collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1536391 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #9525 on: July 15, 2020, 09:17:57 PM »
Re being his own man, I would agree, and he's capable of building a side over time but needs to be backed to put a structure in line the one he had at Brentford. Watching them now with much of the side Smith out together shows how well they have assembled the structure of the club. We lack that at the moment.

It surely can't be beyond our means to just poach the people who worked above/behind him at Brentford. It's clearly a good way of working. I'm just a short bike ride away if the club wants to send me the relevant powerpoint and a signed blank cheque.

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #9526 on: July 15, 2020, 09:53:19 PM »
But you don't  own a bike.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #9527 on: July 15, 2020, 09:56:25 PM »
But you don't  own a bike.

Oh Brian, things have changed since the disease came to town. I have two wheels and a yearning to succeed.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #9528 on: July 15, 2020, 09:59:10 PM »
Do you have a need, a need for speed?

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #9529 on: July 15, 2020, 10:03:37 PM »
Very much so. It's old school, but at £5 a gram I'm game.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #9530 on: July 15, 2020, 10:04:50 PM »
Do you have a need, a need for speed?
More of a Charlie sorta guy I reckon.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #9531 on: July 15, 2020, 10:06:23 PM »

There is some liquorice flavoured LSD you might be interested in? You see allsorts.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #9532 on: July 15, 2020, 10:07:05 PM »

There is some liquorice flavoured LSD you might be interested in? You see allsorts.

Kill all hippies.

Online Rudy65

« Reply #9533 on: July 15, 2020, 10:23:20 PM »
So that's once it's worked, but it's something we have to do.
I so wanted this to work with Smith, not because he’s a Villa fan and a “nice bloke” but because his style of play was a vast improvement on what went before. That hasn’t continued in the Premier League sadly but if he showed any sign of an improvement I would love him to stay. I can’t see it though. Can you see where he’s improved?? What are your reasons for retaining him in the Premier League??

Because if we stay up he'll have done everything asked of him in both of his seasons, with a cup final appearance as a bonus. More importantly, we have to get out of the 'rip it up and start again' mentality of the past decade.

If we stay up, we want to move onto the next stage, which is well beyond His capabilities. Stay up this season and we will be struggling again next season With DS in charge

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9534 on: July 15, 2020, 10:27:02 PM »
I so wanted this to work with Smith, not because he’s a Villa fan and a “nice bloke” but because his style of play was a vast improvement on what went before. That hasn’t continued in the Premier League sadly but if he showed any sign of an improvement I would love him to stay. I can’t see it though. Can you see where he’s improved?? What are your reasons for retaining him in the Premier League??

Because if we stay up he'll have done everything asked of him in both of his seasons, with a cup final appearance as a bonus. More importantly, we have to get out of the 'rip it up and start again' mentality of the past decade.

If we stay up, we want to move onto the next stage, which is well beyond His capabilities. Stay up this season and we will be struggling again next season With DS in charge

You have no way of knowing that.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #9535 on: July 15, 2020, 10:31:10 PM »
Re being his own man, I would agree, and he's capable of building a side over time but needs to be backed to put a structure in line the one he had at Brentford. Watching them now with much of the side Smith out together shows how well they have assembled the structure of the club. We lack that at the moment.

It surely can't be beyond our means to just poach the people who worked above/behind him at Brentford. It's clearly a good way of working. I'm just a short bike ride away if the club wants to send me the relevant powerpoint and a signed blank cheque.

I agree about getting a decent structure throughout the club, although I am less convinced about the lasting impact of Smith. Well over half the core of Brentford's regular team signed since Smith left: Mbeumo, Jansson, Pinnock, Raya, Norgaard, Jensen. Also,  Da Silva only played after Smith left, so he can't really take too much credit for their current team.

Brentford may not end up getting promoted,  but either Thomas Frank has thus far done better than Smith or their recruitment has gone up a notch since he left.

Online Rudy65

« Reply #9536 on: July 15, 2020, 10:33:32 PM »

You have no way of knowing that.

Of course I don’t know. However I’ve seen enough turgid and clueless displays this season to know DS isn’t the solution. It’s been an awful season  Where has been the progress in any section of the team. Yes we got to a cup final beating Liverpool and Wolves reserves along the way and were outplayed at Wembley  If we do stay up we need to aim higher  Be ruthless and get a better manager from a position of relative strength. Don’t settle for second best

Online Rudy65

« Reply #9537 on: July 15, 2020, 10:35:40 PM »

I agree about getting a decent structure throughout the club, although I am less convinced about the lasting impact of Smith. Well over half the core of Brentford's regular team signed since Smith left: Mbeumo, Jansson, Pinnock, Raya, Norgaard, Jensen. Also,  Da Silva only played after Smith left, so he can't really take too much credit for their current team.

Brentford may not end up getting promoted,  but either Thomas Frank has thus far done better than Smith or their recruitment has gone up a notch since he left.

Exactly.  Brentford bear no Resemblance to the DS team of 2 years ago. They are a much better team now

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9538 on: July 15, 2020, 10:36:04 PM »
Because it's that easy, which is why everyone does it. Except they don't.

Online Rudy65

« Reply #9539 on: July 15, 2020, 10:41:47 PM »
Because it's that easy, which is why everyone does it. Except they don't.

No idea what you mean

Under DS Brentford were a middling champs team who never looked like getting to the play offs or getting relegated. They just seemed to play well against us. DS Leaves and within 2 years they are certainly in the play offs and may go up automatically. Pray they do at the expense of the baggies

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal