collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 666737 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #1950 on: March 26, 2021, 12:58:17 PM »
Something that Edens has that Lerner didn't is the knowledge and experience of owning a 'sports franchise' and making it successful. The fact that he's a billionaire in his own right alongside a much wealthier billionaire makes it a completely different prospect. Edens and Sawiris were very quick to start putting into place a good structure. You only have to compare the appointment of Christian Purslow to some of the CEO's that Lerner appointed to see the difference.

There's also the fact that Edens didn't inherit all of his wealth like Lerner did. Edens is a successful businessman who has branched out into sports ownership and made a success of that too. Lerner was a rich kid who wanted a plaything, appointed the wrong people then squandered a big percentage of the family trust money on it.

Offline kippaxvilla2

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1952 on: March 26, 2021, 02:07:29 PM »
Something that Edens has that Lerner didn't is the knowledge and experience of owning a 'sports franchise' and making it successful. The fact that he's a billionaire in his own right alongside a much wealthier billionaire makes it a completely different prospect. Edens and Sawiris were very quick to start putting into place a good structure. You only have to compare the appointment of Christian Purslow to some of the CEO's that Lerner appointed to see the difference.

There's also the fact that Edens didn't inherit all of his wealth like Lerner did. Edens is a successful businessman who has branched out into sports ownership and made a success of that too. Lerner was a rich kid who wanted a plaything, appointed the wrong people then squandered a big percentage of the family trust money on it.

You can see that in the rebuilding of the club's infrastructure too.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #1953 on: March 26, 2021, 02:10:32 PM »
Read the Mail yesterday and was surprised that 1 of the owners (the poorer one) is not worth as much as Lerner when he owned the club.

I'm not sure that will be an issue, as Edens is backed by Fortress Investments which in turn is backed by Softbank.   I think we're in the fortunate position of having owners who have access to levels of genuine investment funding far beyond the figures quoted as their personal wealth. 

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1954 on: March 26, 2021, 03:47:42 PM »
These owners are on another scale of wealth and competence in comparison to Lerner. 

Offline Risso

« Reply #1955 on: March 26, 2021, 03:48:51 PM »
With FFP hopefully going out of the window, I'd love to see us go on a proper Man City style shopping spree this summer.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1956 on: March 26, 2021, 03:53:30 PM »
Who would be our Robinho ?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1957 on: March 26, 2021, 03:54:55 PM »
With FFP hopefully going out of the window, I'd love to see us go on a proper Man City style shopping spree this summer.

I'm sure I'd change my tune once they started shirt stretching, but I honestly wouldn't. Yes, lets get the best we can and push the boat out a bit, but just spunking out on a raft of players would leave any success we have had a little hollow.

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #1958 on: March 26, 2021, 03:59:54 PM »
Obviously having never experienced Villa hoovering up every kid who can trap a ball, I have no idea how I'd really feel about it happening. What I can say is every Villa team/player I've really enjoyed watching has felt like he wanted to be part of the Villa rather than just at a place he could get decent money or medals. So if we can combine avarice with a bit of soul, I'd probably put up with the sour taste.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1959 on: March 26, 2021, 04:06:36 PM »
OOps wrong thread!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1960 on: March 26, 2021, 04:45:59 PM »
Who would be our Robinho ?

Barkley  😊

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1961 on: March 26, 2021, 04:47:15 PM »
Jesus wept....maybe Citeh's Jesus could be our marquee man.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1962 on: March 26, 2021, 04:49:34 PM »
Tbh, if we're going to spend silly money, I'd like 2 dead brilliant wingers

Offline Risso

« Reply #1963 on: March 26, 2021, 04:53:07 PM »

I'm sure I'd change my tune once they started shirt stretching, but I honestly wouldn't. Yes, lets get the best we can and push the boat out a bit, but just spunking out on a raft of players would leave any success we have had a little hollow.

They've spunked a quarter of a billion already, we're not exactly the Corinthian Casuals!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1964 on: March 26, 2021, 04:57:25 PM »

They've spunked a quarter of a billion already, we're not exactly the Corinthian Casuals!

Yeah they really do need to stop Piss pooling about

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal