collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gerard Houllier  (Read 435129 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Gerard Houllier
« Reply #2070 on: November 10, 2019, 11:57:16 AM »
I sort of remember this coming up years ago and Cabaye being touted, but also a French goalkeeper and another defender. Any ideas who they were?

I believe we were linked to the defender Adil Rami at some stage under GH. Was a good defender at the time. In more recent times he's been going out with Pamela Anderson and got sacked from Marseille for going on some reality show so might not have quite worked out long term!

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2071 on: November 10, 2019, 12:23:20 PM »
I sort of remember this coming up years ago and Cabaye being touted, but also a French goalkeeper and another defender. Any ideas who they were?

I believe we were linked to the defender Adil Rami at some stage under GH. Was a good defender at the time. In more recent times he's been going out with Pamela Anderson and got sacked from Marseille for going on some reality show so might not have quite worked out long term!
What an idiot. Going out with Pam.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2072 on: November 10, 2019, 01:55:41 PM »

Yeah, Carmen Electra was where it was at.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2073 on: November 10, 2019, 05:54:20 PM »

Still would be.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #2074 on: November 16, 2019, 11:52:27 PM »
Probably explains a lot about the chaos under Houllier

https://twitter.com/astonforza/status/1195765608576618497?s=19

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2075 on: November 17, 2019, 12:09:27 AM »
Nice to see Dunny keeping himself in shape.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2076 on: November 17, 2019, 12:14:42 AM »
Dunne looking in the very same shape he was in when he left us.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2077 on: November 17, 2019, 03:25:10 AM »
I know Houllier is a cock. I’ll make the argument that even as a cock he could have improved us had he stayed. But I’ll also make the case that Richard Dunne is complete and utter wanker. The trouble he refers to is I assume the stuff with Sid Cowans. So for Collins to say what he did doesn’t make it better. The big picture for me is what a shit show we were for almost 10 years. Complete chaos.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2078 on: November 17, 2019, 10:28:40 AM »
Those 10 years started with Dunne and Collins behaving badly. Collins was on radio the other day and when asked about his time at Villa he recalled his friendship with Dunne and Guinness sessions they both enjoyed.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2079 on: November 17, 2019, 11:08:44 AM »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2080 on: November 17, 2019, 11:42:31 AM »
Those 10 years started with Dunne and Collins behaving badly. Collins was on radio the other day and when asked about his time at Villa he recalled his friendship with Dunne and Guinness sessions they both enjoyed.

The season before they weren't far off the best centre back partnership in the division. Dunne is the last Villa player to make the EPL team of the year I believe. Both were perfectly suited to the bollock and bite defending MON preferred, (why he was allowed buy the pair of them while retaining Davies and Cuellar a clear symptom of where the root cause of our fall started).

Dunne, the summer after that infamous playoff defeat, evidently lived up to his "honey monster" moniker from his early days at Everton. Rocked up to pre season miles overweight and struggled badly to catch up. His career fizzled out really soon after after a series of injuries. Collins to be fair was a solid player for West Ham for years after. Other MON favourites (NRC, Warnock, Gabby, Carew) never did much to prove Houllier wrong.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2081 on: November 17, 2019, 12:35:55 PM »

I dunno. She does have 1 or 2 things going for her

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2082 on: November 17, 2019, 12:44:09 PM »

Still would be.

Erika Eleniak...

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #2083 on: November 17, 2019, 03:12:32 PM »

When he was playing for us I once saw James Collins in O'neiils in Solihull with a pint of Guinness in hand. No sign of Dunn though.

On a related note the only other Villa player I've ever seen in a pub was Cuellar watching the Spain World Cup games in Walkabout on Broad Street in 2010.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal