collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 09:25:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:22:28 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:21:03 AM]

Lucas Digne - Signed by VillaTim
[Today at 09:18:49 AM]

Champions League Contention by rob_bridge
[Today at 09:13:41 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by Astnor
[Today at 09:04:02 AM]

Diego Carlos by rougegorge
[Today at 08:59:15 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Drummond
[Today at 08:55:54 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Arsenal v Abysmal Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 28590 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Arsenal v Abysmal Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2016, 08:36:39 PM »
There are so many things to be put right with this club.  Injured players to heal, pre-season to be co-ordinated, players to be released, bought etc.  No-one in charge to oversee it. The new Manager is going to come in to a right proper mess.  He'll also probably find Paddy Riley sitting in his office on Fifa 16, looking through statistics to see who me might sign!!  What a shambles the club has become.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2016, 08:45:35 PM »
Did we replace our chief German and Iberian scouts when we found out they were a surfer dude the other side of the world and a kid at school?

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2016, 08:57:47 PM »
We have no idea what the close season will bring, either good or bad. We have no idea what next season will bring either. The only thing that has struck me since I  started taking notice of such things a few months back is that standards in the championship are not high.

How did Newcastle suddenly become Europe's third best team on the strength of one result? They still have Ashley running the place, so either a) it is possible for a shit owner to make an inspired managerial appointment given enough attempts, and the rest is easy or b) they are still just as shit this week as they were 7 days ago and are no more likely to prosper than us.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2016, 08:58:06 PM »
Did we replace our chief German and Iberian scouts when we found out they were a surfer dude the other side of the world and a kid at school?

I think we promoted them

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2016, 09:04:49 PM »
looking at us today, you know when you get a team from a league or three below playing a high placed prem club and they look outclassed and go down 3 or 4 nill

Villa arnt even like that they are worse,
 even the lower league club have a go, they cause a few problems here and there, they bust a gut , they create some chances
Villa don't, they are just fucking useless,

They go a whole games after games without having a half decent chance of busting the net,
It's clueless stuff, it beggars belief, everything they conspire to do breaks down because they are so crap at playing football

They are a shower of unremitting shit, an embarrassment that do not belong on the same field as other professional footballers

I was proud to be among the Villa fans today, they are quality and that will remain no matter what league we play in
But the team is the worst I've seen in my lifetime, and my first match was in the old 3rd division

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2016, 09:48:24 PM »
I bet the likes of Rotherham, Wigan, Burton, Huddersfield etc are terrified at the prospect of having to play Villa twice next season.
Yes the Directors will be worried how they can afford all the scoring and win bonuses they will have to pay out.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2016, 09:50:10 PM »
Didn't Jolean, Micah and Leo throw their shirts to the fans at the end???? No???

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2016, 10:00:58 PM »
For people who were at the game was there trouble with stewards? I've just seen someone say they were punched in the face

Offline supertom

« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2016, 10:04:21 PM »
There are so many things to be put right with this club.  Injured players to heal, pre-season to be co-ordinated, players to be released, bought etc.  No-one in charge to oversee it. The new Manager is going to come in to a right proper mess.  He'll also probably find Paddy Riley sitting in his office on Fifa 16, looking through statistics to see who me might sign!!  What a shambles the club has become.
I kind of envision Pearson walking into the club in something akin to that scene in The Terminator where Arnie blitzes through a police station. Maybe I've watched too many games this season.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2016, 10:44:42 PM »
We travel forward into next season more in hope than expectation but it can be done. Surely we couldn't be any worse from top to bottom as a club if we tried ?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2016, 10:49:34 PM »
For people who were at the game was there trouble with stewards? I've just seen someone say they were punched in the face

I saw one pissed up bloke asked to leave.

the stewards could have clamped down on the inflatables and conga if they'd wanted to but, from what I saw, they just let the Villa fans get on with the gallows humour.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2016, 11:07:07 PM »

I saw one pissed up bloke asked to leave.

the stewards could have clamped down on the inflatables and conga if they'd wanted to but, from what I saw, they just let the Villa fans get on with the gallows humour.

Stewards were generally ok. There were signs in the away end warning that there were no inflatables allowed - because they are obviously highly dangerous - and no beer on sale either.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2016, 11:13:30 PM »
I kind of envision Pearson walking into the club in something akin to that scene in The Terminator where Arnie blitzes through a police station. Maybe I've watched too many games this season.

We can but hope.

Offline DaveD

• Twitter
  • GM : 26.12.2015
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2016, 11:40:48 PM »
Just seen the goals on MotD. Fuck me. I would have scored Giroud's first and third goals - he hardly had to move and he was in 10 yards of space, because our clowns were ball watching. We made it so easy for him.

I dunno about the Championship, we would struggle to beat a half decent pub team defending like that.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2016, 12:10:17 AM »
We can't compete with the Dog and Ducks of this world.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal