collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192316 times)

Offline QuintonVilla

Re: Carles Gil - now officially signed
« Reply #1050 on: January 16, 2016, 09:11:32 PM »
Very flaky player. Not what's needed in a struggling team, he'd look good in a good team surrounded by like minded players. We need to get ugly, kick a few people and get the ball in the box at any opportunity, he doesn't fit into that.

That's why he should've played more last year when Benteke hit form.

No issue if he's on the bench next week, don't think that will be his type of game at all.
Agreed. Next week will be blood and thunder, their players and fans will want to put a nail in our coffin due to their obsession and the quarter final last season. Yacob kicks anything that moves but to be fair we miss someone like that, Westwood, Gueye and Veretout are too nice.

Offline Ormy Droid

• Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
« Reply #1051 on: January 16, 2016, 09:12:54 PM »
He's just a bit too lightweight for the English game, and he doesn't show any signs of toughening up anytime soon. He could have a role as an impact player coming off the bench going forward, and that's probably where Remi would like to put him, but to do that he'd need a few half decent alternatives to choose from first.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #1052 on: January 16, 2016, 09:13:07 PM »
I'd be tempted to play Sinclair in his spot instead.
Let's not get silly now.

We need to buy some horrible bastard to come into the side in midfield, play Ayew in behind Kozak and Gestede and get Debuchy in on loan to replace Bacuna.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #1053 on: January 16, 2016, 09:16:02 PM »
Let's not get silly now.

We need to buy some horrible bastard to come into the side in midfield, play Ayew in behind Kozak and Gestede and get Debuchy in on loan to replace Bacuna.

We need, say, 28 year old Kevin Nolan to step out of the time machine. Scores goals from midfield? Check. Leadership? Check. Horrible bastard? A little less so, but close enough.

My guess is that we'll draft Bacuna in to play on the right with either Richards or Debuchy at right back. Not very encouraging.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #1054 on: January 16, 2016, 09:20:59 PM »
Let's not get silly now.

Agree. As a team we're too nice, we need a clogger in midfield. Westwood is a passenger and offers absolutely nothing.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1055 on: January 16, 2016, 09:21:39 PM »
I said it after the game on Tuesday, but I thought it was even more apparent today - his lack of pace and dynamism is a problem if he is going to play in the attacking midfield role.  From our five attacking players today - Kozak, Gil, Ayew, Westwood and Veretout - only Ayew really has pace at the top level.  It means we can't break very fast.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1056 on: January 16, 2016, 10:51:10 PM »
I said it after the game on Tuesday, but I thought it was even more apparent today - his lack of pace and dynamism is a problem if he is going to play in the attacking midfield role.  From our five attacking players today - Kozak, Gil, Ayew, Westwood and Veretout - only Ayew really has pace at the top level.  It means we can't break very fast.
If Timmeh had one thing right, it was that Gil isn't built for relegation scraps. He's got ability but he's still struggling against teams who press quickly and he gets bullied. I'm afraid we can't really afford a "10" right now, short of having someone who can also stand up to a physical battle.
I'd put a pace player in for him and get more width.

Gil shouldn't play against West Brom. He'll get battered. Against a side like Swansea he would be okay. More cultured sides, Gil will have a bit more space to do his own thing. Today was not the right game for him. Next week is the same.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1057 on: January 16, 2016, 10:53:04 PM »
He's just a bit too lightweight for the English game, and he doesn't show any signs of toughening up anytime soon.

The problem is our whole team are too lightweight. We could, like Man City carry Silva, if the rest were not also 8 stone weaklings. I actually thought he grew into the game, controlling our movement right up until he got subbed. Our stats Director of Sports needs to understand that despite certain players having a x amount of pass completions and y number of assists, if they're all the size of Mazrim, it's no surprise we get bullied and pushed over.

Gil is not our problem.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1058 on: January 16, 2016, 11:03:29 PM »
He isn't our problem, but he is not our solution either. Until the midfield is stronger, and there is more pace and movement up front, he will struggle.

I too would go for the 2 big men with Ayew just told to go and hurt the opposition anywhere you fancy in their half behind them.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1059 on: January 16, 2016, 11:09:39 PM »
We pack pace in midfield to really drive the game forwards. Gil physically is lacking in pace and power and it shows.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1060 on: January 17, 2016, 03:55:46 AM »
We pack pace in midfield to really drive the game forwards. Gil physically is lacking in pace and power and it shows.

Agree Ads.  In terms of a physical presence in midfield, having seen him on Tuesday when he came on, I really think Jedinak from Palace would be the answer (he was the one who came on towards the end who looked like something out of the film 300).  He just sat in midfield and did the simple things.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1061 on: June 02, 2016, 01:53:11 PM »
HITC

Aston Villa look set to see plenty of their underperforming stars from last season out of the exit door at the club this summer.

One such player could be Carles Gil – with a La Liga side said to be interested in the player.

El Desmarque is reporting that Celta Vigo are keen on signing the player this summer and they also report his agent Federico Marco as making it clear that Gil will not be playing in the Championship next season and that Celta have made an approach for the player:

“His intention is not to play in the Championship and look for teams in the Premier League and La Liga.

“We have not spoken with Celta, but in the past we have been negotiating and we know he is a player to their liking. They made an offer for him, but the Aston Villa did not accept it."

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1062 on: June 02, 2016, 02:04:59 PM »
HITC

Aston Villa look set to see plenty of their underperforming stars from last season out of the exit door at the club this summer.

One such player could be Carles Gil – with a La Liga side said to be interested in the player.

El Desmarque is reporting that Celta Vigo are keen on signing the player this summer and they also report his agent Federico Marco as making it clear that Gil will not be playing in the Championship next season and that Celta have made an approach for the player:

“His intention is not to play in the Championship and look for teams in the Premier League and La Liga.

“We have not spoken with Celta, but in the past we have been negotiating and we know he is a player to their liking. They made an offer for him, but the Aston Villa did not accept it."

Best of luck with that then - close the door on your way out as we will only want players who want to be here (Not you Gabby you can FO)

You have some talent of course and a couple of wonder goals to your name but equally you were as guilty as any of them for not applying yourself well and being a moody bugger to boot

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #1063 on: June 02, 2016, 02:11:08 PM »
Lots of sideways running and passing, giving up on the 60th minute, and not much else. Goodbye. We've already forgotten you.

Offline villabear

« Reply #1064 on: June 02, 2016, 02:17:03 PM »
He scored that goal against Bournemouth last year in the cup and went downhill from there. Substituted regularly on 60-70 mins. He doesn't want to stay so adiós!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal