collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1521838 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #4170 on: April 23, 2019, 05:46:26 PM »
Whatever happens from hereon in  Deano has worked some magic.  We were going nowhere fast until Stoke second half (away). 

Been a tadge lucky with decisions and the way things have gone, but it all evens out.  We have 4 premier players in the team, Mings, Grealish, McGinn and El Ghazi and its now showing.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #4171 on: April 23, 2019, 06:16:15 PM »
Whatever happens from hereon in  Deano has worked some magic.  We were going nowhere fast until Stoke second half (away). 

Been a tadge lucky with decisions and the way things have gone, but it all evens out.  We have 4 premier players in the team, Mings, Grealish, McGinn and El Ghazi and its now showing.

Abraham not included??

Offline vilan461

« Reply #4172 on: April 23, 2019, 06:25:37 PM »
Has done a tremendous job---- demeanour body language and face show he is loving his job---and speaks sense be it pre or post match---i used to cringe at post match interviews of previous managers---but Deano  tells it  truthfully as it is  no excuses --and is like a breath of fresh air----
 nice one Deano keep up the good work.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4173 on: April 23, 2019, 08:14:34 PM »

Abraham not included??

Tuanzebe? Hause? When all fit, it's easier to count the weaker links.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #4174 on: April 23, 2019, 08:14:56 PM »
Has done a tremendous job---- demeanour body language and face show he is loving his job---and speaks sense be it pre or post match---i used to cringe at post match interviews of previous managers---but Deano  tells it  truthfully as it is  no excuses --and is like a breath of fresh air----
 nice one Deano keep up the good work.

Well said.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4175 on: April 23, 2019, 09:39:00 PM »
Don't know if this is even a slightly reasonable thing to say, but my instinct is that he's actually not getting enough credit. For years we've had managers whose man-management was good but tactics bad (MON) or the reverse (Garde), not to mention plenty who seemed fucking miserable at both. He seems the first to combine both elements and it's producing the most likeable Villa team in ages.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #4176 on: April 23, 2019, 09:44:20 PM »
Think that's spot on Monty.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4177 on: April 23, 2019, 09:50:26 PM »
Don't know if this is even a slightly reasonable thing to say, but my instinct is that he's actually not getting enough credit. For years we've had managers whose man-management was good but tactics bad (MON) or the reverse (Garde), not to mention plenty who seemed fucking miserable at both. He seems the first to combine both elements and it's producing the most likeable Villa team in ages.

Spot on.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #4178 on: April 23, 2019, 09:54:42 PM »

Spot on.

I also think moving forward he will employ young gems for the future , exciting times

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4179 on: April 23, 2019, 10:04:14 PM »
It's just nice to see them organised and competing for every ball.  We are still a bit weak in a couple of areas, although they are working hard for each other, to cover some of those gaps.  I honestly think that we will go up as Champions next season if we fail in the play offs. 

By weaknesses, subjective I know, but I mean left back (unless Hause is playing), right wing (Green needs work and Albert needs erm, a rocket) and central midfield (although Whelan has been really good just recently).

Offline KRS

« Reply #4180 on: April 25, 2019, 02:45:51 PM »
A subtle side swipe in his press conference today mentioning how he had to field 3 right backs in defence during December. Well played Dean!

Edit: it’s painful looking back at those starting lineups with a back four of Hutton, Elmo, Bree and an injured Chester.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 02:51:12 PM by KRS »

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #4181 on: April 25, 2019, 03:14:28 PM »
Monty, you are absolutely right.  Had it been any of the media favourites who had landed the job you just know that this would be the outcome...

John Terry's/Frank Lampard's/Thierry Henry's/ Aston Villa win 10 in a row It would have been all about them 

It's all hypothetical anyway, because none of them would have got anywhere near emulating what Dean has achieved, but I think you get my drift.  The only time they will sing his praise is when they start touting him as the next boss of someone like Leicester. I think Villa fans on the whole are overjoyed with what he's done for us.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #4182 on: April 25, 2019, 06:32:23 PM »
We had some short sighted people on here calling for a Smith out thread when he’d lost his best player and cabbage bollocks had stitched up us up with no defenders until Smith signed Hause and Mings. Hope he’s our manager for an extremely long time

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #4183 on: April 25, 2019, 06:47:50 PM »
Cheers, Dean, you beautiful, beautiful man. Since landing here yesterday at Haven Hafan y Môr I've seen more Villa shirts than those of any other single club.
I was in Burnham at the weekend. Same there. Villa shorts everywhere. Dean Smith has made us proud to show our colours again.

How odd. I own a van at Burnham and was there for part of last weekend. Am going to Hafan y Mor next month in a van swap owners arrangement thing.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4184 on: April 25, 2019, 08:37:58 PM »
Let’s see how he reacts to his next bad run of games which we all hope won’t happen but if it does it will be as a PL club. But it will happen. He’s done brilliantly to bounce back but there is no doubt it happened with Jack returning. So while heaping praise on is fine it’s also important to point out the catalyst to the recent run. But he’s learning all the time and he’s improving.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal