collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jesús García Pitarch - binned  (Read 82143 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Jesús García Pitarch - binned
« Reply #315 on: July 28, 2020, 09:40:28 AM »
Although I would not want to rejoice in anyone losing their job, I do think the sacking of Pitarch is a good sign really.  Firstly, it shows that there is an acceptance that this season has not been good enough and secondly, that there is a bit of a ruthless approach at the club to improve. 

Offline HolteL4

« Reply #316 on: July 28, 2020, 09:42:15 AM »
Let not forget according to some Trezeguet is shit as well 😂

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #317 on: July 28, 2020, 09:43:23 AM »
Although I would not want to rejoice in anyone losing their job, I do think the sacking of Pitarch is a good sign really.  Firstly, it shows that there is an acceptance that this season has not been good enough and secondly, that there is a bit of a ruthless approach at the club to improve. 

I agree. Well done everyone for staying up and everything but something clearly has to change if we're going to kick on.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #318 on: July 28, 2020, 10:03:39 AM »
Here’s the shortlist of Sporting Directors.

1. Michael Emenalo

The end.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #319 on: July 28, 2020, 10:04:37 AM »
Let not forget according to some Trezeguet is shit as well 😂
His overall gameplay is very poor.  Yes he scored some vital goals, but that doesn't paper over the fact that he hasn't been good enough.  We're not going to have PL clubs kicking our doors in to take him off us.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #320 on: July 28, 2020, 10:07:39 AM »
I wouldn't say his overall play is poor. He lacks pace and strength and that means he doesn't get into good positions to deliver quality into the box.

He works very hard though and developed a fortune dose of the Allbäck syndrome.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #321 on: July 28, 2020, 10:10:46 AM »
I wouldn't say his overall play is poor. He lacks pace and strength and that means he doesn't get into good positions to deliver quality into the box.

He works very hard though and developed a fortune dose of the Allbäck syndrome.
There's some tinted specs here.  Did he make a single assist?  He scored a few goals as our tactics were put him on the far side of the box at corners and opposition clubs seemed not to pick this up.  He missed a few this way too.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #322 on: July 28, 2020, 10:15:43 AM »

Surely pace and strength are fairly important attributes for a winger/wide forward in the Premier League these days.  That and the ability to beat a man.  I'd be happy enough for him to stay, but not as first choice, we need a big upgrade on Trez and El Ghazi.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #323 on: July 28, 2020, 10:20:13 AM »

Surely pace and strength are fairly important attributes for a winger/wide forward in the Premier League these days.  That and the ability to beat a man.  I'd be happy enough for him to stay, but not as first choice, we need a big upgrade on Trez and El Ghazi.

I don't disagree. A really good and quick wide option is what we need to improve the starting XI. I think a player capable of scoring important goals and against decent sides (Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester) is worth having in the squad though.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #324 on: July 28, 2020, 10:33:31 AM »
It’s strange how we see things differently.
I thought one of the few attributes Trezeguet does have is pace.

He’s just not very good.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #325 on: July 28, 2020, 10:40:11 AM »
It’s strange how we see things differently.
I thought one of the few attributes Trezeguet does have is pace.

He’s just not very good.

If he has got pace, then he just doesn't have as much as any defender I've ever seen him up against! ;)

On Pitarch, it's no surprise he's gone really.  Something had to give, and it's clear the combination of him and Smith just hasn't worked.  With us staying up, there was no chance of them potting Smith now, so that leaves Suso as the fall guy.  If they're going to back Smith, they either have to let him do the recruiting himself, or bring in a Director of Football he can actually work with.  I think Smith had Pitarch and Terry foisted on him, he needs to start standing up for himself a bit now.

Online WassallVillain

« Reply #326 on: July 28, 2020, 10:46:23 AM »
Here’s the shortlist of Sporting Directors.

1. Michael Emenalo

The end.
When I heard the news my immediate thought was Arsene Wenger. Don’t know why never even cared before beyond the match day team.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #327 on: July 28, 2020, 10:48:14 AM »
Made official on Pravda/OS.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #328 on: July 28, 2020, 10:54:59 AM »
Another several million going on compensation no doubt.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #329 on: July 28, 2020, 11:00:56 AM »
Depends on who takes his place of course but I expect us to be getting better players in than those getting replaced. The big one will be strikers - we have to get someone who can connect to Grealish and McGinn / Luiz and be a threat. Hopefully it's someone with a bag of strikers on his books.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal