collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2023/24  (Read 1053238 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Other Games - 2023/24
« Reply #23565 on: May 08, 2024, 11:20:38 PM »
If the assistant flags, the ref blows up.

Seems extreme, no wonder we're running out of good refs.

Yep.
As soon as the offside rule was changed, and attacking players started deliberately standing in offside positions, it was only a matter of time before we got here.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #23566 on: May 08, 2024, 11:24:33 PM »
Just watched it again and, it wasn’t offside (some tv channel have apparently done their own AI VAR on it) and initially the linesman doesn’t flag but while the ball it still bouncing around the area he does. That’s even worse than flagging straight away. I seriously think they should investigate these officials, see if money has changed hands. Literally no other realistic explanation.

Surely on a wind up?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #23567 on: May 08, 2024, 11:29:17 PM »
This is what we're up against next season. Makes Old Trafford look like a cake walk .

What? The correct application of the laws of the game?

I've still not seen any of it, but am I right in assuming all this debate is about two correct decisions, which everybody accepts as being the correct decisions, but still want to argue about anyway? If it is, that's fucking nuts!

The first discussion was about a clearly onside goal being given, after which we were alerted to the rather startling news that some H&V posters (who don’t seem to be six-years-old and therefore forgiven) didn’t know the offside rules.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #23568 on: May 08, 2024, 11:30:10 PM »
Just watched it again and, it wasn’t offside (some tv channel have apparently done their own AI VAR on it) and initially the linesman doesn’t flag but while the ball it still bouncing around the area he does. That’s even worse than flagging straight away. I seriously think they should investigate these officials, see if money has changed hands. Literally no other realistic explanation.

Surely on a wind up?
No it's plausible.
I don't know how officials will handle tomorrow . I'm already tense and having learnt more and more about opposition owner and the official in charge it making me feel annoyingly worried already.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #23569 on: May 08, 2024, 11:32:48 PM »

De Lig(?) was offside, the other player was always touch and go, however they both run for the ball before De Lig holds back. Could that be classed as interfering with play? Maybe, maybe not. I'm sure you will be fine not shouting for it tomorrow if a similar thing happens against us.

But the defender then stops the ball reaching other player but has to play it at a stretch and it is then, as you say no ones ball. Then is not the initial chance over? When woulld you call for the offside then? Maybe when a defender gets an ACL running for the ball which is offside and the linesman wants to flag for but has to delay in case a goal might be scored? After five more passes by the germans keeping it alive until a cross comes in from the other side and is scored? When a Real defender has cleared it up the field potentially launching a new attack?

It is amazing how people are stating a mistake by the linesman MUST HAVE seen money change hands, but no one is mentioning Neuers mistake as MUST HAVE seen money changing hands? After all without that extra time was all that was happening, or even a Bayern win being as it was the one that gave them the belief to continue and score another straight away.

Offline Olneythelonely

« Reply #23570 on: May 08, 2024, 11:37:29 PM »

Surely on a wind up?
No it's plausible.
I don't know how officials will handle tomorrow . I'm already tense and having learnt more and more about opposition owner and the official in charge it making me feel annoyingly worried already.

It’s not even slightly plausible. Who was in on it? Just the referee and one assistant? Can’t be both assistants because one of them tried to incorrectly disallow the Madrid winner.

Would be weird to not bribe them all. Doesn’t really work. Maybe Bayern bribed the one assistant and Madrid bribed the ref and other assistant.

No one had contact details for the VAR lot. Shame.

Offline Olneythelonely

« Reply #23571 on: May 08, 2024, 11:38:15 PM »
Had absolutely nothing to do with our game either. So don’t worry yourself too much.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #23572 on: May 08, 2024, 11:44:02 PM »
Just watched it again and, it wasn’t offside (some tv channel have apparently done their own AI VAR on it) and initially the linesman doesn’t flag but while the ball it still bouncing around the area he does.

I sometimes think - not aiming this at you, or even referring to this comment - that these days we spend so much time talking about video assisted decisions over a toe's length meaning offside or not, or the financial impact of this or that re PSR, we might as well waste all this time we waste on football studying the stock market, and actually make some money out of it.

Interesting this isn’t aimed at me and yet you quote me. Your analysis is wrong, I’m moaning about the rank inconsistency here and the fact VAR wasn’t used whereas your point references the use of VAR. Not sure what this has to do with the stock market either.

Overall the highest quality teams in the highest quality competition really ought to have the same rules applied fairly, otherwise what’s the point.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #23573 on: May 09, 2024, 12:34:43 AM »
Anyway, I can't be the only who thinks that the Real Madrid crowd always looks full of insufferable twats?

There's a reason for that.

UEFA are so corrupt to allow an additional 6 minutes to be played in addition to the added time.

Modric must be the closest thing I've ever seen to Sid Cowans. What a player!

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #23574 on: May 09, 2024, 07:19:16 AM »
I see we're still doing 'poor little Bayern'.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #23575 on: May 09, 2024, 09:01:44 AM »
Anyway, I can't be the only who thinks that the Real Madrid crowd always looks full of insufferable twats?

There's a reason for that.

UEFA are so corrupt to allow an additional 6 minutes to be played in addition to the added time.

Modric must be the closest thing I've ever seen to Sid Cowans. What a player!

Modric is just one of the best players of recent years. People who know, know, but largely he is undervalued. Just like Sid.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #23576 on: May 09, 2024, 09:12:38 AM »
The one I'd look at for money changing hands is Tuchel, the div. His tactical changes did more to upset his team than Ancelotti could ever have hoped for.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #23577 on: May 09, 2024, 09:14:19 AM »
I suspect UEFA are happy this morning with the marketability of their final with Real, Spain vs Germany, compared to an all German match which would be a tougher sell. More viewers more money. Lucky them.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #23578 on: May 09, 2024, 09:15:24 AM »
I suspect UEFA are happy this morning with the marketability of their final with Real, Spain vs Germany, compared to an all German match which would be a tougher sell. More viewers more money. Lucky them.

Pal, I say this with all due regard as I usually like your posts, but this is pretty desperate stuff.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #23579 on: May 09, 2024, 09:19:19 AM »
They (whoever they are) probably paid off Neuer to spill a straightforward shot into Joselu's path after 89 minutes as well.

This thing goes all the way to the top.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal