collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by olaftab
[Today at 03:26:32 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by David_Nab
[Today at 03:26:23 PM]

Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 03:25:08 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 03:24:02 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 03:16:29 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by olaftab
[Today at 03:26:32 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by David_Nab
[Today at 03:26:23 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 03:25:24 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 03:25:08 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 03:24:02 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by olaftab
[Today at 03:19:42 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 03:16:29 PM]

Re: VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192346 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Carles Gil - now officially signed
« Reply #1170 on: March 14, 2017, 03:02:19 PM »
Gil? Shit no. None of last seasons fuck-ups should be touching a ball unless they've done it in the Championship with us this term.

Sanchez, Veretout and Gil would certainly strengthen the matchday squad, but I think they are probably our most sellable assets at the moment and we should cash in should the offers come in.   

Sanchez I think is a terrible footballer. His passing range makes Jedinak look like Zidane

He played a 60 yard perfect pass on his debut and had me thinking we'd signed a star....

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1171 on: March 14, 2017, 03:08:35 PM »
Sanchez doesn't have the legs or stamina for the English game.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1172 on: March 14, 2017, 04:08:13 PM »

Agree. He's played international football every summer in the last few years and never had the time to properly rest. It was no surprise he only lasted 60 minutes a game. Now he's knocking on a bit, his best days are behind him which is a shame as he's a joy to watch when fully fit.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1173 on: March 14, 2017, 04:12:20 PM »

Neither does Jedinak, the difference is we've never tried to make Jedi anything other than what he is.  We spent far too long try to make Sanchez play as an all action box-to-box midfielder who chased down everything.  If we'd let him sit in front of the back 4 as a shield, winning stuff in the air and disrupting play (the role he played for Columbia to convince us to sign him) I think he'd have settled much better and would've been a good signing.  The problem is we wanted him to play alongside Westwood when the truth is that we could only have one of them in the team.  I honestly think that a 3 of Sanchez, Veretout and Gana could've been a good setup if someone could've got them organised and playing to their strengths.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #1174 on: March 14, 2017, 04:19:58 PM »
Gil was never given a proper shot though.

Played 28 times.

Created virtually nothing and was too slow in every one of them.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #1175 on: March 14, 2017, 04:25:49 PM »
Gil? Shit no. None of last seasons fuck-ups should be touching a ball unless they've done it in the Championship with us this term.

Sanchez, Veretout and Gil would certainly strengthen the matchday squad, but I think they are probably our most sellable assets at the moment and we should cash in should the offers come in.   

Quite touching really that anyone who thinks that any of the hapless players we released have anything to offer football in general let alone AVFC.

You have to remember that lot couldn't win a regular place in the worst team in living memory - why on earth would we want them back now?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1176 on: March 14, 2017, 04:38:34 PM »

Agree. He's played international football every summer in the last few years and never had the time to properly rest. It was no surprise he only lasted 60 minutes a game. Now he's knocking on a bit, his best days are behind him which is a shame as he's a joy to watch when fully fit.

It would be the envy of every team in the division of we had Jedinak and Sanchez alternating as defensive midfield players next season. I'm like think Sanchez is a very good player when healthy but he's barely had a break. Couple that with the speed of the PL it was no shock he never looked the player we have seen at times playing for his country.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1177 on: March 14, 2017, 05:33:24 PM »

Quite touching really that anyone who thinks that any of the hapless players we released have anything to offer football in general let alone AVFC.

You have to remember that lot couldn't win a regular place in the worst team in living memory - why on earth would we want them back now?

Because they're all playing regularly to a decent standard this season.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1178 on: March 14, 2017, 06:13:15 PM »

Well, some of them are doing things like beating Barcelona, performing admirably for Fiorentina, challenging for Europe in Ligue 1, and challenging for Europe in the Premier League (and interesting Arsenal if today's papers are to be believed).

Yeah, nothing to offer football at all.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1179 on: March 14, 2017, 08:04:01 PM »
On Deportivo, they seem to be a bit like a Midlands football "Island of Lost Toys".

Gil on loan from us, Joselu on loan from Stoke, Albentosa formerly of Derby, Ola John once of Wolves and managed by darling of the Albion Pepe Mel.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #1180 on: March 15, 2017, 08:20:03 AM »
As a season ticket holder I had the misfortune of watching them week-in and week-out.    They only needed to show a semblance of ability to catch the eye and they failed miserably. 

If they're doing better elsewhere now fair enough, it seems they might have found their level.  It doesn't alter the fact that the were garbage in the Premiership.

(And before anyone mentions we're now in the Championship can I remind you that non of the players who stayed, eg Westwood, actually shone in the Championship, so I can't see how they would benefit us in the this league either).

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #1181 on: March 15, 2017, 08:30:08 AM »
As a season ticket holder I had the misfortune of watching them week-in and week-out.    They only needed to show a semblance of ability to catch the eye and they failed miserably. 

If they're doing better elsewhere now fair enough, it seems they might have found their level.  It doesn't alter the fact that the were garbage in the Premiership.

(And before anyone mentions we're now in the Championship can I remind you that non of the players who stayed, eg Westwood, actually shone in the Championship, so I can't see how they would benefit us in the this league either).

So they've found their level, in all cases it's higher than the one we're at, but they still aren't any use to us? Okay.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1182 on: March 15, 2017, 08:49:18 AM »
On Deportivo, they seem to be a bit like a Midlands football "Island of Lost Toys".

Gil on loan from us, Joselu on loan from Stoke, Albentosa formerly of Derby, Ola John once of Wolves and managed by darling of the Albion Pepe Mel.

They beat Chris Jameson's Barcelona on Sunday. Not a bad result.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #1183 on: March 15, 2017, 11:06:56 AM »

So they've found their level, in all cases it's higher than the one we're at, but they still aren't any use to us? Okay.

Whether their current level is higher is highly debatable.  The top teams in the spanish, italian and whatever else leagues are in the elite of European football.  The rest of those leagues are very poor.  Guardiola as realised this with the way he tried and failed to set man City up against the mid and lower table premiership teams.

You can argue the toss if you want, but nobody in the premiership wanted them and we had to replace replace their equals (if not betters) to compete in the championship.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #1184 on: March 15, 2017, 11:24:24 AM »

Whether their current level is higher is highly debatable.  The top teams in the spanish, italian and whatever else leagues are in the elite of European football.  The rest of those leagues are very poor.  Guardiola as realised this with the way he tried and failed to set man City up against the mid and lower table premiership teams.

You can argue the toss if you want, but nobody in the premiership wanted them and we had to replace replace their equals (if not betters) to compete in the championship.

Yeah, the rest of those leagues are so poor that Barcelona have lost to the likes of Alaves and Deportivo, or PSG the likes of Guingamp or Toulouse this season; or so poor that decent Premiership teams can't win the Europa League despite that competition being filled with non-elite teams from those leagues.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal