collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jesús García Pitarch - binned  (Read 82116 times)

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
Re: Jesús García Pitarch - binned
« Reply #420 on: July 29, 2020, 11:13:25 AM »
It would be nice if every so often we didn’t repeat the mistakes of the past.  See Riley, P.

I thought most people had finally got round to the idea that Riley actually signed quite a lot of very good players that were mismanaged into the ground by an incompetent halfwit?

Might also be the case this time. Too many young players finding their feet in one batch. Think Najamba, Luiz, Konsa and Guilbert will all come good. Less hopeful with Samata and Wesley. Think Trez and El Ghazi could be useful squad players too in time.
If Smith stays we definitely need to look at the coaching and change it up.

In recruitment we need more proven players but fewer of them to help bed this lot in, with maybe a couple more ones for the future.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #421 on: July 29, 2020, 11:44:34 AM »
It would be nice if every so often we didn’t repeat the mistakes of the past.  See Riley, P.

I thought most people had finally got round to the idea that Riley actually signed quite a lot of very good players that were mismanaged into the ground by an incompetent halfwit?

Even if some of them did turn out to be good players, it was still demonstrably the wrong approach.

Offline Dick Edwards

« Reply #422 on: July 29, 2020, 11:49:37 AM »

Even if some of them did turn out to be good players, it was still demonstrably the wrong approach.

If we'd bought similar quality British players in the same quantity last summer we would have had to spend twice as much money due to the premium on home grown talent, money that we couldn't afford due to financial fair play restrictions.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 11:51:27 AM by Dick Edwards »

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #423 on: July 29, 2020, 11:49:55 AM »

Well yes, having a shit manager demonstrably was the wrong approach.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #424 on: July 29, 2020, 11:50:23 AM »
Agree with that. To buy upcoming players with potential was daft. We finished 5th a division lower and should just got in experienced Prem players. Ok, I maybe not be the approach the club wants to take but needs must...we were not in a luxurious position to try to bed in so many players.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #425 on: July 29, 2020, 11:57:28 AM »
Let not forget according to some Trezeguet is shit as well 😂
His overall gameplay is very poor.  Yes he scored some vital goals, but that doesn't paper over the fact that he hasn't been good enough.  We're not going to have PL clubs kicking our doors in to take him off us.

With respect that's total garbage his pace keeps the opposition on their back foot, take Spurs and Arsenal away (arsenal away especially) where we were winning when he was playing he got subbed then we lost. Arsenal was the prime example that Trezeguet has been a good buy, arsenal were shit scared of him getting  in behind them, when he went off they unleashed both barrels on us.
You must be watching a different player to the rest of us as it's pretty clear that whilst enthusiastic he has been mostly shit this season.  Take a scroll through his thread if you think I'm the only one being harsh.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #426 on: July 29, 2020, 12:01:16 PM »

It's not just about whether they are or may ultimately become good players, it's whether as a group of signings they were right for a team in that position at that time.  I think in both cases the answer was 'no.'  It would be a very different prospect easing them in individually into a team in a more stable position.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #427 on: July 29, 2020, 12:06:08 PM »
Let's not fool ourselves now that we've stayed up. Yes we had an upturn in the last 4 games but we've stayed up by the skin of our teeth. Grealish has been fantastic for big periods but by and large the rest of the team have been very poor. It would be folly to take the last couple of games in extreme circumstances and paint a picture of the signings being good and the team looking the part. We need big improvements and Pitarch's signing selections have been abysmal.

As for Nzonzi, why would Pitarch be on his own in London about to seal the deal whilst the rest of the transfer team are elsewhere, it's jackanory bullshit. The bloke has done very poorly and deserved the sack.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #428 on: July 29, 2020, 12:06:13 PM »
Agree with that. To buy upcoming players with potential was daft. We finished 5th a division lower and should just got in experienced Prem players. Ok, I maybe not be the approach the club wants to take but needs must...we were not in a luxurious position to try to bed in so many players.

1: They would have cost much more money
2: They'd all be a year older now and worth less
3: We we're in such a position, because we did and we stayed up.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #429 on: July 29, 2020, 12:19:05 PM »
Yep, we went down the route we did and achieved our primary aim for the season and now we a squad that is still young, with experience of playing at this level. All that suggests that, as tight as it was, we didn't get things wrong last summer. By doing it the way we did we have the basis of a squad that we can build around over the next 2-3 seasons. If we'd gone all out for premier league experience we'd either be looking at replacing most of those signings over the next year or 2 or we'd have had a much smaller squad and still be in the process of building that base.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #430 on: July 29, 2020, 12:20:39 PM »
Yep, we went down the route we did and achieved our primary aim for the season and now we a squad that is still young, with experience of playing at this level. All that suggests that, as tight as it was, we didn't get things wrong last summer. By doing it the way we did we have the basis of a squad that we can build around over the next 2-3 seasons. If we'd gone all out for premier league experience we'd either be looking at replacing most of those signings over the next year or 2 or we'd have had a much smaller squad and still be in the process of building that base.

We swallowed our medicine and will be better for it going forward.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #431 on: July 29, 2020, 12:58:40 PM »

This is certainly my take.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #432 on: July 29, 2020, 01:00:00 PM »
I still reckon there might be hope for Davies. He does, apart from not scoring any goals, bring the hold up play and bring others into the game. He also gets on the end of decent chances. I’m sure he will believe that if he gets a couple of goals they may start to flow a bit. We absolutely have to strengthen in that department as the top priority, but I would still have him as a squad player. You never know. I’d also keep Wes and probably Bin Samatta and the one we signed from Wales. At least one, hopefully 2 quality proven goalscorers in is a must. I’ve got no idea who though, hopefully Smith does.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #433 on: July 29, 2020, 01:04:16 PM »
I still reckon there might be hope for Davies. He does, apart from not scoring any goals, bring the hold up play and bring others into the game. He also gets on the end of decent chances. I’m sure he will believe that if he gets a couple of goals they may start to flow a bit. We absolutely have to strengthen in that department as the top priority, but I would still have him as a squad player. You never know. I’d also keep Wes and probably Bin Samatta and the one we signed from Wales. At least one, hopefully 2 quality proven goalscorers in is a must. I’ve got no idea who though, hopefully Smith does.

Kevin Davies?

Offline LeeB

« Reply #434 on: July 29, 2020, 01:13:26 PM »

Kevin Davies?

Man I hated that c**t.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal