward. Mings was poor for the goal and he is not a world class defender say in the Dias class, but nonetheless he is a very good defender most of the time.

On the wider point of how the cross was allowed to come in, i thought Sanson did well yesterday on the whole and in the context of little previous gametime, but i did say to my son in the first half before their pen, that Cash was getting exposed by Alonso and Hudson Odi doubling up on that flank and needed more support.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #4405 on: December 27, 2021, 05:22:23 PM »
I thought he played well, as did most of the team.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #4406 on: December 27, 2021, 05:30:15 PM »
Me too, he had another good game, although he was as was the rest of the team outclassed by a £100 million striker.

Offline supertom

« Reply #4407 on: December 27, 2021, 05:39:27 PM »
His rick ratio has improved because early season for Deano, and quite a bit last season, you could almost guarantee 2-3 a game. He's down to one a game on average and let's be honest, maybe there's a few dozen defenders in the world who don't do the same and they aint coming here. Mings is a 50 million quid player in todays money probably. He's not particularly worth that, but everything is silly. Short of some great scouting for an undiscovered gem, we'll be paying the best part of a club record fee to get better. Or we look for the next Konsa for 10-20 and give him 12 months to settle.

We do need someone as good as (or potentially) to push him (Hause does cover well, but isn't a top half player. He's a very good fourth choice). The issue for me is Axel. We need a permanent player and someone a lot better, who can genuinely push Mings and Konsa (more so Mings).

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #4408 on: December 27, 2021, 07:17:29 PM »
Mings has improved since Gerrard came in, but if he thinks dealing with a player like Lukaku in the air is to half-arsed turn his back into him then he's not as good as he thinks he is

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4409 on: December 27, 2021, 07:57:07 PM »
Because Lukaku is a very good player then it’s ok for Mings not to jump and challenge him  for a ball in the air?
Or is Lukaku that good that he somehow mesmerised Mings into giving him a free header?
I am  Beginning to feel sorry for Tyrone, the poor lamb.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal