collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 668413 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #3495 on: December 07, 2021, 05:45:58 PM »
Wouldn't want us to move, but if we ever did consider it then it would have to be into the city centre.  Was in town the other day and the Dale End area is very grim and could do with flattening really.  Wouldn't be a bad spot given it's close proximity to all the major travel links.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3496 on: December 07, 2021, 05:48:30 PM »
If we're looking to move then surely the perfect location would be Erdington High Street. It might take a few quid to buy out all of the businesses, but it would be a great location. Two train stations, three if you want to walk a bit further to Chester Road. Easy access to the motorway network, and seeing as a lot of our support comes from North Birmingham, it would make getting to and from the match a piece of cake, and it would be a vast improvement on Erdington High Street as it is now. Sorted! (Only joking)

Sutton Park. Massive, loads of parking, some nice pubs as well. And still in Birmingham.
Stop it. You are just trying to further antagonise our small heath brethren.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #3497 on: December 07, 2021, 05:48:39 PM »
LEE B claiming longbridge is a shit hole

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3498 on: December 07, 2021, 05:54:37 PM »
LEE B claiming longbridge is a shit hole

In my defence, I was more referring to getting to and from the place, it's right at the arse tip of Brum and getting there from town always took ages.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3499 on: December 07, 2021, 06:06:22 PM »
We can't, won't and shouldn't move. Yes, the walk to VP isn't like going to Craven Cottage, but when you pass under the flyover after getting off at Aston station, there's no better sight or feeling than seeing the Holte come into view once you turn the corner.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #3500 on: December 07, 2021, 06:14:04 PM »
We can't, won't and shouldn't move. Yes, the walk to VP isn't like going to Craven Cottage, but when you pass under the flyover after getting off at Aston station, there's no better sight or feeling than seeing the Holte come into view once you turn the corner.
There can't be a much better approach to any football ground in the country.Traveling in from the Witton end isn't quite so salubrious as the concrete and glass of the North Stand comes into view. In all seriousness redeveloping the the North Stand is the only viable option right now. Which brings us back to square one. Traffic congestion. I think I may have mentioned this previously. Pages 103,127,198 & 207.

Offline Herman

« Reply #3501 on: December 07, 2021, 06:17:36 PM »
I think what is needed to sort out the travel links is for the club to buy a big helicopter (maybe the biggest helicopter in the world). Every home supporter gets their own parachute. At the end of each game, Villa park could be lifted off magic foundations, flown around Birmingham and its environs, and each supporter could simply parachute out at their chosen location. When everyone is home, the ground could then be flown back to Aston.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #3502 on: December 07, 2021, 06:21:13 PM »
Just leave off the Erdington bashing you lot. On leaving Charlie Hall's on Sunday night, I managed to walk a whole hundred yards without being accosted by a Perla totting maniac, screeching something incoherent into my ear. Bring Villa Park to Six Ways!

Offline Rico

« Reply #3503 on: December 07, 2021, 06:57:46 PM »
I think what is needed to sort out the travel links is for the club to buy a big helicopter (maybe the biggest helicopter in the world). Every home supporter gets their own parachute. At the end of each game, Villa park could be lifted off magic foundations, flown around Birmingham and its environs, and each supporter could simply parachute out at their chosen location. When everyone is home, the ground could then be flown back to Aston.

This is pure genius. Probably the best idea ever. Do we get parachute payments?

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
« Reply #3504 on: December 07, 2021, 07:10:44 PM »
The club should buy a load of Sedan chairs with handles long enough for six fingered hands.  The noses need some employment so there'd be no worries finding people to carry them.  As long as you don't want to go to Sherlock Street after the game it'd work fine.

{alt}

Offline The Edge

« Reply #3505 on: December 07, 2021, 07:17:14 PM »
The club should buy a load of Sedan chairs with handles long enough for six fingered hands.  The noses need some employment so there'd be no worries finding people to carry them.  As long as you don't want to go to Sherlock Street after the game it'd work fine.

{alt}

Nice but who would we get to carry them though? How about those cycle bars you get in Prague? About 12 of you with your own set of pedals each and just cycle to your destination. Environmentally friendly and there's beer. A whole fleet of them lined up outside the ground would be the bees bollocks.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #3506 on: December 07, 2021, 07:38:05 PM »
Indeed. That's what gave me the idea.  The thames one has a capacity of 2,500 people per hour or 30 buses!

I can think of better uses of public or private money than building a fucking cable car to get people to Villa Park.

Cost 60m in the most expensive city in the world. How much would the other options cost?

60m pays for more buses and trains not a bloody antiquated method of transport that’s good for people who want to get up mountains and hills, not so good when you’re trying to transport as many people as possible in short time frames across distance.
Cable cars are an excellent, quick and cheap solutions for city transportation.
Mexico City have used them to good effect to connect the slums back to prosperous centre.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3507 on: December 07, 2021, 07:47:39 PM »

We don't exactly have a happy history with parachutists at VP. ::)  Other than that your plan is sound. :)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3508 on: December 07, 2021, 08:02:38 PM »
Las Vegas Villains set to join the MLS franchise in 2024. Edens company is invested in the LV to LA high speed rail line too. Proper old railroad tycoon in charge of us.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #3509 on: December 07, 2021, 08:11:43 PM »

{alt}

Isn't that how noses presume we travel to and from games already?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal