collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 02:17:45 AM]

Diego Carlos by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:11:12 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:58:43 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Champions League Contention by Chris Harte
[Today at 01:28:50 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Ollie Watkins by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:14:04 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101113 times)

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #765 on: July 26, 2016, 05:53:47 PM »
Well unless every landlord has a psychology degree or is a behaviourist then I think other than pulling pints their opinion hardly counts.
Come on, you know as well as I do "that I heard it from a bloke down the pub" is gospel and can not be challenged.
So a landlord that is in the pub all the time must be, the font of all knowledge.
Cheers!

That's so obviously bollocks.

I've got a wife and a teenager that both claim they know more than Google.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #766 on: July 26, 2016, 05:57:50 PM »
Well unless every landlord has a psychology degree or is a behaviourist then I think other than pulling pints their opinion hardly counts.
Come on, you know as well as I do "that I heard it from a bloke down the pub" is gospel and can not be challenged.
So a landlord that is in the pub all the time must be, the font of all knowledge.
Cheers!

That's so obviously bollocks.

I've got a wife and a teenager that both claim they know more than Google.
is google a landlord ? If so definitely bollocks.

Offline peter w

« Reply #767 on: July 27, 2016, 06:01:34 AM »
Hmmm, having known a few people suffering from depression i'm not sure violence to others is part of most people's symptons and they wouldn't be too pleased to think others thought that they would suddenly attack them at the drop of the hat with or without alcohol.  Getting a serious illness whether that be depression or cancer etc., is non-discriminatory so it tends to happen to as many assholes as nice people and in SVC's case  i'd say the illness only amplified his actions not created them.

Depends on the level of their depression. As I said it will range from a mild irritability to a full on rage that is nigh on impossible to control. It is the illness that is in control and not the individual.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #768 on: July 27, 2016, 09:00:43 AM »
Hmmm, having known a few people suffering from depression i'm not sure violence to others is part of most people's symptons and they wouldn't be too pleased to think others thought that they would suddenly attack them at the drop of the hat with or without alcohol.  Getting a serious illness whether that be depression or cancer etc., is non-discriminatory so it tends to happen to as many assholes as nice people and in SVC's case  i'd say the illness only amplified his actions not created them.
It definitely can be for sure. I've seen it.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #769 on: July 28, 2016, 08:43:01 PM »

Depends on the level of their depression. As I said it will range from a mild irritability to a full on rage that is nigh on impossible to control. It is the illness that is in control and not the individual.

Don't agree. I have a friend on full strength meds and they're not aggressive, before or after the meds. Likewise others i know who suffered from it. A lot of people remain nice and pleasant albeit fragile individuals and the only people they beat up is themselves mentally. You wouldn't say a person is nice because the depression controls them, so likewise i think claiming it controls all people who behave badly is a bit of a stretch. Personally i don't think SVC's problems have much to do with his depression but more the equally common condition of being a sociopath. He certainly ticks a lot of the boxes
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:54:52 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #770 on: July 28, 2016, 09:22:32 PM »

That is such a simplistic thing to say. Lots of people are monumentally depressed and entirely non violent.

Randomly violently attacking people is behaviour which sometimes - sometimes - mentally ill people engage in. Depression is a mental illness. You can't just lazily link the two like you have.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #771 on: July 29, 2016, 12:03:05 AM »
Why does collymore never really mention he played for Leicester ! As they win the league thought he may have said more is it coz of his forest love.

Offline peter w

« Reply #772 on: July 31, 2016, 12:06:27 AM »

That is such a simplistic thing to say. Lots of people are monumentally depressed and entirely non violent.

Randomly violently attacking people is behaviour which sometimes - sometimes - mentally ill people engage in. Depression is a mental illness. You can't just lazily link the two like you have.

That's missing my point. The sufferer doesn't need to become violent; that impulse may show itself as being mild irritability. The catalyst is the inability to deal with whatever it is that has triggered that part of their condition and the inability to control it. For some it may become a violent outburst for others it won't. Not all sufferers have the same level of depression or symptoms that make up their depression.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #773 on: July 31, 2016, 01:54:01 AM »
Why does collymore never really mention he played for Leicester ! As they win the league thought he may have said more is it coz of his forest love.
I heard him on Talksport bring up Leicester on many occasions if MON was ever mentioned during conversation. But with Villa being relegated in the same season as Leicester winning it has probably dampened any chit chat about the glorious 11 games he had there.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #774 on: July 31, 2016, 09:03:04 AM »
I heard him on Talksport bring up Leicester on many occasions if MON was ever mentioned during conversation. But with Villa being relegated in the same season as Leicester winning it has probably dampened any chit chat about the glorious 11 games he had there.

Ok. Good point

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #775 on: July 31, 2016, 05:39:17 PM »

That's missing my point. The sufferer doesn't need to become violent; that impulse may show itself as being mild irritability. The catalyst is the inability to deal with whatever it is that has triggered that part of their condition and the inability to control it. For some it may become a violent outburst for others it won't. Not all sufferers have the same level of depression or symptoms that make up their depression.

If you want the stats then people experiencing mental health problems are twice as likely to experience violence against them than the general public - if you look at young men under 25 it id four times more likely. So if you have depression it is you that gets the kicking...

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #776 on: July 31, 2016, 08:17:46 PM »

If you want the stats then people experiencing mental health problems are twice as likely to experience violence against them than the general public - if you look at young men under 25 it id four times more likely. So if you have depression it is you that gets the kicking...

Yeah Victor is obviously a wanton thug, and is up before the beak every month,

sorry but Stan lashed out at a woman and yes not really the thing to do. But if all these arguments go back to that, then I think the accusers need to do a bit more digging to discredit him.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #777 on: July 31, 2016, 08:22:14 PM »
All I know is that Stanley Victor Collymore does not warrant 50 odd pages of our interest.

Whatever his issues, likes/dislikes he remains a self publicist and an annoying one at that. 

Saying that the Baggies so called celebs are no better and probably even more annoying.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #778 on: February 11, 2017, 11:56:55 PM »
Stan has had a go at the Doctor on Twitter tonight then apologised.  Of course The Meaning Evil are all over it.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #779 on: February 11, 2017, 11:59:15 PM »
"Anyone can spend para payments in an excited orgy of naivety. Lets see the real colour of the money in summer. When nobody wants to come.

Hope theres a lesson for a few people at AVFC Less naivety, less “we are good on paper”, less bull****, less tweeting. Absolute garbage."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 12:01:30 AM by kippaxvilla2 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal