collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Keith Wyness  (Read 141384 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Keith Wyness
« Reply #1095 on: February 01, 2021, 06:46:19 PM »
I don't think we were too soft, I think we were unfit and mentally unprepared to have to fight for the points. BVruce gave us that fight but never addressed the fitness issue in all the time he was with us. By bringing the average age of the squad down and focusing on players with a great attitude towards putting the work in during training Smith has completely turned it round and we're now one of the fittest teams in the country.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1096 on: February 01, 2021, 06:59:28 PM »
I don't think we were too soft, I think we were unfit and mentally unprepared to have to fight for the points. BVruce gave us that fight but never addressed the fitness issue in all the time he was with us. By bringing the average age of the squad down and focusing on players with a great attitude towards putting the work in during training Smith has completely turned it round and we're now one of the fittest teams in the country.
And fitness was definitely an issue last season, before the lockdown.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1097 on: February 01, 2021, 08:10:14 PM »
And fitness was definitely an issue last season, before the lockdown.

Last season I think it was in no smal lpart because the summer was so disrupted by signings that we just couldn't get everyone to the level we needed.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1098 on: February 01, 2021, 10:20:06 PM »
I would back Wyness and Bruce to some extent despite each of their limitations. Xia was an out and out smoke and mirrors conman.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1099 on: February 01, 2021, 10:52:14 PM »
Interesting interview with Keith Wyness by Villa Vlogger Jude's Journey

&ab_channel=Jude%27sJourney
Not subbing Whelan was always going to be the end for Bruce.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1100 on: February 01, 2021, 11:02:55 PM »
The only other thing I would say about the situation is that Wyness knew what was happening and much of it could be viewed as not exactly kosher.  Why did he not speak out at the time.  He has impeached  himself by remaining in his position throughout. 

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #1101 on: February 01, 2021, 11:37:10 PM »
The only other thing I would say about the situation is that Wyness knew what was happening and much of it could be viewed as not exactly kosher.  Why did he not speak out at the time.  He has impeached  himself by remaining in his position throughout.

It's called taking the money and run

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1102 on: February 02, 2021, 01:09:18 AM »
Problem for Di Matteo is the Preston performance was so bad. I was there and we went two down within 15 minutes and barely had a shot despite having about 4 strikers on the pitch at the end.

We were also lucky to get the point off Newcastle the previous week. They looked the top 2 side, we looked set for mid table which happened.

Ultimately we just had a losing culture for years that didn't just stop with relegation and been loads of other relegated prem sides who've had that problem. Finally got going end of the season before ultimately failing the next year.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1103 on: February 02, 2021, 01:39:15 AM »
Interesting interview with Keith Wyness by Villa Vlogger Jude's Journey

&ab_channel=Jude%27sJourney
Not subbing Whelan was always going to be the end for Bruce.

Makes Glenn a double legend then...not getting substituted & missing the penalty! Whellllllo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal