collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The NFL Thread (with added College Football)  (Read 800211 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
The NFL Thread (with added College Football)
« Reply #1335 on: August 06, 2010, 07:58:56 AM »
Positive signs for Raider Nation at last thanks to the arrival of Jason Campbell

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #1336 on: August 06, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
Deadspin.com is running a story that Brett Favreerer sent pictures of the ol' sausage and various pictures of his rolling the dough (If you know what I mean*) and sent them to none other than FSU fan/celeb/sports reporter/ hot POA Jen Sterger.  

*I mean he took pictures of his penis and pictures of himself masturbating and sent them to a young lady who happens to be famous.

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #1337 on: August 06, 2010, 12:31:57 PM »
Deadspin is great. One of my favourite sports sites

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #1338 on: August 06, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »
Seems like Favre is running out of excuses; didn't he say a couple of months ago that he'd return if his Alma Mater baseball team won the college world series? Favre will return, I think he's ankle is better than what people think... either way it's hilarious watching Jim Rome constantly ripping him recently.

Offline taylorsworkrate

Re: The NFL Thread (with added College Football)
« Reply #1339 on: August 18, 2010, 12:34:52 PM »
just seen 14 to 1 on the packers for the superbowl.  Seems a good price.

They have a outstanding quarterback who is only going to get better, an excellent receivers corp, a solid running back, a defensive mvp cornerback in woodson and good linebackers.

A young team that looked very impressive last year.  should win their division easily. ( if Favre returns  can't see him having the unreal season he had last year)  With a bit of luck along the way they are as good a bet as any methinks.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1340 on: August 18, 2010, 12:59:11 PM »

They have a outstanding quarterback who is only going to get better, an excellent receivers corp, a solid running back, a defensive mvp cornerback in woodson and good linebackers.

A young team that looked very impressive last year.  should win their division easily. ( if Favre returns  can't see him having the unreal season he had last year)  With a bit of luck along the way they are as good a bet as any methinks.

Bloody hope not, come on Da Bears! (think we're underdogs to the Vikes and then the Packers tbh).

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #1341 on: August 18, 2010, 01:26:11 PM »

How do you think Cutler will fare this year?  Obviously talented, has to cut the interceptions out though.

Bloody hope not, come on Da Bears! (think we're underdogs to the Vikes and then the Packers tbh).

Offline villaross

« Reply #1342 on: August 23, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »
Brett Favre’s preseason debut lasted just one offensive series during the Minnesota Vikings’ 15-10 loss in San Francisco.... :'( Have a look a this article

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #1343 on: August 30, 2010, 12:40:21 PM »
The change in positioning of the Umpire from by the linebackers to at the side of the QB is going to cause problems for any team running the no-huddle.

The offense have to wait for the ump to retreat behind their deepest back before they can snap the ball. The Colts got penalised twice for doing this in a pre-season game.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #1344 on: September 01, 2010, 02:03:26 PM »
The change in positioning of the Umpire from by the linebackers to at the side of the QB is going to cause problems for any team running the no-huddle.

The offense have to wait for the ump to retreat behind their deepest back before they can snap the ball. The Colts got penalised twice for doing this in a pre-season game.

I read the first line and immediately thought of the Colts. Any other new rules to look out for this season?

Offline villaross

« Reply #1345 on: September 02, 2010, 02:20:08 PM »
Have you heard about that ? American football star Troy Polamalu has apparently insured his hair for a massive $1 million ! Look at this blog, Crazy Hair !

Offline ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #1346 on: September 02, 2010, 03:36:04 PM »
If I was an opposition player I would be constantly pulling Polomolu's hair.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1347 on: September 05, 2010, 03:27:05 PM »
NFL is back on Thursday night. I have created a Fantasy League on the NFLuk.com fantasy site.

You basically pick a QB. 2RBS, 2WRS, TE, Kicker and defence/se. Pick a new lot each week. Rules explained on the site.

The league code is ADG-2BX if anyone wants to join.

Go on you know you want to... it's free!

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #1348 on: September 06, 2010, 07:55:53 AM »
Altogether now........... "Football's coming home " !!

NFL returns to Channel 4

http://www.nfluk.com/news/football-is-coming-home-to-channel-4-010910.html

Gary Imlach is presenting with Mike Carlson. I guess that Nicky Horne and John Smith weren't available.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #1349 on: September 07, 2010, 10:40:32 PM »
Altogether now........... "Football's coming home " !!

NFL returns to Channel 4

http://www.nfluk.com/news/football-is-coming-home-to-channel-4-010910.html

Gary Imlach is presenting with Mike Carlson. I guess that Nicky Horne and John Smith weren't available.
That's fantastic news! It gets even better, ESPN have got Monday Night Football... and now this. Having 5 live NFL games in a week for me to watch is awesome. My dad got me into NFL when he watched NFL on Channel 4 back in the 80's... his favourite player was William 'the fridge' Perry, gigantic linebacker for 1985 superbowl winning Chicago Bears.

There's going to be a few late nights on Sunday for me from now on... October 24, October 31, November 14, November 28, December 5 and December 19 will be going into my diary for sure.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:52:40 PM by The Situation »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal