collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192244 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Carles Gil
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2015, 01:14:36 PM »
We're a deserved favourite for the drop
We're not a favourite for relegation at all. Six teams have shorter odds than us and West Brom's odds are the same as ours.

If you don't score you don't stay up. We're on target for the worst ever scoring record in a season so I think the odds will drop the same speed as we will after the next three games.
Quite possibly. But at the moment we're not one of the favourites to go down.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2015, 01:25:21 PM »
We're not a favourite for relegation at all. Six teams have shorter odds than us and West Brom's odds are the same as ours.

If you don't score you don't stay up. We're on target for the worst ever scoring record in a season so I think the odds will drop the same speed as we will after the next three games.

There is 0% chance we'll score 26 goals in final 17 games. Us going down will probably go down to the final 2 games though.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2015, 02:07:31 PM »
What has scoring 26 goals got to do with staying up?

If we score five goals and keep a clean sheet, then we will more than likely have done enough with a few 0-0's too.

We will obviously do ourselves a massive favour by adding a bit of risk to our play and Lambert seeing that N'Zogbia, Gabby and Weimann have nothing to offer would be a good start.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2015, 02:20:02 PM »
What has scoring 26 goals got to do with staying up?

Nothing. Bob was talking about our soon to be new unwanted record. I was saying that there is no chance of us not setting it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:41:09 PM by Goldie.7 »

Offline Jim Shoes

« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2015, 02:33:41 PM »
There seems to be some confusion about the buy back clause as I understand it in this case if another club were to offer 20m and Villa were happy to accept then Valencia have an option to match the offer. If they do then it's up to Gil if they don't/can't then he will go to the other club.

All this is of course for the future he has to sign for us first before we start to flog him off ;)

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2015, 02:38:15 PM »

I'm amazed , considering were three points off 19th , can't score and the three games coming up. The odds will change massively after the next three games.

Offline dekko

« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2015, 02:38:47 PM »
There seems to be some confusion about the buy back clause as I understand it in this case if another club were to offer 20m and Villa were happy to accept then Valencia have an option to match the offer. If they do then it's up to Gil if they don't/can't then he will go to the other club.

All this is of course for the future he has to sign for us first before we start to flog him off ;)

Isn't that a 'first option' clause?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2015, 03:05:40 PM »
Why would there need to be a clause for the above?

Surely if a club makes a bid and we accept it, then any other club can match the offer if they want to and then the player can choose where he goes.

Whether we have clauses in contracts with that club or not.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2015, 04:07:12 PM »
Any chance he can bring Jesus Gil  with him?

Alive ? That would be some miracle.
Reading between the lines on his wiki page he was a right winger when he was alive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jes%C3%BAs_Gil

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2015, 04:32:15 PM »

Leicester are almost certain to be relegated, but have managed to convince a £10 million player to join them. It happens.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2015, 04:49:09 PM »

We are, if you look at the BBC poll of football fans. We are the third club behind QPR and Leicester. Rightly, given our parlous scoring record.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2015, 05:00:56 PM »
Why would there need to be a clause for the above?

Surely if a club makes a bid and we accept it, then any other club can match the offer if they want to and then the player can choose where he goes.

Whether we have clauses in contracts with that club or not.

I'd guess a clause like that means that you have to tell them that you've had the offer before you can legally accept it.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2015, 05:02:33 PM »

Leicester are almost certain to be relegated, but have managed to convince a £10 million player to join them. It happens.

Emile Heskey was a £10m player.  Price and value: two very different things.

Online joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2015, 05:14:06 PM »
Any chance he can bring Jesus Gil  with him?

Alive ? That would be some miracle.
Reading between the lines on his wiki page he was a right winger when he was alive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jes%C3%BAs_Gil

People named Jesus do have previous for this kind of thing.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2015, 05:14:44 PM »
on newsnow it says that they will get 10% of any future transfer and first refusal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal