collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Podcasts  (Read 18016 times)

Offline nuninho

Villa Podcasts
« on: August 09, 2018, 08:42:38 AM »
Morning All. Saw in one of the messages that there is an official Villa podcast "On the Bish".

Are there any others worth listening to? I'm aware of the Villa View but presume there are others?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Villa Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 08:56:09 AM »
My Old Man do one.  Not sure if it's any good though.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 09:29:03 AM »
The My Old Man Said one is OK to be fair.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 03:44:19 PM »
My Old Man podcast is good but Villa View does 2-3 episodes a week so that gives it the edge.

Offline Bully2345

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 03:54:57 PM »
I'm a big advocate of Villa View. They have sensible chat and contributions while not taking themselves too seriously so is a good listen.

Their Fancams is a good watch on youtube compared to the nonsense that is ArsenalFanTV.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 05:38:23 PM »
The villa view is the best villa podcast............Rabbits........Mugs.............funny toes.............and villa....what more could you want

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 05:58:15 PM »
I did slag them off a bit in H & V last summer by questioning their independence, as they have connections to Sky, but I like the Villa View.

Offline willenhall villa

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 06:17:10 PM »
The Villa View. They are all in the media trade and are all villa mad so a good mix. Dan who does the filming is very good and puts lots of effort in. Well done to all that spare their time giving us forums like this one and the new video stuff.

Offline dekko

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 08:55:58 PM »
I'm not contributing to the thread much by posting this but theres this little Youtube channel and podcast called the Villa View......

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 08:42:37 AM »
The villa view is one I would listen to

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 09:07:10 AM »
Definitely villa view

I think it's loads better than the others I've listened to. I have tried the holtecast but I can never finish it because I get annoyed at some of what they say

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 06:41:34 AM »
I've recently starting listening to the My Old Man Said podcasts and i'd recommend them to anyone looking to keep the fix going over the summer months.  The one they did mid February post Albion at home is really interesting and just encapsulates where we were compared to where we are now!

It's bloody brilliant to go back knowing whats about to come next.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 10:54:33 AM »
Coincidentally listened to my first MOMS podcast yesterday and found it a bit smug and boring, couldn't get through the whole thing.

Found the Under a Gaslit Lamp - Gather 'Round the Lamp podcast surprisingly good, nice contrast in matching a local fan with a US-based fan to chat all things Villa, sensible views and has a definite independent edge to it which is always appreciated. When it comes to Podcasts I find some of the glossier ones hard to swallow, not entirely sure why but there you go.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2019, 11:26:50 AM »
I like the Villa View lads, they're pretty honest and generally have a positive outlook, pretty well put together podcasts.

Villa on Tour videoblogs are good at capturing the atmosphere of the day - very different but quite entertaining.

I do listen to MOMS podacst, but agree with ATAL that the contributors enormously smarmy and nowhere near as funny as they think they are - but David Michael's heart certainly seems in the right place.  It's ok.

Holtecast is a bit of a struggle to be honest.  I don't mind James Rushton, but paired with that Danny Razza (I think?) it can be a bit of a car crash.  I find it a real struggle to get through a whole episode.

The Jonny Gould one features Howard Hodgson.  For that reason alone it's unlistenable.

Under a Gaslit Lamp - these guys are ok, only listened to a few episodes.  Not convinced by the US guys input yet, but he certainly does his research.

Of the non Villa ones, the TIFO podcasts are outstanding.  They now have a couple where they've concentrated on Villa and I really recommend these.  I've just listened to the latest BT Sport football writers podcast which I also thought was really good.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 11:56:41 AM »
I like the American on Gaslit Lamp, his phrasing makes me smile.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal