collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 653905 times)

Offline cheltenhamlion

Re: John McGinn - signed
« Reply #720 on: April 01, 2019, 06:56:20 PM »
Quiz 2029
Q What memorable event happened at Villa Park on 30 March 2019?
A John McGinn won a corner

and everyone who was there remembered it.

If Carlsberg did "Likes"....

Offline boutrosboutrosgnarly

« Reply #721 on: April 01, 2019, 07:09:53 PM »
After some of the absolute shithouses we've had 'playing' for us this last decade or so McGinn has restored some of my faith in professional footballers.He is ace, I fucking love the bloke

Online usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #722 on: April 02, 2019, 02:38:10 AM »
Had a very brief trip to Edinburgh recently, the taxi driver was a big Hibs fan and could not stop talking about McGinn.  He said a bus load of them were making a trip to Villa Park before the end of the season.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #723 on: April 02, 2019, 08:07:17 AM »
that run was all we spoke about for 15mins in the car on the way home, I have never seen anything like it.

I love the way our John plays football....

UTV
The Doc

Offline WRVilla

« Reply #724 on: April 02, 2019, 09:11:36 AM »
He’s like a throwback to a bygone era, I’ve tried to think of a similar player but I’m struggling. Absolutely love him though. My 6-year old son was always talking about Grealish until a few months ago, now he’s got several players to look up to - McGinn being one of them.

I don’t think we will lose him in the summer whatever league we end up in, if we’re still down in the Championship we will probably need to sell Jack in which case we shouldn’t need to sell John too, surely?

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #725 on: April 02, 2019, 09:30:21 AM »
Got 19 seconds you need to fill? Why not watch how John McGinn wins a corner

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #726 on: April 02, 2019, 09:36:12 AM »
I don't think that I've ever seen or participated in a standing ovation before for a bloke winning a corner

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #727 on: April 02, 2019, 09:41:52 AM »
Whatever the outcome of our season, that has to be a standout moment.  Imagine being a defender that late in the game and having to chase that.  Definitely heading towards Des Bremner status, in fact on second thoughts he's probably attained it.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #728 on: April 02, 2019, 11:13:16 AM »
Whatever the outcome of our season, that has to be a standout moment.  Imagine being a defender that late in the game and having to chase that.  Definitely heading towards Des Bremner status, in fact on second thoughts he's probably attained it.

I love the bloke and all that but steady on - playing well and busting a gut in the Championship vs being a key member of the league and European Cup winning sides!!

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #729 on: April 02, 2019, 01:40:31 PM »
Sorry but I disagree.  What SJM did in the final minute of that game showed intelligence and technical nous.  It is possible to be both intelligent and tactically aware no matter what level you play at.  I accept that the higher you go the more proficient the opposition become but my point still stands.

Offline mike

« Reply #730 on: April 02, 2019, 08:15:54 PM »
You see, I've spent 50 plus years as a confirmed heterosexual, a choice which I do not believe to be superior to the alternative, merely the one that I have made. Then, Jack Grealish does his thing at St Andrews and I start to doubt myself, now I'm feeling guilty to Jack because I can't help watching John sashay by... And now it's got me remembering just how deeply I still care for Ian Taylor after all these years.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #731 on: April 02, 2019, 08:25:35 PM »
You see, I've spent 50 plus years as a confirmed heterosexual, a choice which I do not believe to be superior to the alternative, merely the one that I have made.

My Guardian reader cred means I have to point out, it's not a choice being a hetero or homosexual.

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #732 on: April 03, 2019, 09:30:59 AM »
James Milner used to make those runs for us. From defending on the edge of our box to dawdling over a corner at the other end in the 94th minute.

JM2?

Offline mike

« Reply #733 on: April 03, 2019, 09:35:19 AM »
You see, I've spent 50 plus years as a confirmed heterosexual, a choice which I do not believe to be superior to the alternative, merely the one that I have made.

My Guardian reader cred means I have to point out, it's not a choice being a hetero or homosexual.

Thank you. I tried to be inclusive and failed. My nephew is gay, which bothers my family not a jot, but we cannot accept him being a Tory.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #734 on: April 03, 2019, 10:02:59 AM »
Seconded, do you think we will hang onto him for next season or given the clubs philosophy changes of increasing value of assets to sell for profit, we’ll sell ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal