collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Keith Wyness  (Read 141421 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Keith Wyness
« Reply #1065 on: February 01, 2021, 08:29:40 AM »
Before I watch it, the guy's lying in bed. I do most of my meetings like that, but I don't tell the other person, and I certainly wouldn't broadcast it - is it any good?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1066 on: February 01, 2021, 08:49:37 AM »
What would have happened if we'd gone up in 2018 I wonder? Can't help thinking it would ended in tears one way or another.
I was thinking about that yesterday: best thing not to happen.
Imagine the club management (Xia et al) and Bruce; together in the Premier League sweet shop?!
It would have been a nightmare.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1067 on: February 01, 2021, 09:00:35 AM »
Before I watch it, the guy's lying in bed. I do most of my meetings like that, but I don't tell the other person, and I certainly wouldn't broadcast it - is it any good?

He has Cerebral palsy. His dream is to be a sports journalist so respect to Wyness for giving him an interview. It was good PR for Wyness too.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #1068 on: February 01, 2021, 09:56:41 AM »
Most of the Xia period just saw us doubling down on the mistakes we had been making for the last 10 years in bringing in highly paid and largely aging players in the hope of a short-term fix.  It was never going to be sustainable on a purely financial level to have to constantly recycle the squad with little to no return on players moving out.  Wyness was part of that, and whilst I'm sure he had his hands tied to an extent, an experienced administrator should have realised that we had to find a different path.

I don't think there has ever been a clearer example of a 'Sliding Doors' moment than the Fulham play-off.  Had we won that I dread to think where we might be now, but I suspect it would have involved us being somewhere near the bottom of the Championship, possibly with points deductions and with a squad comprising a mixture of has-beens and youngsters who were not good enough to get a gig elsewhere, and selling off the family silver to make ends meet.  Instead we've got possibly our most exciting team in 25 years with the youngest average age of any team in the Premier League, and a solid structure within the club from bottom to top.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1069 on: February 01, 2021, 10:10:39 AM »
It was abundantly clear sometime before the Play Off final that things were not right financialy and Wynesss knew that or he damn well should have known..

If you disagree with the Chairman you have 2 choices as CEO, you either fall on your sword or you shut up whilst recieving your salary. He chose the latter. I dont wish him any ill but I dont have too much sympathy for him, if you lay down with dogs you get fleas.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 10:15:21 AM by ChicagoLion »

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1070 on: February 01, 2021, 10:20:44 AM »
we would have been in for a whole world of pain if we had won that play off final,  that i do know

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1071 on: February 01, 2021, 10:24:40 AM »
Yeah, that might be the best defeat in our history. Our version of Liverpool's being knocked out of the cup by Worcester.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1072 on: February 01, 2021, 10:28:25 AM »
Thought he was very skillfull in treading between the lines of his confidentially agreement and letting us know something of the truth. He came across well.

I always imagined that Xia was simply the frontman for some shady Chinese investors and nothing Wyeness said dissuaded me of that.

Thanks for posting

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1073 on: February 01, 2021, 10:30:59 AM »
Does not bare thinking about.\ His mates / creditors from China would have been all over it like a rash. Just think what he could have done with PL status and future revenue streams.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1074 on: February 01, 2021, 10:35:31 AM »
we would have been in for a whole world of pain if we had won that play off final,  that i do know

It would have been a struggle for sure but we still would have had Jack, likes of Johnstone and Snodgrass signed permanently and who knows maybe McGinn and Tammy signed that summer. But a lot of that team (Hutton, Terry, Adamoah etc) just weren't top division standard. Not to mention the utter chaos that would have continued behind the scenes.

Wyness is trying to rewrite history a bit. Sure Xia was a complete chancer but as a CEO he left the club effectively insolvent. He was the one who signed off on the ridiculous business the summer RDM came in and Bruce's first Jan where crazy deals like Hogan and Lansbury were authorised. Our turnover/wages ratio must have been off the charts for the duration of his tenure as CEO.

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #1075 on: February 01, 2021, 10:43:00 AM »
Something he said that seemed strange, '19k per week on Hernandez wasn't something we could do in the Championship', That didn't seem particularly extravagent when compared to some of the other reported wages paid?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1076 on: February 01, 2021, 10:48:22 AM »
Something he said that seemed strange, '19k per week on Hernandez wasn't something we could do in the Championship', That didn't seem particularly extravagent when compared to some of the other reported wages paid?

I think that was the agent fee.

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #1077 on: February 01, 2021, 10:48:24 AM »
I heard it as 90k per week

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #1078 on: February 01, 2021, 10:52:02 AM »
I heard it as 90k per week

That might explain it......

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1079 on: February 01, 2021, 10:58:21 AM »
Comes across very well in that interview, mind you, there's always two sides to a story but I'm happy to believe Wyness about McCormack without question.
If we'd won that Play Off Final in 2018 we'd have come straight down again without any question, the financial ramifications aren't worth even thinking about, we probably wouldn't exist.

I'd be interested to hear his story about John Terry, how we landed him as a player, his contract end & subsequent return as a coach.

Old shit shoes and his wingdings emoji Twitter, what a way to run a football club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal