collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Arsenal v Abysmal Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 28459 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Arsenal v Abysmal Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2016, 10:36:35 AM »
One steward came up to my mate during the second half and had a chat about electronic cigarettes being banned in grounds, even though he doesn't smoke and no-one around us was using one either. It was a bit bizarre.

Sounds like your mate has a new friend...

Offline peter w

« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2016, 10:49:09 AM »
Now that's over and done with, f-ck off Lerner, black, Reilly, Richards lescott, nzogbia, bacuna, guzan, richardson, gabby etc etc...f-ck off asap!!!!!
On a separate issue the arses jerking themselves off on finishing 2nd to Leicester is funny;the sad cockney b-st-rds. Not winning the EPL this season of all seasons is embarrassing and indicates many barren years ahead for them.
UTV VTID

It was more about finishing above Tottenham to be fair and the atmospher i n their end was good because of it:

"You've done it agaaaaaain
Tottenham Hotspur you've done it again"

I thought was particularly funny.

They enjoyed laughing at their rivals having their best season since 60-61 and still end up finishing behind Arsenal. As football fans we can all appreciate the one-upmanship of rivalry.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2016, 12:13:06 PM »
Support was fantastic again, but as Dave W states in his article, what I want most of all from now on, is to have a team that deserves the support so we can talk about them the team, the performance, how they got the support going because of their inspired performance, just hope that is not to much to ask for.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2016, 02:34:21 PM »
It's probably been said before but the Villa fans were fantastic yesterday. I was in amongst the Arsenal fans in the clock end & they kept complimenting the Villa fans. Mind you they would as we rolled over for them to get second spot!,,

Villa fans were brilliant as ever - the perfect mix of arrogant defiance and self deprecating humour. Arsenal fans couldn't take the piss out of us any more than we were doing to ourselves and several Arsenal fans in the pub (Faltering Fullback) afterwards were very impressed by our support. Another great Villa away day. Fuck the players, fuck the manager, the owner and his military houseboy, the fans are the beating heart of Villa.     

As we said to a couple of Arsenal fans in the pub, there was no hope so no need to get angry with the players, just try to enjoy the afternoon and show our love for the club. Good support again yesterday (though i hated the cheering of Arsenal's goals) but if we don't start next season well I think that things could get edgy again very quickly.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2016, 04:45:46 PM »
I didn't join in with the cheering of their goals. Seeing us concede is still like a punch to the guts no matter the context. Or regularity.

Offline ez

« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2016, 08:44:04 PM »
Poor form for the villa players not to come over to the fans and celebrate getting the corners with us.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2016, 09:37:33 PM »
Three excellent corners won including two consecutively and we didn't concede from any of them can't ask for more.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2016, 09:43:10 PM »
Football fans are born pessimists all over. The Gooners around me were fretting  us equalising with comments like "It's be just like Arsenal to not beat the Villa now that Spurs are losing" comments. But then they were gifted with  Richards coming on and an easy cruise to final whistle.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2016, 10:55:55 PM »
Had the pleasure of sitting above the Villa fans in some Arsenal club thingy. 

Their fans are so frustrated.  When we got some sort of foothold to stready the ship after their first goal, all you could hear was 'shoot!' & 'take a bloody shot!'.  As mentioned above they were more worked up in Spurs' demise than their own performance.  A Blues like fixation.

Not a hospitality fan normally, but have to say it was really well organised.  If we have a benchmark for a few years time, this has to be it.

Great 'love in' around Covent Garden well into the night.  Shared beers with Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs, Sunderland, Watford & Grimsby.  All were sorry to see us go, & had lots of respect for the conduct & tolerance of us fans through so much shit.  And they all think we'll be straight back up.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2016, 07:22:56 PM »
One steward came up to my mate during the second half and had a chat about electronic cigarettes being banned in grounds, even though he doesn't smoke and no-one around us was using one either. It was a bit bizarre.
Am I REALLY your Buddy?? (and if you've seen "Cable Guy" you'll know what I mean.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal