collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522591 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #4140 on: April 16, 2019, 08:08:16 PM »
I must admit that one of my issues with appointing Smith was that I didn't see him as more than a Championship manager. I'm not so sure now...
Not sure applies both ways. The PL has destroyed many a good young managers. There are not a big list of Eddie Howe types who have cut the mustard in the top League. We must stick to a plan and back him with money if we go up.
Smith's 50, isn't he? Hardly young ...
Cheeky fucker!

Seconded!!

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4141 on: April 16, 2019, 08:26:31 PM »
I must admit that one of my issues with appointing Smith was that I didn't see him as more than a Championship manager. I'm not so sure now...
Not sure applies both ways. The PL has destroyed many a good young managers. There are not a big list of Eddie Howe types who have cut the mustard in the top League. We must stick to a plan and back him with money if we go up.
Smith's 50, isn't he? Hardly young ...
Cheeky fucker!

Seconded!!

Thirded!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4142 on: April 16, 2019, 08:40:55 PM »
Old bastards!

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4143 on: April 16, 2019, 08:55:52 PM »
When we went on our first exciting run under Deano (which was derailed by them stripey cloggers) he came out with this pearl "it's not just about beating the team your playing today it's also about putting fear into the team your playing next" I remember thinking i really really like that comment. Now that philosophy appears to be actually coming to fruition. Dean Smith & co are bit by bit dragging our illustrious club into the modern football era. Exciting times.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 05:32:37 PM by The Edge »

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #4144 on: April 16, 2019, 08:56:34 PM »

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #4145 on: April 16, 2019, 10:20:17 PM »
When we went on our first exciting run under Deano (which was derailed by them stripey cloggers) he came out with this pearl "it's not just about beating the team your playing today it's also about putting fear into the team your playing next" I remember thinking i really really like that comment. Now that philosophy appears to be actually coming to fruition. Dean Smith & co are bit by bit dragging our once illustrious club into the modern football era. Exciting times.

Point of order - the word 'once' has no place next to the word 'illustrious' when describing Aston Villa.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #4146 on: April 16, 2019, 10:37:25 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:40:09 PM by berneboy »

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4147 on: April 16, 2019, 11:12:05 PM »
Old bastards!

I'm on my way to Nether Heyford sunshine, if only I can remember where I parked my car!!

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #4148 on: April 17, 2019, 05:05:19 PM »
I'm on my way to Nether Heyford sunshine, if only I can remember where I parked my car!!

Are you Jermaine Pennant ?

Offline The Edge

« Reply #4149 on: April 17, 2019, 05:36:50 PM »
When we went on our first exciting run under Deano (which was derailed by them stripey cloggers) he came out with this pearl "it's not just about beating the team your playing today it's also about putting fear into the team your playing next" I remember thinking i really really like that comment. Now that philosophy appears to be actually coming to fruition. Dean Smith & co are bit by bit dragging our once illustrious club into the modern football era. Exciting times.

Point of order - the word 'once' has no place next to the word 'illustrious' when describing Aston Villa.
Pont taken. Original post amended.
I think im quite guarded nowadays when talking about the villa. Fans from every club in this league accuse us of being both deluded and arrogant so i try to keep things under my hat a lot of the time.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #4150 on: April 17, 2019, 07:01:57 PM »
Enjoyed his press conference, especially the bit where he said "I always smile when I drive in and see the big Aston Villa sign". 

Offline mike

« Reply #4151 on: April 17, 2019, 07:27:11 PM »
Enjoyed his press conference, especially the bit where he said "I always smile when I drive in and see the big Aston Villa sign". 

Who would you rather be, Ian Taylor or Dean Smith?

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #4152 on: April 18, 2019, 11:27:12 AM »

Probably Tayls. Played, scored and won a winners medal at Wembley. Scored loads of times at Villa Park.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #4153 on: April 18, 2019, 12:03:39 PM »

Probably Tayls. Played, scored and won a winners medal at Wembley. Scored loads of times at Villa Park.

All of the glory, none of the pressure

Online Dave P

« Reply #4154 on: April 18, 2019, 12:35:52 PM »

As long as Dean Smith prefers to be Dean Smith then its all good.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal