collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455858 times)

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2730 on: May 16, 2021, 09:03:31 AM »
I think the format of this Top 10 thing is that they are presented with a list of 10 - by who we are never told - and then have to personally rank.....so there was Terry, Desailly, Vidic, Carvalho, Pallister, Adams, Kompany, VVD, Stam, Ferdinand, all of course who played for the so called Big 6. Another example of BBC going the same way as Sky to pander to the armchair glory hunters.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2731 on: May 16, 2021, 08:19:38 PM »
Vidic would have been Championship standard had he not played for a team who have referees in their pockets.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #2732 on: May 16, 2021, 08:23:30 PM »
Anyone else see Micah, Shearer and Lineker on the subject of the best ten Premier League centre-backs?

Take a wild guess which Irish no.5 didn't even get a mention!!!

Absolute disgrace.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2733 on: May 16, 2021, 10:30:04 PM »
Anyone else see Micah, Shearer and Lineker on the subject of the best ten Premier League centre-backs?

anything with Micah Richards in and I'm generally not interested - people say he's a great pundit, but how he (and most of the others) played, and the pathetic effort they put in that season means I'll never forgive him, same with Gabby.

He's not even a good pundit, let alone a great pundit.

He's the BBC's court jester, there for the "lolz" and the "bantz". He's this decade's Robbie Savage.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #2734 on: May 16, 2021, 10:55:46 PM »

anything with Micah Richards in and I'm generally not interested - people say he's a great pundit, but how he (and most of the others) played, and the pathetic effort they put in that season means I'll never forgive him, same with Gabby.

He's not even a good pundit, let alone a great pundit.

He's the BBC's court jester, there for the "lolz" and the "bantz". He's this decade's Robbie Savage.

which is a shame because there are good pundits out there. Nedam Onuoha for example is used more sparingly for some reason.  He is far more eloquent and doesn’t cackle all the time

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2735 on: May 18, 2021, 07:02:01 PM »
It's been mentioned elsewhere but in the chat he had with Lineker and Shearer one thing that came up was a discussion of Garde. Richards argument was along the lines of him being useless because when they were training he'd make them work on things like controlling the ball. He tells as if "how dare a manager treat professional footballers that way" but for me it sounds like he was trying to do the right thing and their egos stopped them from even trying.

When everything is wrong the best solution to get confidence back is to go back to something simple get people back in tune with basics and then build from there. If they weren't trying and weren't joining in he probably decided to treat them like kids and just keep doing it. It's those sort of anecdotes that make me side more with Garde than the players every time.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2736 on: May 18, 2021, 07:20:02 PM »
I feel sorry for Garde. He had no chance coming into that horrible toxic environment.

Let's be honest, for much of the last decade and a bit, our club has been - at varying levels, from top to bottom to one degree or another - utterly toxic.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #2737 on: May 18, 2021, 07:25:49 PM »
Good laugh though. Good fun in the dressing room. Only surprised we didn’t advertise his job when he’d gone.

Club clown. 50k a week. Big, booming laugh an absolute must.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #2738 on: May 18, 2021, 08:10:19 PM »
Good laugh though. Good fun in the dressing room. Only surprised we didn’t advertise his job when he’d gone.

Club clown. 50k a week. Big, booming laugh an absolute must.

I think Lansbury got the job for a few years

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #2739 on: May 18, 2021, 09:46:28 PM »
Can't recall a manager being treated as disgracefully as Remi Garde was by both the owners and that little cabal in the dressing room. I seem to recall a January transfer window where he was promised cash, the reason he signed up for the job, but was left high and dry in full view of everyone with no signings made at all. The thought of Lerner or Krulak even now...*shudder*

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2740 on: May 19, 2021, 05:46:34 PM »
I feel sorry for Garde. He had no chance coming into that horrible toxic environment.

Let's be honest, for much of the last decade and a bit, our club has been - at varying levels, from top to bottom to one degree or another - utterly toxic.

Gabby was scathing of him in a conversation on TS. Said that Garde was the worst boss he ever had. Apparently he was walking down the hallway laughing at something and Garde asked him "what he was so happy or laughing about?" Now on the surface that might seem like a bit of a dick move by Garde, but one can only imagine that at that time, after yet another humilating loss where the wankers who called themselves football players representing us clearly could not give a fuck, very much including our resident "Villa fan" and longest tenured player, I'm shocked didn't take a fire extinguisher off the wall and smash the grin right off Gabby's face.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2741 on: May 19, 2021, 06:32:13 PM »
We were linked with Nigel Pearson that pre season after going down.

Think we dodged a bullet there.

But one of the silver linings was the thought of what he might do to Gabby/Gabs/ Flabs on the first day of pre season when he seen that gormless shit-eating grin. Ditto Rent-a-Clown Richards.

What a great example that pair provided to aspiring young pros.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #2742 on: May 19, 2021, 06:36:08 PM »

Gabby was scathing of him in a conversation on TS. Said that Garde was the worst boss he ever had. Apparently he was walking down the hallway laughing at something and Garde asked him "what he was so happy or laughing about?" Now on the surface that might seem like a bit of a dick move by Garde, but one can only imagine that at that time, after yet another humilating loss where the wankers who called themselves football players representing us clearly could not give a fuck, very much including our resident "Villa fan" and longest tenured player, I'm shocked didn't take a fire extinguisher off the wall and smash the grin right off Gabby's face.

Did Gabby ever explain why as a highly paid professional footballer he presented himself for duty as a massive fat twat?

Offline saint13

« Reply #2743 on: May 19, 2021, 06:59:56 PM »
Did Gabby ever explain why as a highly paid professional footballer he presented himself for duty as a massive fat twat?
[/quote]

and yet I still hear lots of people tell me what a great servant he was... I for one don't buy it.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2744 on: May 19, 2021, 07:05:23 PM »

Why is he never asked that, with a pic of his "conditioning" for that Spurs game used as evidence ...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal