collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Southampton (H): The post match thread  (Read 29528 times)

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
Re: Southampton (H): The post match thread
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2014, 09:27:59 AM »
If our form was a football kit it would be Swansea's away kit.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2014, 09:43:13 AM »
Just catching up with MOTD - can't believe what Shearer said about Shaw - never tested defensively today! I thought Albrighton creamed him a number of times

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2014, 09:49:29 AM »
Just catching up with MOTD - can't believe what Shearer said about Shaw - never tested defensively today! I thought Albrighton creamed him a number of times

He didn't watch the game in that case. Albrighton turned him inside out.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
Shaw is a class act but Albrighton worked him really hard in the second half, to the point where Shaw got a yellow card for a foul on him.

On a negative note, how physically weak is this team? Some of them, El Ahmadi in particular are brushed aside in challenges like they're little boys mixing it with men.

Online nigel

« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2014, 10:02:25 AM »

Shaw's a flavour of the month for these guys, so can do no wrong.
Plus the fact they'e not particularly keen on us!!

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2014, 10:03:05 AM »
Shaw is a class act but Albrighton worked him really hard in the second half, to the point where Shaw got a yellow card for a foul on him.

On a negative note, how physically weak is this team? Some of them, El Ahmadi in particular are brushed aside in challenges like they're little boys mixing it with men.

Marc nutmegged him in the first half and Shaw elbowed him in the chops to stop him going past. Should have had a yellow then as well.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2014, 10:08:46 AM »
A decent point considering the week we've had even if we could have easily lost it. My only worry is that we don't really look like scoring. Good to see Robinson get a run but i'd put Helenius on the bench next week as well, just to give us something different.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:44:06 AM by Clampy »

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2014, 10:28:40 AM »
Shearer reckons Shaw was the standout player. The same Luke Shaw that kept getting mugged by Albrighton.
If Moyes / Yanited pay £30m for him then they are absolute mugs. He reminded me of a slightly better version of Nicky Shorey

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2014, 10:37:08 AM »

Marc nutmegged him in the first half and Shaw elbowed him in the chops to stop him going past. Should have had a yellow then as well.

Albrighton did him 6-7 times and got crosses or shots off from all but 2 of those, the 2 where he didn't do anything being the 2 times Shaw should've been yellow carded.  If Luna got done that many times in a game everyone on here would be saying how shit he'd been, I said it a couple of times on the match thread, Shaw was really poor in defence and only did anything going forward because he's quick.

As for strength, KEA is the one who really frustrates me with that, he looks terrified of using his strength in anyway and just gets bullied constantly.  Bennett has the same problem.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2014, 10:40:27 AM »
Im down in Somerset. Didn't bother to watch it yesterday,last night or this morning. Obviously I hope we stay up and that the depressing Lambert leaves our club when Lerner hopefully sells up.I just cant see anything positive happening at the moment in any way. Everybody seems totally apathetic.

I hear what you're saying. Somerset has that effect on me too

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2014, 10:40:47 AM »
Just heard our Marc on SSN...Bless!

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2014, 10:42:20 AM »
Im down in Somerset. Didn't bother to watch it yesterday,last night or this morning. Obviously I hope we stay up and that the depressing Lambert leaves our club when Lerner hopefully sells up.I just cant see anything positive happening at the moment in any way. Everybody seems totally apathetic.

I hear what you're saying. Somerset has that effect on me too

All that cider & Man Utd fans.

Online olaftab

« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2014, 10:43:01 AM »
Im down in Somerset.
A bit early for Lady Ron to be beside the seaside Ron?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2014, 10:46:43 AM »
I thought it was a reasonable performance. Light years away from the Chelsea performance but a big improvement on the Stoke and Fulham displays as well. I would have given Vlaar MOTM just ahead of Albrighton.

Online olaftab

« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2014, 10:52:17 AM »
I agree Vlaar was immense yesterday.
Lee Mason had an excellent  game. Keeping his card in his pocket early on and then only dispensing it when absolutely necessary. Very good call on penalty as Bertrand's limbs were in natural position for a normal  blocking tackle.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal