collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Woody17
[Today at 12:34:13 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621662 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #900 on: July 27, 2019, 12:12:45 PM »
Yes that new Everton ground looks like it will be brilliant.  I know that Villa Park is home, but if you think that most of the stands and facilities are actully pretty shit, I wouldn't be averse to a shiny new ground at all, as long as it wasn't a bland identikit effort like Stoke for example.

Most of the stands and facilities aren't shit...

One stand could do with bulldozing and another needs improving, but that's par for the course for traditional grounds. I wouldn't ever want us to move out of Villa Park, and as we're not hemmed in and prevented from developing, we've no reason to.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #901 on: July 27, 2019, 12:13:33 PM »
Yes, The Trinity is decent enough, but the other three all leave an awful lot to be desired.

Offline KRS

« Reply #902 on: July 27, 2019, 12:15:27 PM »
The upper Trinity Road concourse (particularly at half time) is shockingly bad.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #903 on: July 27, 2019, 12:19:30 PM »
I could live with us moving somewhere with better public transport links and facilities, so long as it was still a proper part of the city and not on some retail park somewhere in the middle of nowhere like Bolton's ground. I'd rather just stay at Villa Park, expand to fifty and maybe eventually sixty thousand, working with the council and transport companies to ensure improving travel links. Not quite sure how you do that but sure a grown up could work it out. For a start, I hear that German fans get free public transport if they have a match ticket. How can we get the same? That would encourage plenty of people off the roads.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #904 on: July 27, 2019, 12:34:15 PM »
Public transport is free in Oz (Brisbane anyway) with a match ticket across the board, Aussie Rules, Rugby League, Rugby Union and Cricket. Works really well.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #905 on: July 27, 2019, 01:03:33 PM »
Public transport is free in Oz (Brisbane anyway) with a match ticket across the board, Aussie Rules, Rugby League, Rugby Union and Cricket. Works really well.

This is England.  We dont do joined up thinking.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #906 on: July 27, 2019, 01:08:54 PM »
The facilities in the Trinity Rd are not too bad, and i haven't been in the Holte since it was rebuilt so have no idea, but the other two stands have truly dreadful facilities.

The Upper Holte is very good. Lage space and over two decks too.

The North needs to go and so does the Witton. I hate the comments I read from away fans about how poor the upper Witton is. It's not what Villa Park should be about.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #907 on: July 27, 2019, 01:18:24 PM »
Yes that new Everton ground looks like it will be brilliant.  I know that Villa Park is home, but if you think that most of the stands and facilities are actully pretty shit, I wouldn't be averse to a shiny new ground at all, as long as it wasn't a bland identikit effort like Stoke for example.

One stand could do with bulldozing and another needs improving, but that's par for the course for traditional grounds. I wouldn't ever want us to move out of Villa Park, and as we're not hemmed in and prevented from developing, we've no reason to.

The Witton is absolutely awful. So cramped. It's like being at a match in the 70s.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #908 on: July 27, 2019, 01:18:45 PM »
I could live with us moving somewhere with better public transport links and facilities, so long as it was still a proper part of the city and not on some retail park somewhere in the middle of nowhere like Bolton's ground. I'd rather just stay at Villa Park, expand to fifty and maybe eventually sixty thousand, working with the council and transport companies to ensure improving travel links. Not quite sure how you do that but sure a grown up could work it out. For a start, I hear that German fans get free public transport if they have a match ticket. How can we get the same? That would encourage plenty of people off the roads.

Went to Berlin in May and yes there was free travel to the ground

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #909 on: July 27, 2019, 01:20:31 PM »

Their public transport is probably publicly owned which would make these things easier, rather than our hideous mish mash of different companies.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #910 on: July 27, 2019, 01:21:48 PM »
If things progress well a new stadium versus redevelopment to take full advantage of modern commercial opportunities maybe the better option. So many more complications in trying to update Villa Park with inconveniences to the surrounding environment and community. So given what Spurs have done, Everton/Liverpool etc will do maybe build a new Villa Park if land exists not too far away to help keep up.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #911 on: July 27, 2019, 01:21:50 PM »
I dunno tbh. What about Australia, then? That can't be publicly owned, the Aussies make Little Englanders seem like rabid Communists.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #912 on: July 27, 2019, 01:28:46 PM »

The North Stand is dire, and there's no leg room in the Witton for anybody over 5'4" tall.  The half time catering is terrible just about everywhere, and the congestion and lack of parking nearby is pretty problematic as well.  And of course we're hemmed in on the Trinity and Witton sides, so the North Stand is the only one that could really be redeveloped to give us a 50,000 capacity, unless we fill in the corners, which would be difficult, and would look shit.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #913 on: July 27, 2019, 01:31:08 PM »

The North Stand is dire, and there's no leg room in the Witton for anybody over 5'4" tall.  The half time catering is terrible just about everywhere, and the congestion and lack of parking nearby is pretty problematic as well.  And of course we're hemmed in on the Trinity and Witton sides, so the North Stand is the only one that could really be redeveloped to give us a 50,000 capacity, unless we fill in the corners, which would be difficult, and would look shit.

I also think when people discuss whether or not we need a bigger ground, they look at it in terms of number of seats and overlook the much improved facilities that would create, and the extra revenue flow that comes with it.

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if we ended up in a ground on that Smithfield market site in the city centre. The timeframes for the development would fit in with our growing requirements.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #914 on: July 27, 2019, 01:32:57 PM »
If things progress well a new stadium versus redevelopment to take full advantage of modern commercial opportunities maybe the better option. So many more complications in trying to update Villa Park with inconveniences to the surrounding environment and community. So given what Spurs have done, Everton/Liverpool etc will do maybe build a new Villa Park if land exists not too far away to help keep up.

Perry Barr Park seems a good place to build  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal