collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 02:21:16 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 02:17:45 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:58:43 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Champions League Contention by Chris Harte
[Today at 01:28:50 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Ollie Watkins by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:14:04 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 672595 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #3480 on: December 07, 2021, 03:32:14 PM »
I'm not sure anyone would be very impressed if we were to block a new housing development in the current climate. Unless of course we sold Villa Park for the same. That would be quite an address wouldn't it? 1 Villa Park, Trinity Road, Birmingham....

Offline Rico

« Reply #3481 on: December 07, 2021, 03:53:30 PM »
If we're looking to move then surely the perfect location would be Erdington High Street. It might take a few quid to buy out all of the businesses, but it would be a great location. Two train stations, three if you want to walk a bit further to Chester Road. Easy access to the motorway network, and seeing as a lot of our support comes from North Birmingham, it would make getting to and from the match a piece of cake, and it would be a vast improvement on Erdington High Street as it is now. Sorted! (Only joking)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3482 on: December 07, 2021, 03:59:29 PM »
We could buy the Royal Mail Distribution centre... Though the Bartons would get a lot busier.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3483 on: December 07, 2021, 04:18:48 PM »
If we're looking to move then surely the perfect location would be Erdington High Street. It might take a few quid to buy out all of the businesses, but it would be a great location. Two train stations, three if you want to walk a bit further to Chester Road. Easy access to the motorway network, and seeing as a lot of our support comes from North Birmingham, it would make getting to and from the match a piece of cake, and it would be a vast improvement on Erdington High Street as it is now. Sorted! (Only joking)

Sutton Park. Massive, loads of parking, some nice pubs as well. And still in Birmingham.

Offline Rico

« Reply #3484 on: December 07, 2021, 04:52:28 PM »

Sutton Park. Massive, loads of parking, some nice pubs as well. And still in Birmingham.

Offline Rico

« Reply #3485 on: December 07, 2021, 04:53:13 PM »
Excellent Idea!

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #3486 on: December 07, 2021, 05:06:47 PM »
Could have built a new ground on the old longbridge site, but with the one million Birmingham fans that work there,I think it would have been a major problem

Offline LeeB

« Reply #3487 on: December 07, 2021, 05:18:03 PM »
Could have built a new ground on the old longbridge site, but with the one million Birmingham fans that work there,I think it would have been a major problem

And it's a shite part of Brum.

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #3488 on: December 07, 2021, 05:23:04 PM »
I think the solution is staring all the particle physicists in the face - A simple wormhole linking Trinity Road to New St Station.

All people would have to do is step in at either Trinity Road or New St to be instantaneously transported to the other location. Albert Einstein believed in them, so with NSWE's resources they'd be able to easily develop one. And it could be put away when not required.

Care would need to be taken that people passing through arrived at the destination at the same time. If people were able to pass through the New St end of the wormhole at 1.30pm, but arrived at 5.30pm you might think they'd missed the game (for a 3pm game). However, these people could simply return to New St via the wormhole to be back at 1.30pm. It might be an issue if these people then hightail it to Billy Hill's to lump a months wages of a first-goalscorer/Correct score double though. :)

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3489 on: December 07, 2021, 05:24:52 PM »
If we're looking to move then surely the perfect location would be Erdington High Street. It might take a few quid to buy out all of the businesses...

About £20 should do it.

Seeing as they are mostly pound shops now.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #3490 on: December 07, 2021, 05:30:10 PM »
If we're looking to move then surely the perfect location would be Erdington High Street. It might take a few quid to buy out all of the businesses...

About £20 should do it.

It is sad, the hours spent with my Mom and Nan traipsing up and down that High St, a doughnut from Wimbush to keep me sweet.  We literally lived just off it on York Rd, the place had everything you needed.

Offline Rico

« Reply #3491 on: December 07, 2021, 05:34:54 PM »

About £20 should do it.

That much?

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #3492 on: December 07, 2021, 05:39:29 PM »
LeeB,is it heckers like,(please insert some other words like is it f**k)

Offline LeeB

« Reply #3493 on: December 07, 2021, 05:43:11 PM »
LeeB,is it heckers like,(please insert some other words like is it f**k)

Sorry mate, I'm a bit confused. Are you disputing the sadness of the demise of Erdington High St, or me claiming Longbridge is a shite part of Brum?

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #3494 on: December 07, 2021, 05:44:00 PM »
ha ha i love the input on this thread , when we know we won’t move

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal