collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:25:20 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 04:25:12 PM]

[Today at 04:22:39 PM]

[Today at 04:21:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 04:20:20 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 04:19:54 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 04:18:27 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 04:17:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Southampton (H): The post match thread  (Read 29527 times)

Offline Goldie.7

Re: Southampton (H): The post match thread
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2014, 11:51:52 PM »
An out of form Bent or Agbonlahor....hmm. I'd go with Bent all day long, Gabby is a waste of space did you see him today, miles clear all he had to do was pull the ball back and pass but no he overruns it. Sums up his career for me. If he gets another contract i'll be fuming.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2014, 11:55:11 PM »
How come this was your first home game of the season Kippax, seems a strange time of the season to end a boycott?

Where you one of those "I ain't going to that Culverhouse leaves" brigade? ;)

Dunno really.  Didn't have the girls this weekend so just decided to go yesterday.  Thought the atmosphere might be a bit more seige mentality like after what has happened.  Should have known better.    Nothing has changed much, except everything seems a lot more expensive than when I last visited.  Including being mugged off yesterday for a £2 booking fee for paying on a debit card.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2014, 11:58:38 PM »
An out of form Bent or Agbonlahor....hmm. I'd go with Bent all day long, Gabby is a waste of space did you see him today, miles clear all he had to do was pull the ball back and pass but no he overruns it. Sums up his career for me. If he gets another contract i'll be fuming.

I would prefer none of the above and had someone else to choose. However when the decision was made in August, I would have said Gabby, Benteke and Weimann worked well together in the last few months and looked good in the first few games so yes, keep Gabby and loan out Bent.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2014, 12:19:31 AM »
Did anyone really think that a change in assistant manager was going to see us come out and play free flowing football?!?

It's all about eking our way to safety and frankly I don't give a shit how we so it

Then we need a number of changes in the summer. Starting with a properly dangerous centre forward as benteke is out. And then we need some quality on the ball in attacking areas.

I did , hes just as bad as I thought

Offline Uknowthescore

« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2014, 12:28:43 AM »
Can't believe ime chuffed with the point but we got a draw against Southampton and I am chuffed with the point ,,dear me

Offline l_mckay

« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2014, 12:36:50 AM »
We didn't loose

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2014, 01:44:34 AM »
Worst Villa side I have seen. Lambert has strangled any creativity we ever had out of the side. I know he has injuries, losing Okore and Benteke are a big loss, but we are awful to watch. He has had four Windows to do something creative. What a complete failure.

Offline Archie

« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2014, 07:44:08 AM »
Boring boring Villa. If a Martian had landed on earth and watched yesterday's game, he wondered how could the humanity consider this sport amusing.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:58:55 AM by Archie »

Offline jeowje

« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2014, 07:47:33 AM »
Lambert will be gone at the end of the season i believe, stay up or not. It is vital that we make it over the line, i'm sure that is the only reason he appears to have Randy's support. Unless he wins at tottenham and man city that is!

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2014, 07:48:26 AM »
Well it was a no score bore.  Apathetic crowd lifted briefly for 10 mins in the second half. 

Not a lot more to say that hasn't already said.

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2014, 08:12:20 AM »
Just a word for us as fans,we moved from our normal seats to the Doug Ellis lower by the Holte End,given the limp performance of the team,35,000 given the slightest encouragement when Albrighton had our one shot on target supported the team very well.
I had the distinct impression that the team were shackled by Lambert's presence on the bench,only when he's gone will we play with anysort of freedom and courage.The team reflects him in every way,why he didn't go with his two 'assistants' is something I can't understand.

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2014, 08:36:28 AM »
4more matches to go, let's just limp over the line and try and stay in this league.

I recall at the end of McLeish's tenure both post the last match & at Norwich away - the vitriol aimed at him was unprecedented as we sang for Lambert to come across to us.

Be careful what you wish for eh!

I wonder if we'll be singing for Sherwood at Spurs?

One thing's for certain, dour bloody Lambert has to go.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2014, 08:37:39 AM »
Worst Villa side I have seen. Lambert has strangled any creativity we ever had out of the side. I know he has injuries, losing Okore and Benteke are a big loss, but we are awful to watch. He has had four Windows to do something creative. What a complete failure.
OK we know all that and there is no point in regurgitating many posts of the same ilk. We just need to survive and sort ourselves in the summer.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2014, 08:54:27 AM »
You could sense a lot of apprehension in the players yesterday. They won't have forgotten the reaction last week and they performed to not lose and possibly grab a win. It is understandable and you could tell by the way they got together at the end that they considered it a decent result. Terrible to watch though.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2014, 09:25:23 AM »
Im down in Somerset. Didn't bother to watch it yesterday,last night or this morning. Obviously I hope we stay up and that the depressing Lambert leaves our club when Lerner hopefully sells up.I just cant see anything positive happening at the moment in any way. Everybody seems totally apathetic.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal