collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: I don't know about you but.  (Read 4360 times)

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
Re: I don't know about you but.
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2020, 05:16:50 PM »
Watched with others down hear.  All 3 matches on at the same time. That difference in emotion from Jack scoring, to the equaliser summed up being a Vila fan. At that point I was sure the football gods were going to kick us badly. However looking back, Villa played out the remaining minutes and injury time with amazing calm and maturity. Glad its all over. Need a rest after all that torture.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2020, 05:53:57 PM »
I’ve watched every one since the restart and they’ve become more and more nerve wracking to watch.

There was a little point of despair (Man U home) where I was calmer as I assumed we were done for.

Then Palace, Everton, Arsenal, and finally West Ham saw the heart rate go through the roof. I’ve shouted  at the TV, paced the room and probably worried the neighbours on a couple of occasions.

Finally today, there was an email from Lee Preece saying the flags are being collected up in readiness for being sent back or collected. A few of them have been shat on by the birds apparently!

It’s been a strange old time.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2020, 06:08:34 PM »
I’ve no idea how you can NOT watch if you have the opportunity. Not watching would be worse for me. My stream was over a minute behind and I heard a random neighbour cheer after Jack’s goal but wasn’t sure if it was a Blose fan and we had conceded. Switched off stream in the last 5 mins to ensure I was getting up to Date coverage from Radio 5 instead. Not being able to see us was awful

Overall I was fairly calm, Arsenal and holding on and failing against Everton was far worse

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2020, 06:41:18 PM »
Last year when Harry Wilson was adjudged to have handled the ball as the clock ticked over to 7 minutes I could have kissed the linesman as I was sure they were going to equalise.

This year I don't have BT Sport so made the decision not to watch easier.  So I had Jeff Stelling on.  Now, I don't know if anyone noticed but we were spared the agonising one second wait of Jeff doing the dramatic 'GOAL AT THE LONDON STADIUM' as they were actually on a break.  So I saw the score come up on the vidiprinter during the break and just did a gentle clenched fist and relaxed.  Whilst the break was still going on I noticed PWS update on here that it was 1-1 and that took ages to appear on the Sky screen so I thought for once he was winding us all up.  I could have cried when I saw it come up.  Then basically I just cowered behind the settee for eight minutes.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2020, 06:47:10 PM »
I thought it was ace, and I don't get how you follow 37 games and then ditch the most important one. I haven't been stressed or worried at all this season, I did let out a quiet "yes" and do a mini fist pump a couple of mins after it was confirmed we were staying up mind.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 09:17:01 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2020, 07:21:17 PM »
Villa really put us through the ringer don't they!! A difficult watch to sit through. I was knackered by 6.00pm on Sunday! So tense knowing the difference between success and failure. A financial disaster to drop a division, best players cherry-picked by circling vultures from the PL. West Brom above us....! Thankfully, it all turned out perfectly!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2020, 08:38:09 PM »
I didn't realise it was the only game not live on SKY (it was on BT and I don't have that). I had decided not to watch it but once it came to kick off time I wanted to watch it only to find I couldn't. Having said that I could have jumped in the car and gone round to my parents house. I ended up watching Arsenal v Watford and when that seemed to be game over I watched Everton v Bournemouth. I ended up living out the last ten minutes or so of the game on the SKY soccer special updates programme.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2020, 09:28:06 PM »
Just couldn't face it, too nervous so took one of my grandson's fishing.  I've said it before, I can take almost anything: a hammering, playing like shit, bad decisions etc as long as I'm there but watching it on telly isn't the same and I'm getting too old.  The wife rang me at about 6:15 moaning that dinner was ready and where were we?  I got us home about a quarter of an hour later to gloomy faces, I checked the scores but my brain wasn't behaving itself so I had to check the tables, cue much merriment in the house, they'd set me up to make me think we'd been relegated, it worked.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2020, 09:52:31 PM »
I always want to watch us in the stadium but since the away Play off semi final At the Albion, which I missed on tv, I have developed a superstition about us doing better if I don’t watch. I get crazily nervous though, far more than I should do after all these years.

I don’t have sky, BT or any other sports channels so don’t have much choice since lockdown. I was decorating last Tuesday night when we beat Arsenal so kept back more decorating for Sunday, and it worked a treat. I deliberately turned 5Live off before kick off but was inundated with messages during the game, so kept wiping the paint away to check my phone.

Wore the same t shirt for Palace and Arsenal so kept that routine too. I definitely needed a few drinks on Sunday night though, but it was worth every minute.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2020, 04:42:08 AM »
The game was on a 3am over here, so I just got up at 5:15am to see the headline that Watford & Bournemouth had been relegated before I even knew the score. Not watching it didn't help though, I spent the whole weekend worrying about it and kept waking up during the night. Wouldn't it be great to have a dull mid table finish for once.   

Offline levico

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2020, 12:32:11 PM »
Nope, totally chickened out. Watched cricket and avoided my phone. Eventually logged into H&V to see if we were celebrating or otherwise.

I missed all the drama and I’m glad.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2020, 01:01:37 AM »
Watched it all. Got a bit nervous near the end, but we didn't even allow them anywhere near our goal after the fluke equaliser(though we're still spawny, of course!)

Much prefer this to listening to the Arse game on the radio -a new form of Hell on Earth!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal