collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621606 times)

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #1725 on: October 14, 2020, 12:53:19 PM »
Story in the Athletic that H Hodgson was involved in a consortium that tried to buy the club of Lerner.

Classic Randy. Agreed to sell the club for £150m in 2015. Changed his mind at the last minute. Sold the club in 2016 instead. For £76m.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1726 on: October 14, 2020, 01:40:01 PM »
Story in the Athletic that H Hodgson was involved in a consortium that tried to buy the club of Lerner.

Classic Randy. Agreed to sell the club for £150m in 2015. Changed his mind at the last minute. Sold the club in 2016 instead. For £76m.

It was Daddy Lerner who was the businessman and built a fortune. Randy was a lawyer who spent a fortune.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1727 on: October 14, 2020, 01:42:30 PM »
 He did get £30m when we were promoted though, didn't he (Xia baled out by NotSafeForWork Ltd.)? Still...quite a haircut.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1728 on: October 14, 2020, 01:50:09 PM »

And if you believe that...

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1729 on: October 14, 2020, 01:57:40 PM »
He did get £30m when we were promoted though, didn't he (Xia baled out by NotSafeForWork Ltd.)? Still...quite a haircut.

Nothing compared to the haircut he got with his shares in Bank of America, the main payment for the sale of his credit card business. It goes a long way to explain why he suddenly stopped throwing money at Villa. Can't say I blame him, if memory serves BoA shares dropped 80% in value.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1730 on: October 14, 2020, 01:58:51 PM »
For those naysayers doubting the genius of HH, you can read his Blueprint for the future here:

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/t935-howard-hodgson-blueprint-for-the-future-of-aston-villa

Essentially appoint a manager as good as Arsène Wenger and beat other clubs to the best young European talent and all will be well.  Mind blown.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1731 on: October 14, 2020, 02:41:10 PM »

Nothing compared to the haircut he got with his shares in Bank of America, the main payment for the sale of his credit card business. It goes a long way to explain why he suddenly stopped throwing money at Villa. Can't say I blame him, if memory serves BoA shares dropped 80% in value.

Wasn't there also talk of an expensive divorce settlement and Ma Lerner imploring Randolph to cease keeping Richard Dunne in gourmet sausage rolls?

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1732 on: October 14, 2020, 02:56:01 PM »
It's almost a year to the day since the Chinese Government issued an arrest warrant for shit shoe wearing Tony.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #1733 on: October 14, 2020, 03:12:45 PM »
It's almost a year to the day since the Chinese Government issued an arrest warrant for shit shoe wearing Tony.

everytime I see or hear Tony Xia's name I automatically think of that little Asian gangster fella Mr Chow out of the film The Hangover....

UTV
The Doc

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1734 on: October 14, 2020, 03:15:07 PM »
Is Tony still punting out MSG or has he driven his Mondeo completely off into the twilight?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #1735 on: October 14, 2020, 03:32:03 PM »

Wasn't there also talk of an expensive divorce settlement and Ma Lerner imploring Randolph to cease keeping Richard Dunne in gourmet sausage rolls?

Apparently the divorce wasn't much of a factor, but the rest of the family did reportedly tell Randy that he was spending a bit too much of their inheritance on that Limey football club. There were other factors as well.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1736 on: October 14, 2020, 03:38:53 PM »
I remember reading about another investment company that he'd put money into, only for the two really unqualified individuals he's got to run it lose everything.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #1737 on: October 14, 2020, 03:45:14 PM »

He kept that quiet.

Just not on Twitter.

He's got a yacht BTW.

And he used to be an actor.

Not to mention his time in Spandau Ballet.
Is it true he was in 80s classic Howard's Way?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #1738 on: October 14, 2020, 04:35:50 PM »
I remember reading about another investment company that he'd put money into, only for the two really unqualified individuals he's got to run it lose everything.

And a judge to then describe it as being run like a frat house?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1739 on: October 14, 2020, 05:24:16 PM »

Correct, and he had about $2.5 billions worth.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal