collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:57:04 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:57:04 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ex- Villa Players still playing watch  (Read 228922 times)

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
Re: Ex- Villa Players still playing watch
« Reply #555 on: January 18, 2021, 04:31:47 PM »
Think you will see an entirely different strategy towards loans for the younger players from now on.  The set up of Purslow, together with the player recruitment staff, tailored alongside Smiths outlook will see young players going out and growing up quicker.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #556 on: January 18, 2021, 05:04:30 PM »
... Feels a bit odd to me when we've finally decided to loan out Revan given he's 21 and we can only find him a non league club. Would've thought they'd have been plenty of interest from the league against his performance v Liverpool...
Agreed; my thought exactly when it was announced. He has the physique and skill to mix it at a higher level of  the pyramid, I would have thought.
JG went out at 17 to Notts County, but this almost seems the exception when - for those with the real potential - it should be the norm.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #557 on: January 18, 2021, 09:02:13 PM »
... Feels a bit odd to me when we've finally decided to loan out Revan given he's 21 and we can only find him a non league club. Would've thought they'd have been plenty of interest from the league against his performance v Liverpool...
Agreed; my thought exactly when it was announced. He has the physique and skill to mix it at a higher level of  the pyramid, I would have thought.
JG went out at 17 to Notts County, but this almost seems the exception when - for those with the real potential - it should be the norm.

I think the problem with finding a league club half way through the season is the ceiling on the number of players in a squad.  Only got to look what has happened to McKirdy at Port Vale.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #558 on: January 19, 2021, 09:16:16 AM »
I think the problem with finding a league club half way through the season is the ceiling on the number of players in a squad.  Only got to look what has happened to McKirdy at Port Vale.
Fair point; one that I'd not considered.

Offline VillaSpen

« Reply #559 on: January 28, 2021, 04:26:42 AM »
Callum O'Hare set up both goals for Cov with a couple of perfectly weighted passes last night.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #560 on: January 28, 2021, 06:16:15 PM »
Good luck to Middlesbrough with that lazy git

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #561 on: January 28, 2021, 08:00:31 PM »
How's our Russian out in Cyprus?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #562 on: January 28, 2021, 08:53:18 PM »
One goal. He doesn't seem to ever start the match for them. Might not be the next Gerd Muller at this rate.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #563 on: January 30, 2021, 11:29:29 AM »
Luke Moore, Nathan Delfonz and Hepburn Murphy. Home-grown, skilful Villans whom I willed on so much to he heroes for us, alas ...  :(

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #564 on: February 01, 2021, 01:21:34 PM »
Milner was having to listen to Klopp go on to him when he was subbed v West Ham yesterday.
Didn't look totally pleased , perplexed if you will, but wasn't mouthing back... Then in next instance Liverpool go and score , assisted by Jones who had come on for Milner . James goes and gives Klopp a big hug and all smiles. To me the best thing about Liverpool winning the league last season was Milner being the winner. How he keeps going at top level is credit to longevity of a professional footballer performing at highest level.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #565 on: February 01, 2021, 02:13:38 PM »
Milner was having to listen to Klopp go on to him when he was subbed v West Ham yesterday.
Didn't look totally pleased , perplexed if you will, but wasn't mouthing back... Then in next instance Liverpool go and score , assisted by Jones who had come on for Milner . James goes and gives Klopp a big hug and all smiles. To me the best thing about Liverpool winning the league last season was Milner being the winner. How he keeps going at top level is credit to longevity of a professional footballer performing at highest level.

Milner was great but this is a season too far now, he's miles off the pace and it's painful to watch.

Offline danno

« Reply #566 on: February 01, 2021, 02:50:43 PM »

Milner was great but this is a season too far now, he's miles off the pace and it's painful to watch.

Do you think he's off the Liverpool/Man City pace, or more generally?  What I mean is that there's a big difference in being not good enough for them and not good enough for the premier league. 

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #567 on: February 01, 2021, 03:06:12 PM »
I think Milner would make a great coach/manager
Hope he moves into that

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #568 on: February 01, 2021, 03:50:52 PM »
A  prime example of a superb footballer who lingered on a couple of seasons too long Gareth Barry

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #569 on: February 01, 2021, 05:32:49 PM »

Do you think he's off the Liverpool/Man City pace, or more generally?  What I mean is that there's a big difference in being not good enough for them and not good enough for the premier league. 

he hasn't got the legs for the top flight any more, the last few times I've seen him he looks slow but more importantly looks like he's struggling to get through games. This is no slight on him, he's 35 and his game was based on his energy levels that just aren't there any more. He might be ok in one of the handful of teams in the league where pressing in midfield isn't a requirement but there's not many of them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal