collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621886 times)

Offline Holy Trinity

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #255 on: July 22, 2018, 05:53:49 PM »
How much is an uber from Peckham to villa park for our very own del boy?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #256 on: July 22, 2018, 06:28:42 PM »
Uber from the Elephant to VP is £240 via the M11/M6 so via the bandit country of Peckham £260-70?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #257 on: July 22, 2018, 06:34:44 PM »
There’s a good article in the Times today apparently about how this deal came together and some of the plans of our new owners. If someone has a subscription maybe they can post it. Here’s the Twitter link.

https://twitter.com/ste_healy/status/1020966894046674944?s=12

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #258 on: July 22, 2018, 06:50:38 PM »
Page 14 TV if your set up is 15 per page.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #259 on: July 22, 2018, 06:53:05 PM »
We still command a great deal of respect in the football world due to our tradition. If we were seen to come back from the brink by building a progressive young team and not resorting to big money, I think we would win a great deal of support from football supporters in general who are fed up with money ruining the game.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #260 on: July 22, 2018, 06:55:12 PM »
Sounds really positive.  We have people are actually good at turning sports clubs around.  I hope this week sees a few things sorted and we get back to buying players.  I am more optimistic with these two in charge than I was with Randy Lerner.   Bruce will be desperate to convince these two that he is the man to take the club forward as he'll be like a kid in a sweet shop if we ever go up!

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #261 on: July 22, 2018, 07:05:02 PM »
We tried the Man. City approach in 2016 didn't we?

I know it's always exciting spending big money and signing players particularly strikers but whole club needs to be scrutinised from top to bottom imo.

We need to be better at promoting young players into first team, we need to be better at scouting exciting players in youth team and also abroad as we'll need both as/when we're a premier league club again.
Mind watching Football Italia in the mid 90s, I guess around the time we signed Savo. Udinese at the time we're spending £2m-£3m a season on scouting, a huge amount really. They'd got scouts watching obscure lower league matches in Ecuador and whatnot. Their theory was that since they sold a player for £6m+ every couple of seasons, plus let a few drop down to Serie B sides for a few hundred thousand each, they were easily covering costs and had a top 8 side most seasons that they'd picked up the whole first team for less money than Lazio spent per player.

Thought at the time - and still - that it makes more sense spendimg say £12million/year on the best  scouts, data analysts and youth coaches money can buy, hoovering up the most talented 16-19 year old kids we can find, bringing them through slowly, then at 21/22 either flog them to a team at an appropriate level or play them in the first team - no hoarding, they're either played or moved on so the next batch get their chance. It's a long game and would mean 5-10 years of probably not the best first team, but we're probably in a situation right now where the club could stand the change better thanat any time in the past few years.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #262 on: July 22, 2018, 07:22:20 PM »
We still command a great deal of respect in the football world due to our tradition. If we were seen to come back from the brink by building a progressive young team and not resorting to big money, I think we would win a great deal of support from football supporters in general who are fed up with money ruining the game.
This for me.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #263 on: July 22, 2018, 07:57:15 PM »
This for me.

And me with the caveat that we a) play a decent style of footy and b) treat the domestic cups with respect and play our best team.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 08:00:02 PM by andrew08 »

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #264 on: July 22, 2018, 08:33:27 PM »
As much as I admire the sentiment of slowly building a team and and ethos built on development and sustainability, it is completely unrealistic in the modern game.

Look at the teams that win anything and look how they do it. It is all based on money and having the best players.
Yes I know we can quote Leicester City but that was a complete one off, flukes happen.

I’m sorry, but give me wining stuff in 3 or 5 years time with money being invested rather than playing slowly, slowly catchy monkey.

Once you start winning stuff if it self perpetuating anyway and the financial rewards come with winning.

For me, 3 massive decisions  to be made this week.

1. Do the new owners stick with Bruce.
2. Do the new owners have a plan for the Grealish situation, either way.
3. Who is going to be the new CEO. This is a critical appointment.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #265 on: July 22, 2018, 08:35:14 PM »
If the new owners want to turn the spirit and feelings around the club back in the right direction, with one decisive move, they should find a way to keep Grealish and, to a lesser extent, Chester.

That would be an amazing message to the fans and lift spirits enormously.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #266 on: July 22, 2018, 08:37:50 PM »
Uber from the Elephant to VP is £240 via the M11/M6 so via the bandit country of Peckham £260-70?

That's actually cheaper than I thought. Yet Birmingham airport to bartley green was quoted to me at 60 quid!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #267 on: July 22, 2018, 09:03:48 PM »
Didn't realise Nas and Wes were good friends.

I just assumed Xia or whoever was tasked with finding new investors had found them and asked if they wanted to invest in the club together.

Again can only be good news as was worrying about a Hicks-Gillett style stand off a while down the line. Could still happen I guess but at least they know how each other operates in business.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #268 on: July 22, 2018, 09:22:19 PM »

I just assumed Xia or whoever was tasked with finding new investors had found them and asked if they wanted to invest in the club together.

They obviously have advisors, I'd love to know who was the 'football man' they used to send them in the direction of Villa Park.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #269 on: July 22, 2018, 09:23:56 PM »

They obviously have advisors, I'd love to know who was the 'football man' they used to send them in the direction of Villa Park.

HH obvs

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal