collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:51:46 AM]

[Today at 11:49:30 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 11:49:23 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 11:48:39 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by TheMalandro
[Today at 11:47:02 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:45:55 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 11:45:43 AM]

[Today at 11:44:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matchday Rituals/Habits  (Read 8698 times)

Online Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
Re: Matchday Rituals/Habits
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2023, 09:44:29 PM »
On match days I use my blue eye liner then cover it up with a black one, being brown eyed, blue doesn't suit me. I also put some perfume on and wear my Swarovski V shaped earrings. If it's an evening kick off it's the little V shaped ones, otherwise it's the larger ones. I may need help.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2023, 10:34:45 PM »
I have loads of rituals, underwear, jewellery, make up….I go through the same turnstile as long as we win and only move to the next turnstile along when we lose. When we were really rubbish I feared I’d be trying to get into The Holte through Witton Lane turnstiles!
In 2003 I arrived at a game with my young cousin and went to the Villa shop bought us both gloves because it was unexpectedly cold. We beat Chelsea 2-0 and we were singing that we had lucky gloves…..and it really seemed that I had. I used to be able to put them on when things were going wrong and turn it round. I remember having them with me at Southampton in April. We were terrible and 2-0 down at half time so I put them on even though it was a warm sunny day, and we won 3-2. Everyone was kissing my gloves and telling me never to lose them.
On Boxing Day 2008 I put them on and we came back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2. As I left the ground, my other half was calling me to say where he was parked up to collect me, and I ran to meet him because he didn’t want to be stuck in traffic. When I got in the car I realised I only had one glove. I said I had to go back but he told me not to be ridiculous. I went back the next day and re-traced my steps, but that was that - the end of the lucky gloves.
I got other gloves, and tried to believe they were lucky, but they weren’t the original lucky gloves, and it was never quite the same again.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2023, 12:15:40 AM »
Jesus...I hope you're not responsible for the lost decade of Aston Villa Football Club, 2010-2019...

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2023, 12:32:58 AM »
On match days I use my blue eye liner then cover it up with a black one, being brown eyed, blue doesn't suit me. I also put some perfume on and wear my Swarovski V shaped earrings. If it's an evening kick off it's the little V shaped ones, otherwise it's the larger ones. I may need help.

Don't we all?

Offline amfy

« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2023, 07:30:03 AM »
Jesus...I hope you're not responsible for the lost decade of Aston Villa Football Club, 2010-2019...

I actually believe I was. Sorry everyone!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2023, 04:30:00 PM »

I actually believe I was. Sorry everyone!

I'm just glad the lost glove found its way to Milwaukee.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2023, 10:23:20 PM »
Posting a 2-0 loss prediction whilst voting for a Villa win on the pre-match poll then wearing my Archer 35 home shirt during the match is going quite well.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2023, 08:54:01 AM »

Don't we all?
Yeah - I can never get my make-up quite right

Offline amfy

« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2023, 09:17:50 AM »

Don't we all?
Yeah - I can never get my make-up quite right

I’m with you Lizz….& worse - I have several different claret eyeshadows, finishing with a glittery claret one, then blue eyeliner. I also always make sure I have claret & blue jewellery. It’s all a bit obsessive but at the age I am now I have got used to the fact that I am that person. If I was a child or young person now I’d definitely have a diagnosis!

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2023, 09:34:19 AM »
I have loads of rituals, underwear, jewellery, make up….I go through the same turnstile as long as we win and only move to the next turnstile along when we lose. When we were really rubbish I feared I’d be trying to get into The Holte through Witton Lane turnstiles!
In 2003 I arrived at a game with my young cousin and went to the Villa shop bought us both gloves because it was unexpectedly cold. We beat Chelsea 2-0 and we were singing that we had lucky gloves…..and it really seemed that I had. I used to be able to put them on when things were going wrong and turn it round. I remember having them with me at Southampton in April. We were terrible and 2-0 down at half time so I put them on even though it was a warm sunny day, and we won 3-2. Everyone was kissing my gloves and telling me never to lose them.
On Boxing Day 2008 I put them on and we came back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2. As I left the ground, my other half was calling me to say where he was parked up to collect me, and I ran to meet him because he didn’t want to be stuck in traffic. When I got in the car I realised I only had one glove. I said I had to go back but he told me not to be ridiculous. I went back the next day and re-traced my steps, but that was that - the end of the lucky gloves.
I got other gloves, and tried to believe they were lucky, but they weren’t the original lucky gloves, and it was never quite the same again.

amfy's Gloves would give Billy's Boots a run for their money. In fact, that story sounds very much like a story from Billy's Boots.  Can't help but feel some opposition fan is benefiting from the mystical powers of that missing glove but it's probably in some land fill site in all reality.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2023, 11:06:39 AM »
Same Villa shirt if we win, and always put a small bet on both the draw and the opponent winning - I NEVER bet on Villa to win, even in an accumulator.

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2023, 12:00:38 PM »
Not a ritual as such. There was a dead rat by the Villa Chippy on Saturday before the game. It was huge. I had a quick glance , then  heard people behind me retching , which started me off !
I've seen a dead one on that road before (but cant remember if we won that game) . And been in the Chippy when a live one, ran in and back out . On that occasion a woman , who had some kids with her , chucked about £20 worth of food in the bin and had a go at the owners. Sorry if anyone is having lunch.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2023, 12:03:45 PM »
Same Villa shirt if we win, and always put a small bet on both the draw and the opponent winning - I NEVER bet on Villa to win, even in an accumulator.

Same clothes for me!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2023, 02:07:52 PM »
Not a ritual as such. There was a dead rat by the Villa Chippy on Saturday before the game. It was huge. I had a quick glance , then  heard people behind me retching , which started me off !
I've seen a dead one on that road before (but cant remember if we won that game) . And been in the Chippy when a live one, ran in and back out . On that occasion a woman , who had some kids with her , chucked about £20 worth of food in the bin and had a go at the owners. Sorry if anyone is having lunch.

Fuck me old boots, haven't they been closed down by now? What number is on their hygiene sticker on the door?

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2023, 05:59:50 PM »
My mate has great pleasure in telling me they have Zero rated hygiene before I go in. Doesn't stop him eating there mind !

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal