collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 622278 times)

Offline Holy Trinity

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2018, 07:16:16 PM »
This must have been in the pipeline for weeks!

I want a new head coach. A new youth team coach both playing the exact same style with The exact same philosophy so players from the kid through to the first team play exactly the same way! Including formation. I also likr the thought that should the manager leave the youth team manager coukd step in and in turn be replaced as the youth team manager. Constant plan in place from the bottom up with 1 philosophy and 1 direction clearly laid out by the owners.

This could become a reality and I hope it does

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2018, 07:19:21 PM »
From the owner of a basketball team to the owner of a basket case football club.  I'm really, really hoping we've got it right this time.  Anyway, here's to a great season for us all.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2018, 07:25:48 PM »
Serious question: how will we stop irresponsible people at the club going on another player-buying spree to load us up with more ageing players on long-term contracts?

Now that we have arrested the financial problems, I sincerely hope that there will be an injection of intelligence, common sense and some coaching & tactics!

They could get rid of 'em all & bring in some responsible replacements. ;)
That was really the point.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2018, 07:28:56 PM »
No I said we negotiate a settlement and pay it,

And if it's a points deduction? Or we're denied promotion or a spot in the play-offs?
I am pretty sure these people know what they are doing.
There is nothing to stop them discussing the situation now.
If the result of those conversations is a point deduction then we know that they will have to flog the family silver.
I do not believe there has been an FFP points deduction so it would be brave of the league to single us out.
Based on the ( speculative) financial information that is out there, I think it might be impossible to avoid breaching FFP so you could be in the might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb.
Pretty brave (in bold) after all that we’ve seeen from Lerner and Xia.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2018, 07:30:03 PM »
Very excited by this and surely two billionaires are better than one!

The Sawiris are the richest family in Egypt despite being from the minority (and oft discriminated against) Coptic community. Must be savvy business people.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 07:35:15 PM by Brazilian Villain »

Offline Confusious says

« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2018, 07:31:19 PM »
This must have been in the pipeline for weeks!

I want a new head coach. A new youth team coach both playing the exact same style with The exact same philosophy so players from the kid through to the first team play exactly the same way! Including formation. I also likr the thought that should the manager leave the youth team manager coukd step in and in turn be replaced as the youth team manager. Constant plan in place from the bottom up with 1 philosophy and 1 direction clearly laid out by the owners.

This could become a reality and I hope it does

The thing of consistency you are asking for sounds like the Villa Engine!

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2018, 07:32:14 PM »
Be interesting to see who they appoint as CEO. We haven't had much luck in that department for a few years now.
Hopefully they get someone in who knows how to run a football club on a daily basis.
I also reckon that the Doctor wont be around for more than a few more months. I think his co-chairmanship is just a way of helping him save face and as soon as is decently possible the new guys will buy him out.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2018, 07:33:22 PM »
Good to see you again TLP.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2018, 07:34:55 PM »
CAS overturned AC Milan's FFP Europa ban. Villa should appeal as well. Fuck 'em all.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/87791/ac-milans-european-football-ban-ffp-brea

Different rules , however the crux of Milans case was going forward under new ownership they could pay there way ...as can we now

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2018, 07:35:38 PM »
Back to the noses the depression over there is wonderful. From us being skint and on the verge of turning off lights we end up with not one, but two legitimate billionaires.

It ain’t fair Tom

Offline A Northern Soul

• Xxx
  • GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2018, 07:36:03 PM »
I am absolutely thrilled by this. Have high hopes and a naive dream we can still find a way round FFP and keeping JG & JC. My only balancing comment would be this I discovered from the Cairo Post in 2014. May not mean anything other than a business liability pushed to the limit, no idea if or how it was resolved:

CAIRO: Egyptian billionaire businessman Nassef Onsi Sawiris was handed a primary judicial ruling to a three-year sentence and a fine of 50 million EGP (US $6.99 million) for refraining from paying checks to the Egyptian Tax Authority, Al-Ahram quoted Reuters.

Sawiris, the CEO of Orascom Construction Industries Company, is the youngest brother to the two famous tycoons; Naguib and Samih.

Al-Ahram reported that Orascom Company reached a deal with the Egyptian Tax Authority to settle a tax dispute, where the agreement then stipulated that the company pays 7.1 billion EGP in installments.

Although Orascom had already paid two batches worth 2.5 Billion EGP, it didn’t pay the rest of the scheduled installments since the ouster of former President Mohamed Morsi in July 3, 2013.

Nassef Sawiris was ranked the 183th richest person in the world and fourth in Africa in 2014, his net worth was estimated by Forbes to be $7.3 billion.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2018, 07:36:58 PM »
Seeing one of them owns a basketball team, isn't there a lanky streak of piss in the youth team we could sell to them for £40m?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2018, 07:44:19 PM »
I am absolutely thrilled by this. Have high hopes and a naive dream we can still find a way round FFP and keeping JG & JC. My only balancing comment would be this I discovered from the Cairo Post in 2014. May not mean anything other than a business liability pushed to the limit, no idea if or how it was resolved:

CAIRO: Egyptian billionaire businessman Nassef Onsi Sawiris was handed a primary judicial ruling to a three-year sentence and a fine of 50 million EGP (US $6.99 million) for refraining from paying checks to the Egyptian Tax Authority, Al-Ahram quoted Reuters.

Sawiris, the CEO of Orascom Construction Industries Company, is the youngest brother to the two famous tycoons; Naguib and Samih.

Al-Ahram reported that Orascom Company reached a deal with the Egyptian Tax Authority to settle a tax dispute, where the agreement then stipulated that the company pays 7.1 billion EGP in installments.

Although Orascom had already paid two batches worth 2.5 Billion EGP, it didn’t pay the rest of the scheduled installments since the ouster of former President Mohamed Morsi in July 3, 2013.

Nassef Sawiris was ranked the 183th richest person in the world and fourth in Africa in 2014, his net worth was estimated by Forbes to be $7.3 billion.

Someone linked a bloomberg profile earlier and on the bottom of that it makes reference to this so I had a little bit of a dig around and it appears this was overturned on appeal - http://www.oci.nl/investor-relations/news/2014/11/04/oci-wins-tax-case-egypt/

Offline A Northern Soul

• Xxx
  • GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2018, 07:47:23 PM »

Someone linked a bloomberg profile earlier and on the bottom of that it makes reference to this so I had a little bit of a dig around and it appears this was overturned on appeal - http://www.oci.nl/investor-relations/news/2014/11/04/oci-wins-tax-case-egypt/

That reads a lot more positively 👍😇

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2018, 07:49:55 PM »
Welcome.
Question number 1. Is there anyway a solution can be found that prevents us selling our best players?

Not Jack, no. But we don't have to cull the rest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal