collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 622320 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #1110 on: July 29, 2019, 03:15:36 PM »
I don't like this only having one option nonsense. That's how Brexit got started.

I'm in favour of rebuilding the North and the Witton Lane Stand to take capacity to at least 55,000. If we are unable to do that, move to a new ground holding at least 60,000.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1111 on: July 29, 2019, 03:28:36 PM »
This season is the first where demand has been as high. We're just back in the top division.

Why on earth would anyone gamble on building a new ground, either where we are or elsewhere on the back of that? If demand starts to outstrip supply then perhaps we look at it but how many times in the last (insert however many you wish) years have we had capacity crowds?

That has nothing to do with the facilities either, but all to do with the football, Arsenal and Tottenham had smaller capacities than ours and went bigger after sustained success (modern-day success of finishing Top 4), Liverpool and Manchester clubs similarly. We need to show that we'll challenge over a period of time rather than a knee-jerk reaction to one successful season getting promoted via the play-offs from Division 2.

We may need to update the North and Witton but I'd hold off until we know that crowds will continue, that we can challenge and that it's sustainable. There's nothing worse than half-empty grounds, and I fear that's what would happen if we don't start winning trophies.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1112 on: July 29, 2019, 03:30:23 PM »
agreed - this isn't happening in the immediate future,we have to become an established force first.

Offline KRS

« Reply #1113 on: July 29, 2019, 03:42:04 PM »
Absolutely. We need continued investment in the playing side first, establish ourselves back in the top 6 and look to be qualifying for Champions League. New stadium plans take years to design and implement anyway so there’s no harm in getting the ball rolling and exploring options.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1114 on: July 29, 2019, 03:43:50 PM »
Demand already outstrips supply.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1115 on: July 29, 2019, 03:49:41 PM »

For season tickets that have been capped at 30k for the first time ever.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1116 on: July 29, 2019, 03:55:04 PM »

Not to the point where we need a new stadium it hasnt.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1117 on: July 29, 2019, 03:59:51 PM »
Not necessarily. We need to expand the stadium though.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1118 on: July 29, 2019, 04:03:04 PM »
I’ve been to Main Road and the new Man City stadium anyone using it as a example of a good thing is mad
Of all the new clubs that have moved somehow City managed to rip the heart out of their club

it’s the most soulless place in English football bar none

Sad because I like them as a club, but when I went (we lost 4-0) I actually felt sorry for their fans which sounds ridiculous but talking to them they were so disconnected to what they had become

I wouldn’t swap places and be where they are with all their money and success
football is far more than shiny new stadiums with a bit of leg room and space to cart wheel around at half time, who gives a fuck your at a football match

I haven’t been to a single new ground yet where I preferred it to the old one
That could change as I haven’t visited the Riverside yet and Ayrsome park was a hemorrhoid on the arse if football grounds

you millennials wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes in the cess pit conditions of yesteryear
we’ve come a long way from that but it’s still a football match we going to not the Opera or the Dorchester

it’s a big no from me

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:30:29 PM by john e »

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1119 on: July 29, 2019, 04:11:39 PM »
I went for the last option, as music never lets you down, puts a smile on your face any time, any place.

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #1120 on: July 29, 2019, 04:25:38 PM »
I went for the last option, as music never lets you down, puts a smile on your face any time, any place.

Me too, because I’m still buzzing from seeing Nile Rodgers and Chic last night.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1121 on: July 29, 2019, 04:35:11 PM »
I’ve been to Main Road and the new Man City stadium anyone using it as a example of a good thing is mad
Of all the new clubs that have moved somehow City managed to ripp the heart out of their club

it’s the most soulless place in English football bar none

Sad because I like them as a club, but when I went (we lost 4-0) I actually felt sorry for their fans which sounds ridiculous but talking to them they were so disconnected to what they had become

I wouldn’t swap places and be where they are with all their money and success
football is far more than shiny new stadiums with a bit of leg room and space to cart wheel around at half time, who gives a fuck your at a football match

I haven’t been to a single new ground yet where I preferred it to the old one
That could change as I haven’t visited the Riverside yet and Ayrsome park was a hemorrhoid  on the arse if footvall grounds

you millennials wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes in the cess pit conditions of yesteryear
we’ve come a long way from that but it’s still a football match we going to not the Opera or the Dorchester

it’s a big no from me

Riverside is pretty wank tbf.

Of the ones which have improved I'd list Arsenal and Wembley.

Southampton is about the worst.

No reason why we need a tedious identikit stadium, though. Building projects in Birmingham in the last twenty years show that the city is not afraid of being different to be iconic.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 04:36:58 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1122 on: July 29, 2019, 04:35:31 PM »
this thread's beginning to freak me out tbh.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1123 on: July 29, 2019, 04:36:31 PM »
this thread's beginning to freak me out tbh.

BOO!

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1124 on: July 29, 2019, 04:57:58 PM »
The idea of a new stadium on the old Wholesale Markets site is a non-starter.  The reason for moving the markets is to open up the area to re-link Digbeth and Highgate to the centre so that residential areas can be built (see 'The Big City Plan').  The Planners are not going to accept a massive stadium blocking what they are trying to create. Any new major stadium will have to be built outside the inner ring road.

Any reason why it couldn’t be in the Gun Quarter?
Theres no available land?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal