collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Arsenal v Abysmal Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 28582 times)

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Arsenal v Abysmal Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2016, 12:15:43 AM »
Just seen the goals on MotD. Fuck me. I would have scored Giroud's first and third goals - he hardly had to move and he was in 10 yards of space, because our clowns were ball watching. We made it so easy for him.

I dunno about the Championship, we would struggle to beat a half decent pub team defending like that.

Richards looked at fault for 2 of them. Charlatan walking around the pitch wearing the captains armband. Carlos Sanchez looked laughably shit too on the highlights

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2016, 02:47:31 AM »
Another unwanted record for our club in this season of hell. We have been in front in a match for just 243 minutes in the whole of the season which is a new Premier league record by all accounts .Well done Randolph

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2016, 06:23:22 AM »
The whole set up at Villa is a total shambles and unless we are sold sharpish any thoughts of an immediate return are way off the mark.
We have moaned all season and quite rightly at the likes of Gabby, Richards,Richardson, Lescott, Guzan, Batcunatwat, but then you have Cissokho, Westwood, Sanchez, Sinclair, Hutton, Gestede, Bunn, I would also lump Veretout, Gana into that lot as well, who although they try are just not very good footballers, this team has won three games all season for gods sake, managed to get 17 points, have a goal difference of -49, I saw relegation to the third division as was then and the club has the same stench of disorganization now.
One point about the Geordie nation today, If I supported them I would be well pissed off, relegated and they beat the team that started the day 2nd, go down to 10 men and win, and win by 5-1, at least these wankers we have a Villa park have proved under 3 managers how crap are manager choices have been and how crap they are at the game they get paid for playing. Wankers everyone of them.

Offline peter w

« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2016, 06:44:37 AM »
After the first i thought we competed excellently. We were still playing against a very good team and defended well until the second went in. Bunn was too slow off his line for the third - I was in ilne - ish - with Bunn and the line held by the defence was a good one and when giroud went through if Bunn had have come out straight away he would have got there easily. He stood waiting for a flg until it was too late. the final one was an unfortunate own goal after a great save from Bunn.

A couple of chances - Ayew should have done better when it was 1-0 and he squared it when the shot was on - but nothing more. Jack looked composed when he came on but to be fair 4-0 was harsh but hey ho. Thank God this has finished.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2016, 06:51:06 AM »
Peter W , I think it was the third goal, Giroud broke through the line was not held well, I think it was Toner who dropped back and played Giroud on, he will learn but he dropped back without need.
I also had the impression that Arsenal could have moved through the gears at any time and just blown us away.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2016, 07:15:39 AM »
Sounds to me just like the cup final, if they would have wanted it, they could have had 6 or 7

Thankfully it is all over, I just hope that if there are new owners on the horizon, that they give us some hope for the future. If Mr Lerner stays in charge, we will be struggling to stay up next season.

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2016, 07:23:21 AM »
It's probably been said before but the Villa fans were fantastic yesterday. I was in amongst the Arsenal fans in the clock end & they kept complimenting the Villa fans. Mind you they would as we rolled over for them to get second spot!,,

Offline peter w

« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2016, 08:20:03 AM »
Yeah I was in with the Arsenal fans and they congratulated me non-stop about the support and how many we take away. made me feel about patronised to be honest. Great support usually means that you're a plucky little club with no axe to grind. Although i do think that the words were more honest about why we were supporting the club the way we were and not just a pat on the head to the little club. But I wonder how nice the Arsenal fans would have been had Tottenham not fecked it up as they were then in party mode.

Had tottenham drawn at the very least the songs would have turned to Arsenal and they would have been less inclined to congratulate us. Anyway, lets get back to supporting our team and not just our club. I want to go there again and be remembered for the 11 on the pitch, win lose or draw, and not the thousands watching on.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2016, 08:25:00 AM »
Another unwanted record for our club in this season of hell. We have been in front in a match for just 243 minutes in the whole of the season which is a new Premier league record by all accounts .Well done Randolph

Yes the 'custodian' has done a marvellous job.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2016, 08:27:13 AM »
Disgusting.

I hope the team coach drives off a cliff on the way home.
The coach driver would have to be as inept as the everyone else associated with the club to to get so lost as to find a cliff between London and Birmingham. But I'm sure they could find one bad enough.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2016, 09:07:38 AM »
Now that's over and done with, f-ck off Lerner, black, Reilly, Richards lescott, nzogbia, bacuna, guzan, richardson, gabby etc etc...f-ck off asap!!!!!
On a separate issue the arses jerking themselves off on finishing 2nd to Leicester is funny;the sad cockney b-st-rds. Not winning the EPL this season of all seasons is embarrassing and indicates many barren years ahead for them.
UTV VTID

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2016, 09:15:45 AM »
So 2 wins in our last 37 games and none in the last 14.

I think the club's lowering of expectations reached a new nadir when Black basically claimed the players had restored some pride by finishing the season with 1 point from 3 games (from a 0-0 draw at home to another relegated side) and two defeats (a 4-0 pasting and an injury time loss to an out-of-form team with nothing to play for).

Most people have concentrated on attitude this season, but make no mistake - the quality is woefully lacking too and these players with pathetic performance stats are not about to 'rip up' the Championship.

Time to start enjoying weekends again for a few months at least.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 09:17:24 AM by Olof's Beard »

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2016, 09:25:26 AM »
It's probably been said before but the Villa fans were fantastic yesterday. I was in amongst the Arsenal fans in the clock end & they kept complimenting the Villa fans. Mind you they would as we rolled over for them to get second spot!,,

Villa fans were brilliant as ever - the perfect mix of arrogant defiance and self deprecating humour. Arsenal fans couldn't take the piss out of us any more than we were doing to ourselves and several Arsenal fans in the pub (Faltering Fullback) afterwards were very impressed by our support. Another great Villa away day. Fuck the players, fuck the manager, the owner and his military houseboy, the fans are the beating heart of Villa.     

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2016, 09:39:58 AM »
For people who were at the game was there trouble with stewards? I've just seen someone say they were punched in the face

I saw one pissed up bloke asked to leave.

the stewards could have clamped down on the inflatables and conga if they'd wanted to but, from what I saw, they just let the Villa fans get on with the gallows humour.

One of the women who runs the 'Fight Like Lions' group on Facebook has posted that she got involved in a fracas between stewards and some pissed up blokes and one of the stewards accidentally punched her in the face and she's lost a tooth!

I am not sure what stewards are doing throwing punches though!

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2016, 10:27:26 AM »
One steward came up to my mate during the second half and had a chat about electronic cigarettes being banned in grounds, even though he doesn't smoke and no-one around us was using one either. It was a bit bizarre.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal