collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Championship Memories by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 08:29:45 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:28:13 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by N'ZMAV
[Today at 08:20:02 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by RamboandBruno
[Today at 08:13:06 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 08:11:19 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 08:06:29 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Godfrey Brian
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by algy
[Today at 08:01:14 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 666956 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: John McGinn - signed (Captain 2022/23)
« Reply #4620 on: March 26, 2023, 06:22:25 PM »
McGinn's done really well since Emery came in, miles ahead of the level he was this time last year (and for most of 2021).

I think like Mings he'll pen a contract extension in the summer as UE understands the importance of keeping a core of players around who know the club/league.

Think those games he spent on the bench after Gerrard got sacked gave him the kick up his considerable backside he needed so that's important going forward, we don't just start the established players for the sake of it.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #4621 on: March 26, 2023, 06:40:09 PM »
McGinn's done really well since Emery came in, miles ahead of the level he was this time last year (and for most of 2021).

I think like Mings he'll pen a contract extension in the summer as UE understands the importance of keeping a core of players around who know the club/league.

Think those games he spent on the bench after Gerrard got sacked gave him the kick up his considerable backside he needed so that's important going forward, we don't just start the established players for the sake of it.

I think this is right. If playing well and scoring for Scotland against the lesser footballing nations, gives him confidence, then great. I however, tend to judge any of our players on how they play for Villa. Apart from his period out injured, McGinns form under Emery, has been largely excellent. The challenge will be whether he can maintain that form for the rest of the season and then how he reacts if we buy someone who can also play in a similar position like the lad from Marseille.
I understand FVs overall point but if McGinn doesn’t score against Spain (no matter how well he plays) but then has a blinder for Villa at Chelsea, it kind of makes the overall point mute.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4622 on: March 26, 2023, 07:12:56 PM »
*clears throat, waits for BE*

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #4623 on: March 26, 2023, 07:21:55 PM »

I think this is right. If playing well and scoring for Scotland against the lesser footballing nations, gives him confidence, then great. I however, tend to judge any of our players on how they play for Villa. Apart from his period out injured, McGinns form under Emery, has been largely excellent. The challenge will be whether he can maintain that form for the rest of the season and then how he reacts if we buy someone who can also play in a similar position like the lad from Marseille.
I understand FVs overall point but if McGinn doesn’t score against Spain (no matter how well he plays) but then has a blinder for Villa at Chelsea, it kind of makes the overall point mute.

Well McGinn, himself, is the one emphasising goals by his broadcasting about not scoring goals for Villa!
You make a valid point though, RBruno, and his performances for Villa are considerably of the most utmost importance and concern

We are most interested about his contributions in the Premier League next match against Chelsea so in that respect he doesn't have to score against Spain

Signing some one in the summer to come in for McGinn will represents the next step in moving forward as a team,  the idea of an improvement in that position, and the kind of midfielder who is scoring goals from that position.

Although I support McGinn and recognize his improvement ,to some extent, and he has a shown a great attitude and will always make an effort, as well as a certain likeable nature , I do believe that a better football player is required because Ginny has already demonstrated what he is capable of doing and that isn't contributing by scoring goals
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 07:23:34 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4624 on: March 26, 2023, 07:22:11 PM »

Your post started well but then took a swan dive.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #4625 on: March 26, 2023, 07:22:15 PM »
*clears throat, waits for BE*

:)

I'm saying nothing.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4626 on: March 26, 2023, 07:23:59 PM »

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #4627 on: March 26, 2023, 07:47:23 PM »
McGinn 7 shots on target this season.
Had 4 big chances.
XGoals 1.53

Ramsey has chipped in with 3 goals
Douglas Luiz has chipped in with 3 goals
McGinn? Nothing.

Yes, McGinn strength is his tackling and combative nature, but he surely needs to have offered up a even one goal by now.
Ward Prowse 7 goals and Neves 5 goals play the right of midfield and at times deeper. They take penalties.

Then there are the likes
5 goals Højbjerg
4 goals Xhaka
3 goals Paulina
3 goals Partey.

Midfielder at Everton Doucoure has even scored 2 in recent weeks under a new manager having not scored all season. So now come on McGinn give us a goal man!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4628 on: March 26, 2023, 08:05:32 PM »
If only he hadn’t got wasted that weekend in Dublin.

Offline colin69

« Reply #4629 on: March 26, 2023, 08:14:17 PM »

God you’re boring…..

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4630 on: March 26, 2023, 09:27:25 PM »

God you’re boring…..

And you paid attention to my post because?

Offline colin69

« Reply #4631 on: March 26, 2023, 09:39:26 PM »
I’m bored shitless and it’s something to do…

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4632 on: March 26, 2023, 11:54:58 PM »
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Signing a player who has scored against a top ranked nation on the international stage would be an upgrade on McGinn.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I don't think signing the Alshehri or Aldawsari who both scored for Saudi Arabia against Argentina will be an upgrade on John.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #4633 on: March 27, 2023, 01:36:14 AM »
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Signing a player who has scored against a top ranked nation on the international stage would be an upgrade on McGinn.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I don't think signing the Alshehri or Aldawsari who both scored for Saudi Arabia against Argentina will be an upgrade on John.

Yes.

There is a glitch in the logic of the algorithm.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #4634 on: March 27, 2023, 09:34:33 AM »
You only have to look at the opponents Haaland has scored against at international level to see why it was stupid for Man City to buy him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal