collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621568 times)

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #1575 on: October 15, 2019, 11:39:45 PM »
Brent mate. All these posts will echo in eternity. This is your legacy.
That’s fine by me. I give it and can take it. I hope Boris has two great terms in office like he did as mayor of London then I’ll look you up. Likewise if he gets shot down in flames I’m happy to don the tin hat.

I don't really want to get involved but you're going to need to provide some evidence for those 2 great terms in office as Mayor.
I suppose I’d have to say to be voted in for the second term in office he must have had to be pretty good in his first one ?

As was Ken Livingstone, who I think was a decent mayor. I'm sure you'll join me in agreeing that they're both equally great.
I will have to concur using the same rationale and also accept that both aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1576 on: October 15, 2019, 11:43:23 PM »
Brent mate. All these posts will echo in eternity. This is your legacy.
That’s fine by me. I give it and can take it. I hope Boris has two great terms in office like he did as mayor of London then I’ll look you up. Likewise if he gets shot down in flames I’m happy to don the tin hat.

I don't really want to get involved but you're going to need to provide some evidence for those 2 great terms in office as Mayor.
I suppose I’d have to say to be voted in for the second term in office he must have had to be pretty good in his first one ?

As was Ken Livingstone, who I think was a decent mayor. I'm sure you'll join me in agreeing that they're both equally great.
I will have to concur using the same rationale and also accept that both aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Well I guess there's at least a degree of balance in your admiration for both an anti-Semite and an Islamophobe.

I'm not being entirely serious with that comment but I think you may be over excited.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1577 on: October 16, 2019, 04:10:19 PM »
I'm confused.

As our investors over the past umpteen years have all been foreigners, am I allowed to comment on them? In fact, are they allowed to invest?

Offline mike

« Reply #1578 on: October 16, 2019, 05:18:44 PM »
As one of Birmingham’s more marmite sons points out, which bit is there not to like about Boris Piccaniny-Watermelon-Letterbox Bumboys Vampires Haircu-Wall Spaffer-Fuck Business-Get off My Fucking Laptop-Girly Swot-Big Girls Blouse-Chicken Frit-Hulk Smash Noseringed Crusties Death Humbug-Johnson.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1579 on: October 16, 2019, 06:14:57 PM »
It's like when Americans say to me on Twitter that I can't have an opinion on Trump because I don't live there. The stupidity seems to be spreading.

Stupidity does appear to be a particularly virulent virus in the last few years.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1580 on: October 16, 2019, 07:39:54 PM »
I'm confused.

As our investors over the past umpteen years have all been foreigners, am I allowed to comment on them? In fact, are they allowed to invest?
Yes and double yes.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #1581 on: October 16, 2019, 10:19:43 PM »
It must be time to move on from this circular argument and post on the actual investment theme.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1582 on: October 17, 2019, 09:26:45 AM »
It must be time to move on from this circular argument and post on the actual investment theme.

I agree, if the politics back and forth goes on, we'll just lock it.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1583 on: October 17, 2019, 01:23:09 PM »
I think the biggest difference between our current guys and the Lerner era is that

1/ These had a current and very strong business background - Randy inherited Dads money and screwed most things up afterwards - and not just with the Villa
2/ Randy's heart was in the right place but poor Managerial decisions was his demise - NSWE built from the bottom up and put an infrastructure in place that has already started to reap rewards.
3/ They seem to attract professional kudos amongst their peers and the way they circumnavigated their way around FFP was quite amazing
4/ Their business acumen is across so many different disciplines from marketing to media to sports that you just feel confident they are here to succeed and they seemingly will.

And I am just as sure that when the day comes to redevelop the ground they will do it properly and not based on the deal they can get for concrete.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #1584 on: October 17, 2019, 01:32:33 PM »
Is it me or has Purslow been incredibly quiet since the season started?

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #1585 on: October 17, 2019, 01:39:35 PM »
Is it me or has Purslow been incredibly quiet since the season started?
Hopefully this is part of the overall club ethos. We no longer feature frequently in the press for all the wrong reasons as often happened over the last decade with the various exploits some of our players indulged in.
Between matches the club gets on with its work in a quiet, considered and grown up manner. I hope we continue in this way.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1586 on: October 17, 2019, 03:17:42 PM »
There looks to have been a big turnover of staff internally too. On and off the pitch the club is improving.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1587 on: October 17, 2019, 03:33:37 PM »
I am pretty sure they will get the off the pitch stuff right too.
Taking Hookeys point, I think we have people who actually know what they are doing.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1588 on: October 17, 2019, 04:11:12 PM »
Taking Hookeys point, I think we have people who actually know what they are doing.

Agree, by and large, but some signs of old problems persisting - not managing to sort the shirts out for a start (ie people wanting to buy them but unable to, and then when they finally get them, they fall apart on being washed), the mess over membership packs too .

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1589 on: October 17, 2019, 04:14:28 PM »

Agree, by and large, but some signs of old problems persisting - not managing to sort the shirts out for a start (ie people wanting to buy them but unable to, and then when they finally get them, they fall apart on being washed), the mess over membership packs too .
Agree, I would be surprised if these problems persist but they should have been sorted out by now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal