collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101142 times)

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #720 on: July 24, 2016, 10:47:32 PM »
I'm not defending the Ulrika thing but he slapped her and paid ever since. He'll regret it every day but no one crucifies Gazza for hitting Cheryl

It was more than a slap. She was punched and kicked in the head. He's a charmer our Stan...

It is called 'social construction'.  Put a picture on the front of a newspaper and many of those who read it, believe it word for word. He hit her, unforgivable, but there are two sides to a story. You weren't there, neither was I, but you have such a vivid sense of blame when you do not know the whole story.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #721 on: July 24, 2016, 10:50:31 PM »
Don't start feeling sorry for Collymore, he has made  enough money out of the game to simply sit there and doss the rest of his life in comfort. 

If you or me had put in the same level of performance on and off the pitch as he has achieved and shown, we would have been out of the door, living in a cardboard box  made on behalf of Aldi.

What a complete load of bollocks. You can disagree with his views or simply not like him but to suggest for one second he hasn't put in the work or dismiss that he hasn't achieved anything inside or outside the game is utter nonsense.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #722 on: July 24, 2016, 10:57:02 PM »
I'm not defending the Ulrika thing but he slapped her and paid ever since. He'll regret it every day but no one crucifies Gazza for hitting Cheryl

It was more than a slap. She was punched and kicked in the head. He's a charmer our Stan...

It is called 'social construction'.  Put a picture on the front of a newspaper and many of those who read it, believe it word for word. He hit her, unforgivable, but there are two sides to a story. You weren't there, neither was I, but you have such a vivid sense of blame when you do not know the whole story.

It's called battery. With or without condescending year 1 Open University Humanities subject matter.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #723 on: July 24, 2016, 11:03:37 PM »
He said on his show that it was a slap and was exaggerated by the media

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #724 on: July 24, 2016, 11:08:32 PM »
He was completely wrong for what he did. No two ways about it. But for how long is that going held against him? Gazza is a great contrasting example who has had so many indiscretions by comparison yet is revered by the media. I do wonder if Villa fans who continue to criticize him  for that him would do so if he had a better career with us? Or would it be conveniently segregated from the discussion about his place in the clubs history?

« Reply #725 on: July 24, 2016, 11:16:09 PM »
Conversely I'm consistently amazed by the lengths people will go to on this site to defend him just because he once wore a claret and blue shirt. 

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #726 on: July 24, 2016, 11:18:43 PM »
Conversely I'm consistently amazed by the lengths people will go to on this site to defend him just because he once wore a claret and blue shirt. 

I've yet to see anyone defend his actions entirely. It all comes with caveats. Some people like him on the radio but nobody says he's the best at it or that they agree with everything he says. Some people found him a very good player but most would say he never performed to that level with us. And nobody has ever defended his actions with Ulrika. Nobody.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #727 on: July 24, 2016, 11:23:25 PM »

It's called battery. With or without condescending year 1 Open University Humanities subject matter.

Wrong course, proves how little you know.  I am not defending him either. I deal with domestic violence every day in my job and it is not a one way street. 

« Reply #728 on: July 24, 2016, 11:27:32 PM »

Wrong course, proves how little you know.  I am not defending him either. I deal with domestic violence every day in my job and it is not a one way street.

It certainly was in the course when I did it, so it shows how little you know my friend.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #729 on: July 24, 2016, 11:29:22 PM »
If you two want to argue about who knows more about the subject do it either privately or somewhere else.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #730 on: July 25, 2016, 07:22:19 AM »

I've yet to see anyone defend his actions entirely. It all comes with caveats. Some people like him on the radio but nobody says he's the best at it or that they agree with everything he says. Some people found him a very good player but most would say he never performed to that level with us. And nobody has ever defended his actions with Ulrika. Nobody.

That's where I am as well. I didn't like what I read of his book very much and I don't always agree with what he says on twitter and if he'd have put more effort into his playing career, he could have been one of the best strikers in Europe, on his day he was that good. The incident with Ulrika should never have happened and shouldn't be condoned but while once was enough, he's not gone on to make a habit of it, to my knowledge anyway. I did like him on Talksport though and he's a lot more bearable than some broadcasters. There's more people worthy of hate than him.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #731 on: July 25, 2016, 01:32:07 PM »
I wish he'd slapped Alan Brazil a few times round the face when he was at Talk Sport.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #732 on: July 25, 2016, 03:54:03 PM »
Open season on 90% of Talk Sport pundits as far as I'm concerned especially the scouse former Coventry City Bob Carolgees lookalike.

Offline mike

« Reply #733 on: July 25, 2016, 03:57:35 PM »

Quite right, often the stupid bird is asking for a good slap. I mean a man can only take so much.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #734 on: July 25, 2016, 04:06:13 PM »

Quite right, often the stupid bird is asking for a good slap. I mean a man can only take so much.

Disgraceful remark !!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal