collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Next manager by OzVilla
[Today at 11:21:45 AM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:21:07 AM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:20:13 AM]

Re: Next manager by TonyD
[Today at 11:19:32 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 0 v Crystal Palace Pre Match Thread. by CT
[Today at 11:18:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 0 v Crystal Palace Pre Match Thread. by Pat Mustard
[Today at 11:17:59 AM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by ChicagoLion
[Today at 11:17:39 AM]

Re: Next manager by Luke8
[Today at 11:17:36 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 17620 times)

Online OzVilla

• GM : 15.08.2020
Re: Next manager
« Reply #375 on: Today at 10:56:42 AM »
I can imagine the meltdown on here had we gone into this season with Adomah, Whelan and Elphick in the side.

Not in the side in the squad. Benrhama, Maupay, Axel them come in as youíve just saved £35mill.

Online OzVilla

« Reply #376 on: Today at 11:06:34 AM »
Tammy aside, who left whom would have made any kind of difference do you think?

I canít see Whelan doing any worse than Nakamba, I canít see Elphick doing much worse than Engels, I canít see Adomah being much worse than Trez. Thereís about £35million there. None of them are world beaters but did we really get that much if an upgrade on what are essentially squad fillers.

Come on, we all watch games, that group along with Jedinak and Hutton were never going to cut it, as evidenced by what they are doing now.

The recruitment was poor but those named still needed replacing, but with better scouted players than we got.

Iíll admit this part is hindsight but Iím simply suggesting that if the spread on 13 players across £140 million was too great and your targets were all out of reach then you have to adjust the incoming numbers down to make it work. Squad is important but first XI takes priority.  I agree it would have been a risk and many wouldíve moaned (me included probably) but this is their job after all.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #377 on: Today at 11:17:36 AM »
I can imagine the meltdown on here had we gone into this season with Adomah, Whelan and Elphick in the side.

Not in the side in the squad. Benrhama, Maupay, Axel them come in as youíve just saved £35mill.

You can probably only afford  one of those players with £35 million though. So then youíve quite likely got two of those you mentioned playing around twenty games this season. Which I think itís fair to say wouldnít have gone well.

Online TonyD

« Reply #378 on: Today at 11:19:32 AM »
Sticking with Smith next season would be madness. 
Heís lost most of the fans.
Heís lost most of the players.
There is no way he would get us promoted without Jack.
Week after week we can see that he cannot coach, motivate, adapt, do tactics etc. 
We have had some poor managers over the years.  But he comes close to being top of the pile. 

Online OzVilla

« Reply #379 on: Today at 11:21:45 AM »
If you sign Maupay you donít then need Samatta in January.  So in total the spend saved is approx £50 million.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal