collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Champions League Contention by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:11:08 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 03:09:32 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 03:06:38 PM]

Robin Olsen by johnc
[Today at 03:05:35 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:11:08 PM]

Re: VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:11:07 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 03:09:32 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 03:06:38 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by johnc
[Today at 03:05:35 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 03:04:58 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 03:02:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jesús García Pitarch - binned  (Read 82149 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Jesús García Pitarch - binned
« Reply #405 on: July 28, 2020, 10:29:20 PM »
From my experience of working with orgnisations and CEOs, and from what I've read on this thread, Purslow's behaviour is exactly what would be expected of the man who has ultimate responsibility. Furthermore, in the context of a football club and his previous experience at two big clubs of course he is going to be involved in the football: that's what the club does, after all!
Regarding Pitarch, I don't mourn his departure at all: I don't see anything that he's done to celebrate particularly.
But, the next 3-4 weeks will show whether the new direction is better than the previous one on the transfer market.

That is how I see it too.  We already have absent owners so we need a man on the ground who’s finger prints are on everything.  By that I don’t mean interfering but more so making sure each department is challenged and accountable for their actions.

I see this mentioned about our owners a fair bit. How many top flight, billionaire, owners are hands-on? They’re putting the money in and hiring people to do the job of running the club, I don’t see the problem with that.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #406 on: July 28, 2020, 11:28:27 PM »
He scouted Wesley, Samatta and Nakamba for a combined £40m. He can fuck off with his excuses and stories.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #407 on: July 28, 2020, 11:32:32 PM »
He scouted Wesley, Samatta and Nakamba for a combined £40m. He can fuck off with his excuses and stories.

Or one Joelinton and almost a full Alex Iwobi. I get they haven’t exactly worked out but let’s put spending £40M in the proper context at PL level.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #408 on: July 28, 2020, 11:37:58 PM »

Wesley was starting to show signs of promise then suffered the serious injury. Samatta looked pretty decent pre-lockdown then turned into Ali Dia. Nakamba was marvellous for a while then went right off the boil.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #409 on: July 28, 2020, 11:49:28 PM »

Wesley was starting to show signs of promise then suffered the serious injury. Samatta looked pretty decent pre-lockdown then turned into Ali Dia. Nakamba was marvellous for a while then went right off the boil.

Wesley had scored 1 in 14 league games immediately before lockdown, 1 goal between October and his injury. Samatta scored one goal in 14 league games.

We need to get away from the mindset whereby we think players who deliver as little as that are the answer.

EDIT

although Davis is the worst, a striker who puts himself about but literally never looks like scoring, doesn't even manage to get shots off.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 11:51:58 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #410 on: July 29, 2020, 12:02:31 AM »
I think for all 3 (along with others) it's fair to say they had a good start and then dropped off. It happens a LOT with players coming into the premier league for the first time because the intensity of the games is pretty overwhelming when it's games every few days. The important bit is whether they adapt and come back stronger. Luiz had the same problem, the game was too quick for him and he was getting caught out. He's shown what can happen with a bit of time. That's why i won't write any of them off yet (although because of his age I have less patience for Samatta).

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #411 on: July 29, 2020, 12:16:24 AM »
Man U develop Rashford and Greenwood who score for fun. We get Keinan Davis who rarely ever gets a shot away. A goal but a pipe dream. How does that happen?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #412 on: July 29, 2020, 12:17:27 AM »
Grealish hasn't been too bad.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #413 on: July 29, 2020, 09:23:17 AM »
It would be nice if we could bring through a half-decent player more than once a decade or whatever.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #414 on: July 29, 2020, 09:42:16 AM »
It would be nice if every so often we didn’t repeat the mistakes of the past.  See Riley, P.

Offline HolteL4

« Reply #415 on: July 29, 2020, 10:25:34 AM »
Let not forget according to some Trezeguet is shit as well 😂
His overall gameplay is very poor.  Yes he scored some vital goals, but that doesn't paper over the fact that he hasn't been good enough.  We're not going to have PL clubs kicking our doors in to take him off us.

With respect that's total garbage his pace keeps the opposition on their back foot, take Spurs and Arsenal away (arsenal away especially) where we were winning when he was playing he got subbed then we lost. Arsenal was the prime example that Trezeguet has been a good buy, arsenal were shit scared of him getting  in behind them, when he went off they unleashed both barrels on us.

Offline HolteL4

« Reply #416 on: July 29, 2020, 10:27:01 AM »
I wouldn't say his overall play is poor. He lacks pace and strength and that means he doesn't get into good positions to deliver quality into the box.

He works very hard though and developed a fortune dose of the Allbäck syndrome.

Lacks pace?? Hasn't a stat just come out that only Adama Traore and Kyle Walker are faster than him.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #417 on: July 29, 2020, 10:39:10 AM »
The truth is somewhere in the middle, I feel.

He's not as shit as some of us have let on, but his end product is often lacking.

My friend, a neutral, was at VP with me before the lockdown; he reads the game very well and because he's not emotionally invested he reflected on the game in a different way.

I was just about to have a grumble about Trezeguet's uselessness when he said "I like the look of Trezeguet." I was visibly surprised so he acknowledged that it was a frustrating 90 mins in terms of end product for him, but he reckoned there was a baller in there. He said he'd spent more time watching Trez than Grealish because he kept expecting a moment of magic from him which never came, but it seemed as if the cogs were turning every time the ball came near him and he'd get caught in two minds about what to do with it.

Perhaps in a team that isn't struggling so much, he'd feel more freedom to play instinctively.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #418 on: July 29, 2020, 10:50:19 AM »
It would be nice if every so often we didn’t repeat the mistakes of the past.  See Riley, P.

I thought most people had finally got round to the idea that Riley actually signed quite a lot of very good players that were mismanaged into the ground by an incompetent halfwit?

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #419 on: July 29, 2020, 10:53:47 AM »
The truth is somewhere in the middle, I feel.

He's not as shit as some of us have let on, but his end product is often lacking.

My friend, a neutral, was at VP with me before the lockdown; he reads the game very well and because he's not emotionally invested he reflected on the game in a different way.

I was just about to have a grumble about Trezeguet's uselessness when he said "I like the look of Trezeguet." I was visibly surprised so he acknowledged that it was a frustrating 90 mins in terms of end product for him, but he reckoned there was a baller in there. He said he'd spent more time watching Trez than Grealish because he kept expecting a moment of magic from him which never came, but it seemed as if the cogs were turning every time the ball came near him and he'd get caught in two minds about what to do with it.

Perhaps in a team that isn't struggling so much, he'd feel more freedom to play instinctively.

I think he has all the potential tools in his locker but just needs good coaching which I think he has received post-lockdown which has led to his improvement?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal