collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 04:14:09 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 04:12:37 PM]

FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 04:10:32 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by pablo_picasso
[Today at 04:06:51 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:03:20 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:59:30 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 03:58:15 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 04:14:09 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 04:12:37 PM]

Re: FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 04:10:32 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Monty
[Today at 04:09:31 PM]

Re: FFP by olaftab
[Today at 04:08:28 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 04:08:02 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 04:07:46 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by pablo_picasso
[Today at 04:06:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192372 times)

Offline cheltenhamlion

Re: Carles Gil - now officially signed
« Reply #675 on: April 08, 2015, 06:33:40 PM »
I am a bit worried by this reticence to involve Gil. If he wants more bite then fair enough but him not even benching when we are starting Chopper Grealish flies in the face of that. As does Sherwood's comment to the Mail that he is very good in training, so it can't be an attitude thing.

He should be involved.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #676 on: April 08, 2015, 06:43:18 PM »
I think Sherwood sees it as Grealish Vs Gil and if wants to be the next England manager he'll get more Harry Kane type headlines with Grealish.

Offline peter w

« Reply #677 on: April 08, 2015, 06:48:03 PM »
Or, he prefers Grealish.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #678 on: April 08, 2015, 07:01:01 PM »
We don't know what happens in training or behind closed doors, according to what I've read about Sherwood if you aren't doing it in Training then your not in the team.

What if, like Weimann, you haven't done it in the team for nearly a year? It's hard to imagine how bad Gil must be doing in training, if that's the reason for his being behind Weimann. To be honest, I have a feeling Sherwood's going with the players he's heard of before coming to Villa.

That's a ridiculous suggestion. 

I don't think so. He trusts them more because he knows them better. Given the incredibly dicey situation we're in, I couldn't necessarily blame him if he was doing that.

Offline peter w

« Reply #679 on: April 08, 2015, 07:05:41 PM »
he also said that he knew nothing of us before joining (in relation to performances) so its not totally beyond reason that any reputations that players may have made previously have indelibly marked his thoughts on a player. He had very little time to get to know his players, his better ones, the ones he can trust, the ones that play the way he likes, the ones that fit into his system etc etc he may see Weimann doing it in training and remember some goals he has scored for us and thrown him in. Noticeable that he isn't much of a starter now, though as Sherwood gets to know the players.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #680 on: April 08, 2015, 07:06:39 PM »
We don't know what happens in training or behind closed doors, according to what I've read about Sherwood if you aren't doing it in Training then your not in the team.

What if, like Weimann, you haven't done it in the team for nearly a year? It's hard to imagine how bad Gil must be doing in training, if that's the reason for his being behind Weimann. To be honest, I have a feeling Sherwood's going with the players he's heard of before coming to Villa.

That's a ridiculous suggestion. 

I don't think so. He trusts them more because he knows them better. Given the incredibly dicey situation we're in, I couldn't necessarily blame him if he was doing that.

How would he "know" them better.  What interaction would he have ever had with Grealish, for example?

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #681 on: April 08, 2015, 07:14:40 PM »
He was involved in youth football for years and I believe actually said he'd known about Grealish before coming here. It makes sense - it's what commentators refer to as 'knowing what you're going to get' from a player. Gil is just the least known quantity in that regard, so among similar players he's just going what he knows best.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #682 on: April 08, 2015, 07:22:35 PM »
Grealish was good last night. Attacking is no longer our problem.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #683 on: April 08, 2015, 07:56:57 PM »
I am a bit worried by this reticence to involve Gil. If he wants more bite then fair enough but him not even benching when we are starting Chopper Grealish flies in the face of that. As does Sherwood's comment to the Mail that he is very good in training, so it can't be an attitude thing.

He should be involved.

I would like him involved as well but you never know whats going on. The Helenius incident and the mystery of the disappearing Chris Herd lead me to keep an open mind about why a player gets dropped.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #684 on: April 08, 2015, 08:20:56 PM »
There was a strong rumour going around the Holte last night that there had been a row between Gil and Sherwood ending with Gil getting into a taxi and disappearing.    Yeah, I know, a magician like Sasa Curcic.   For disappearing read going we know not where.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #685 on: April 08, 2015, 08:21:30 PM »
Arse. He went off injured in the U21's game. Pounding the ground with his fist apparently. So there we go :(

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #686 on: April 08, 2015, 08:44:07 PM »
Arse. He went off injured in the U21's game. Pounding the ground with his fist apparently. So there we go :(

You have got to be kidding

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #687 on: April 08, 2015, 08:46:32 PM »
He went off injured.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #688 on: April 08, 2015, 09:00:02 PM »
That is just the news we did not want.   Perhaps the taxi story was because he could not drive his own car.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #689 on: April 08, 2015, 09:22:07 PM »
Perhaps it was similar to the time Radio Five spent an evening claiming Robbie Flower had refused to play for Liverpool reserves and had stormed off, they wanted people's thoughts on the matter and to let them know if you knew of his whereabouts. Oddly enough they didn't call my mum back when she got through to say she had seen him that afternoon in Southport. Playing for Liverpool reserves.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal