collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101259 times)

Offline mike

Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #735 on: July 25, 2016, 04:06:39 PM »
So to amalgamate the political correctness issues within this thread, it seems Stan has used the depression card to get people to forget he gave a bit of a slap to a bird who was probably asking for it.

Offline mike

« Reply #736 on: July 25, 2016, 04:09:01 PM »
I'm not defending the Ulrika thing but he slapped her and paid ever since. He'll regret it every day but no one crucifies Gazza for hitting Cheryl

It was more than a slap. She was punched and kicked in the head. He's a charmer our Stan...

It is called 'social construction'.  Put a picture on the front of a newspaper and many of those who read it, believe it word for word. He hit her, unforgivable, but there are two sides to a story. You weren't there, neither was I, but you have such a vivid sense of blame when you do not know the whole story.

It's called battery. With or without condescending year 1 Open University Humanities subject matter.

Wrong course, proves how little you know.  I am not defending him either. I deal with domestic violence every day in my job and it is not a one way street. 

Quite right, often the stupid bird is asking for a good slap. I mean a man can only take so much.

Disgraceful remark !!!

Buy a dictionary, go to the words beginning with I, towards the end you will find irony. I am a card carrying feminist who has worked with victims of abuse for many years. There is no excuse to hit your partner and it is wrong to minimise it  by saying it was just a slap.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #737 on: July 25, 2016, 04:12:11 PM »
I'm not defending the Ulrika thing but he slapped her and paid ever since. He'll regret it every day but no one crucifies Gazza for hitting Cheryl

It was more than a slap. She was punched and kicked in the head. He's a charmer our Stan...

It is called 'social construction'.  Put a picture on the front of a newspaper and many of those who read it, believe it word for word. He hit her, unforgivable, but there are two sides to a story. You weren't there, neither was I, but you have such a vivid sense of blame when you do not know the whole story.

It's called battery. With or without condescending year 1 Open University Humanities subject matter.

Wrong course, proves how little you know.  I am not defending him either. I deal with domestic violence every day in my job and it is not a one way street. 

Quite right, often the stupid bird is asking for a good slap. I mean a man can only take so much.

Disgraceful remark !!!

Buy a dictionary, go to the words beginning with I, towards the end you will find irony. I am a card carrying feminist who has worked with victims of abuse for many years. There is no excuse to hit your partner and it is wrong to minimise it  by saying it was just a slap.

Thats not how the post read ....but at least you have clarified

Offline mike

« Reply #738 on: July 25, 2016, 04:18:19 PM »

Disgraceful remark !!!

Thats not how the post read ....but at least you have clarified

I don't think there are many people, even if they are stupid enough to hold the view I was parodying, who would be stupid enough to actually say it on a forum as civilised as this one. Are you related to Father Stone? Joke!!!

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #739 on: July 25, 2016, 04:27:57 PM »
Jesus, we really need some transfer action. I thought there must have been something happening here judging by the amount of posts, but no, Stan slapped his bird again....yawn.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #740 on: July 25, 2016, 05:00:30 PM »
Jesus, we really need some transfer action. I thought there must have been something happening here judging by the amount of posts, but no, Stan slapped his bird again....yawn.
not again, it's the same slap, apparently.
There has also been a sense of humour fail, apparently.

Offline peter w

« Reply #741 on: July 25, 2016, 05:19:03 PM »

Which can be if not explained by his illness but be caused by his illness. Depression can make the sufferer feel a range of debilitating emotions on the same violent timeline from irrational irritability, through to deep rooted hatred, to violent outbursts. It doesn't need to be caused by what the sufferer sees somebody else see or do (Ulrika chatting to Ally McCoist) but the inability to deal with the internal emotions that have no bearing on the outside world and what is happening at any given time.

just to think you could explain it as some bloke hitting some women, is doing yourself and every sufferer of the illness an injustice. it also shows your ignorance of the illness.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:03:11 PM by peter w »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #742 on: July 25, 2016, 05:24:44 PM »

Which can be if not explained by his illness be caused because of his illness. Depression can make the sufferer feel a range of debilitating emotions on the same violent timeline from irrational irritability, through to deep rooted hatred, to violent outbursts. It doesn't need to be caused by what the sufferer sees somebody else see or do (Ulrika chatting to Ally McCoist) but the inability to deal with the internal emotions that have no bearing on the outside world and what is happening at any given time.

just to think you could explain it as some bloke is hitting some women is doing yourself and every sufferer of the illness an injustice. it also shows your ignorance of the illness.
why didn't he twat Ally McCoist?

Offline peter w

« Reply #743 on: July 25, 2016, 05:29:15 PM »

Which can be if not explained by his illness be caused because of his illness. Depression can make the sufferer feel a range of debilitating emotions on the same violent timeline from irrational irritability, through to deep rooted hatred, to violent outbursts. It doesn't need to be caused by what the sufferer sees somebody else see or do (Ulrika chatting to Ally McCoist) but the inability to deal with the internal emotions that have no bearing on the outside world and what is happening at any given time.

just to think you could explain it as some bloke is hitting some women is doing yourself and every sufferer of the illness an injustice. it also shows your ignorance of the illness.

because the anger or rage isn't necessarily directed with forethought anywhere. It's the rage that comes first and the inability to cope with it that comes second. third comes lashing out at the first person who provokes that rage, even if they aren't aware of it. It's a mental issue so you cannot apply logic and rationale to it.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #744 on: July 25, 2016, 05:36:15 PM »

because the anger or rage isn't necessarily directed with forethought anywhere. It's the rage that comes first and the inability to cope with it that comes second. third comes lashing out at the first person who provokes that rage, even if they aren't aware of it. It's a mental issue so you cannot apply logic and rationale to it.
Thanks Peter, it just seems like a missed opportunity. :) ;)

Offline peter w

« Reply #745 on: July 25, 2016, 05:37:16 PM »
Well there is that.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #746 on: July 25, 2016, 06:14:49 PM »

That last paragraph doesn't even make any sense.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #747 on: July 25, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »

Christ I'm going to have to lie down, I'm agreeing with peter w.

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #748 on: July 25, 2016, 06:35:53 PM »

That last paragraph doesn't even make any sense.

It makes perfect sense, whether you agree with it is up to the individual .

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #749 on: July 25, 2016, 07:15:16 PM »
Just one more point and I promise I'll not comment on this thread again. How do you shoehorn into your mitigation the fact that Stan was drinking at the time of the incident?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 07:27:20 PM by Stirchley Villain »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal