collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:34:31 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Gareth
[Today at 08:27:22 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:34:31 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Gareth
[Today at 08:27:22 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:26:47 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455807 times)

Offline bob

Re: Micah Richards
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2015, 09:53:41 AM »
An interesting enough interview.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3106356/Micah-Richards-talks-rollercoaster-year-loan-Fiorentina-Italy-better-player-ll-moving-on.html#ixzz3btUH2PZQ

Not sure if this has been posted up (couldn't see it) but this is another decent interview with him from Football Focus. Obviously ignore the goal he got against us at the end.

I think he'd certainly be an improvement on what we have and I like how he comes across. He obviously wants to play regular football and has matured as a person/footballer judging from these interviews. He must be pretty determined/focused/desperate to play regularly to be willing to give up the beauty and weather of Florence. That speaks volumes to me. Big wages aside I hope he signs. I think he'd do well for us and be a good fit.

I was trying to remember when that was.  If I recall correctly it was a Sunday night FA Cup game and his late equaliser took it to a replay.  Houllier era?

O'Leary. They battered us entire match but we took lead against run of play with about ten mins to go. Naturally we threw it away at the end and got tanked in the replay. Baros got our goal.

2-2, wasn't it?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2015, 09:58:40 AM »
I seem to remember him swearing in the post match interview on TV.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2015, 09:59:40 AM »
This is interesting if true.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/583930/Ron-Vlaar-Micah-Richards-Aston-Villa-transfer-news

I think Richards is better than Vlaar if he stays fit.

Wouldn't arse just be better off getting senders . The cheaper option on the medical table .

Offline supertom

« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2015, 10:02:54 AM »
Okay I was all accepting of Richards signing. But I've just seen the picture of him in that article, wearing his hat on the back of his head like a twat. I'm not having that sort of nonsense at my club. He can take Zogbia by the hand and ruddy well bugger off down to London where that sort of nonsense can be tolerated. That's Tarquinion behaviour that is.

In all seriousness, my view on Richards is (twat hat aside) that if he's fit he walks into our team. If he gets a good run of games he'll be a success. If he's constantly suffering injury niggles, then he won't.

What he really needs is a good run. A solid 30 game season minimum. His injuries probably haven't been quite as bad as his appearance record might suggest over the last 3 seasons. I think it's been as much a case of just being unable to get into good sides, particularly in the case of City. Zabeletta has been immense ahead of him in the pecking order.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2015, 10:03:34 AM »
An interesting enough interview.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3106356/Micah-Richards-talks-rollercoaster-year-loan-Fiorentina-Italy-better-player-ll-moving-on.html#ixzz3btUH2PZQ

Not sure if this has been posted up (couldn't see it) but this is another decent interview with him from Football Focus. Obviously ignore the goal he got against us at the end.

I think he'd certainly be an improvement on what we have and I like how he comes across. He obviously wants to play regular football and has matured as a person/footballer judging from these interviews. He must be pretty determined/focused/desperate to play regularly to be willing to give up the beauty and weather of Florence. That speaks volumes to me. Big wages aside I hope he signs. I think he'd do well for us and be a good fit.

I was trying to remember when that was.  If I recall correctly it was a Sunday night FA Cup game and his late equaliser took it to a replay.  Houllier era?

O'Leary. They battered us entire match but we took lead against run of play with about ten mins to go. Naturally we threw it away at the end and got tanked in the replay. Baros got our goal.

If you can bear to watch it this was his infamous interview after the equaliser. I'm guessing it was probably his first goal and his first interview. The apologies from the BBC are pretty amusing. I even thought so at the time despite being gutted about the manner and timing of the goal. As well as showing the exuberance of youth compared to the last interview it shows how much he's developed. If he signs hopefully he can grab a few headed goals for us (something we haven't had enough off from our defenders for far too long).

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2015, 10:11:49 AM »
Is he THAT injury prone?
No not THAT injury.... it's ANOTHER injury!

Offline olaftab

« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2015, 10:15:11 AM »
There is just no way Sunderland offered him 90k. I refuse to believe that.
HIS AGENT SAID THEY DID SO HOW CAN ANYONE NOT BELIEVE THAT?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2015, 10:19:25 AM »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2015, 10:23:05 AM »
There is just no way Sunderland offered him 90k. I refuse to believe that.
HIS AGENT SAID THEY DID SO HOW CAN ANYONE NOT BELIEVE THAT?

I reckon Richards' agent played his ace card and said to Sunderland "Give us ninety grand a week or stick with John O'Shea for another season".

Offline olaftab

« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2015, 10:25:54 AM »
This headline is a throw back to late 70's early 80's when Villa and Liverpool were the top teams and manu and Aresenal were also rans!

"Ron Vlaar CLEARED to join Arsenal or Man Utd as Villa beat Liverpool to Micah Richards"

Offline Damo70

« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2015, 10:32:50 AM »
You have to feel sorry for the Arsenal physio. In the week he gets shot of Abou Diabi he then finds out he might be getting Ron Vlaar.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2015, 10:48:07 AM »
You have to feel sorry for the Arsenal physio. In the week he gets shot of Abou Diabi he then finds out he might be getting Ron Vlaar.

They'd have had to go through redundancy proceedings with some of the medical staff otherwise, they should be praised for thinking of the staff.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2015, 11:10:45 AM »
If this happens then I think this is a signing with more positives than negatives.

We don't have the luxury of signing young, brilliant, cheap, injury-free players so we need to sacrifice somewhere. I daresay we could sign Michael Dawson from Hull or picked up Antonin Alcaraz for free and they would be completely injury free and a bit rubbish. I'd rather take a risk on a potentially great player than go with somebody who can be relied upon to be mediocre.

That's not to say that it shouldn't be approached with a bit of trepidation though.

The main positive here is that there was a player fairly heavily in demand who other teams wanted to sign and it looks like he may have chosen us. Regardless of the player in question, I can't see how that is anything other than a good thing.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2015, 11:34:35 AM »
I'm happy with this .

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2015, 11:35:21 AM »
Let's face it, we'd be miffed if he was signing for Leicester or Newcastle.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal