collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:16:25 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 04:15:16 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard E
[Today at 04:15:03 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 04:14:55 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:12:40 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by mrfuse
[Today at 04:12:05 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:10:40 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 04:10:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Southampton (H): The post match thread  (Read 29526 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Southampton (H): The post match thread
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2014, 07:33:30 PM »
It's all exhausting. Whether you've been dead set against things or for things, or trying to be more patient on things, of 4 years, what's been consistent is the inconsistency and uncertainty. Of not knowing when the next chaotic string of events will occur, but knowing that it will, and probably soon. That any semblance of happiness and hope has been smashed to pieces within a very short time of it happening. That's been the most tiring thing is that it just takes it out of you and you are left with this numb lifeless feeling. The Villa crowd should be far angrier but I get the impression they are just tired and show up like lemmings ready for a another dive over the cliff. Whatever happens next I just want to enjoy Villa and enjoy watching football again.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2014, 08:14:20 PM »
A Liverpool fan of my acquaintance posted a picture taken at the Swansea game of the Holte emptying before the final whistle. He tried to take the piss out of our 'disloyal' support.

I asked him how he thought Liverpool's attendances would have held up as well as ours if they had played as poorly for so long.

In the circumstances Villa supporters have had the patience of Job's dog

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2014, 08:17:30 PM »
The support this season again has been superb. It's a big part of what makes this club so special.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2014, 08:23:44 PM »
A Liverpool fan of my acquaintance posted a picture taken at the Swansea game of the Holte emptying before the final whistle. He tried to take the piss out of our 'disloyal' support.

I asked him how he thought Liverpool's attendances would have held up as well as ours if they had played as poorly for so long.

Ask him if we are so disloyal, why are our attendances on a par with what Liverpool were getting in the 80s as they challenged for titles.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2014, 08:28:26 PM »

Ask him if we are so disloyal, why are our attendances on a par with what Liverpool were getting in the 80s as they challenged for titles.

Don't worry, I had him wishing he'd never opened his mouth.

That's the great thing about Twitter, you can catch people being quietly snide and go in from behind with both feet.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2014, 08:39:30 PM »

That's the great thing about Twitter, you can catch people being quietly snide and go in from behind with both feet.

Are you Alan Hutton?

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2014, 09:17:58 PM »
It's all exhausting. Whether you've been dead set against things or for things, or trying to be more patient on things, of 4 years, what's been consistent is the inconsistency and uncertainty. Of not knowing when the next chaotic string of events will occur, but knowing that it will, and probably soon. That any semblance of happiness and hope has been smashed to pieces within a very short time of it happening. That's been the most tiring thing is that it just takes it out of you and you are left with this numb lifeless feeling. The Villa crowd should be far angrier but I get the impression they are just tired and show up like lemmings ready for a another dive over the cliff. Whatever happens next I just want to enjoy Villa and enjoy watching football again.

A lot of us have been showing up for far longer than 4 seasons though. It is what we do. Time of year = Football season = going up the Villa.
I have parked in the same road since 1977 for God's sake ;-)

What form should this anger take TV? If you were at the back of the Holte yesterday you would have heard constant anger and invective - the girl who stands behind me is getting very inventive with the use of the words useless and c^^ts.

I tend to try and be very supportive (singing and clapping that sort of thing) and then the shit performance creeps in and saps the will. If Southampton had scored yesterday then it would have been a very different atmosphere at the end of the match - "we" were ready for that and there would have been protest on the final whistle.

My protest is not to renew - I will still attend but usually Saturday 3PM ko's and cup matches.
I go up the Villa - it's what I do,,,

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2014, 10:02:08 PM »

It will change next season if things stay as they are.

People will vote with their feet and not renews their ST's

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2014, 10:06:12 PM »

Both feet? Now that's an unusual one!

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2014, 10:26:52 PM »

Funny just about every 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' fan has their Fergie out moment - in their case the Kenny-in/must stay comment 2 years ago. At the forefront were his dinasour mates Larwo and Hansen.

It is also quite funny that not one of the 90 pro-Liverpool pundits across the various airwaves thought Liverpool would do anything better than Top4 this season.

To be fair their success this season reminds me a lot of 1981 - team considered outsiders playing cracking football and benefiting in part from few injuries and overall games. Obviously we had no cheating diving racists to my knowledge.

Offline mr woo

« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2014, 11:03:05 PM »

Are you Alan Hutton?
[/quot

Are you Alan Hutton?

Lets hope so. The alternative for going in from behind with both feet doesn't bear thinking about.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2014, 05:29:06 PM »
On our support
Tommy docherty said that if you hung out 11 villa shirts to dry on a Sunday morning 10,000 villa fans would turn up to watch em dry that's how big this club is.
I honestly would turn up at villa park and sit there for 90 minute even if we wasn't playing just to re-call the memories

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2014, 05:44:34 PM »
Disappointed again but at least we got a point another win should make us safe.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2014, 08:59:52 AM »
It's wretched isn't it. How low have we fallen that a point at home to Southampton in a boring 0-0 draw is a result a lot of us would have accepted before hand and we were hoping that Chelski win to help us.
I love Villa but agree that the last four years have made it very hard to get enthusiastic about football. I'm at the point where I don't hardly watch football any more.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal