collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 01:08:06 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621676 times)

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #945 on: July 27, 2019, 03:53:57 PM »
If we are going to upgrade VP then the Commonwealth games stadium could be our home for 12 months.

Nope we’re hosting the Rugby 7s as part of the games so we can’t do anything.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #946 on: July 27, 2019, 03:56:45 PM »
If we are going to upgrade VP then the Commonwealth games stadium could be our home for 12 months.

Nope we’re hosting the Rugby 7s as part of the games so we can’t do anything.

I'm sure I read that's not a definite.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #947 on: July 27, 2019, 04:00:37 PM »
I'd be very disappointed if Villa Park wasn't part of the biggest event Birmingham has ever hosted. I'm still annoyed that the idiotic previous incumbent managed to lose us the Olympic football to that plastic rugby ground outside Coventry.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #948 on: July 27, 2019, 04:52:57 PM »
I meant using it afterwards.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #949 on: July 27, 2019, 04:56:59 PM »
Still a no from me, don't fancy a year watching ants from behind a running track.

Start work after the last home game and get it done for the start of the next season, requesting starting the season with back to back away games if required.

That would be enough to sort one stand out.

Do the same with the other stand the year after.

Would have to be next summer and the summer of 2021, let's have the ground looking as great as possible when Birmingham hosts the Britishempirewerentallbastardshonest Games.

Offline KRS

« Reply #950 on: July 27, 2019, 04:57:22 PM »
I’ve suggested this before too and agree with you. Apparently it’s going to be a 40,000 seater stadium so could be a temporary home whilst Villa Park receives a full modern rebuild. Makes perfect sense to me and keeps everyone happy.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #951 on: July 27, 2019, 05:01:24 PM »
Still a no from me, don't fancy a year watching ants from behind a running track.

Start work after the last home game and get it done for the start of the next season, requesting starting the season with back to back away games if required.

Would have to be next summer and the summer of 2021, let's have the ground looking as great as possible when Birmingham hosts the Britishempirewerentallbastardshonest Games.

Would it bollocks!!

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #952 on: July 27, 2019, 05:27:04 PM »
It's a no from me for any suggestion of moving from Villa Park permanently. We're not landlocked. And the increase in capacity we (may) need in future can be achieved where we are. Before you even get into the history of the location.  I never heard much of this sort of talk before Tottingham's super duper new stadium came along. And those kind of soulless Odromo Bowls leave me cold. Twats munching on hotdogs watching the match on big screens in the concourses rather than in the stands.  Fuck that right off.

But if we're using Australia as an example - if a large, modern, municipal stadium was built near the city centre - I wouldn't be against the odd big high profile game being held there, as certain sides do in Melbourne.  Could be used by SHA as well ... (actually, no. As they'll never get the numbers. Wolves then).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 05:29:18 PM by KevinGage »

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #953 on: July 27, 2019, 05:36:40 PM »
I'd feel very uneasy about leaving VP. In an age where we are blessed to have a captain and manager who are local and love the club - Gareth Bale deciding to retire early in China for a million quid a week putting modern players' motivation in stark terms; a traditional, much-loved ground is one of the few things that helps anchor a club's identity.

Players and staff come and go. Apart from the supporters what else does a club have to show for its continued existence?  A ground as storied as Villa Park is too important to consign to the past especially if it's practical to do the refurb we require.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #954 on: July 27, 2019, 05:45:01 PM »
The other possible benefit of a shared/ municipal ground is it wouldn't feel so bad getting dicked by Yanited and the other sugarbags in what would essentially be a neutral venue. Rather than having their mutant fans taking the piss at their favourite away ground.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #955 on: July 27, 2019, 05:47:21 PM »
I want more than a redeveloped North Stand. As someone prepared to part with my hard-earned disposable at the home of the club I love, my experience of trying to do that in the two bits of the ground I use these days are
Lower Holte, useable pre-match, miss 10 minutes of the game at half time
Upper Trinity, I'm starting to be consumed by dread that there'll be more than three dozen of us trying to use it this season.

It's customer service from another era.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #956 on: July 27, 2019, 05:51:24 PM »
I'd feel very uneasy about leaving VP. In an age where we are blessed to have a captain and manager who are local and love the club - Gareth Bale deciding to retire early in China for a million quid a week putting modern players' motivation in stark terms; a traditional, much-loved ground is one of the few things that helps anchor a club's identity.

Players and staff come and go. Apart from the supporters what else does a club have to show for its continued existence?  A ground as storied as Villa Park is too important to consign to the past especially if it's practical to do the refurb we require.

I don't disagree. I'd only be in favour of moving if we were unable to expand Villa Park sufficiently. Then I would move, reluctantly. Rather do that then prevent thousands of fans who want to attend from doing so.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #957 on: July 27, 2019, 05:55:44 PM »
The Witton needs to go with the North as well and there would need to be investment in up scaling facilities in the other two and improving transportation infrastructure around Villa Park.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #958 on: July 27, 2019, 06:02:41 PM »

Would it bollocks!!

Indeed

There's no chance whatsoever a stand gets knocked down and rebuilt in the close season.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #959 on: July 27, 2019, 06:03:46 PM »
I'm not as invested in this as some, being as how I rarely get to games these days, but if a new stadium could be built that moves the club and the city forward I'd be all for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal