collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matchday Rituals/Habits  (Read 8653 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Matchday Rituals/Habits
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2023, 10:41:48 PM »
If I'm not there, which is usually the case these days, I will avoid all broadcast and digital media apart from the match thread on here.

Learning of goals for or against through 'SCORCHIOOO!' or 'WTF WAS THAT?!' is the kindest medium.

I follow the match thread too, but I hate those series of expletives where nobody actually says what happened. Other media has to be checked at those points.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2023, 10:57:45 PM »
If I'm not there, which is usually the case these days, I will avoid all broadcast and digital media apart from the match thread on here.

Learning of goals for or against through 'SCORCHIOOO!' or 'WTF WAS THAT?!' is the kindest medium.

I follow the match thread too, but I hate those series of expletives where nobody actually says what happened. Other media has to be checked at those points.

I always find that a pleasant surprise, though; when I slightly misjudge the tone of the thread and find out we won 2-0 rather than losing 8-2, as I had thought.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2023, 11:09:04 PM »
I like the match threads but it would be nice if PWS' time machine broke down a bit more often.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2023, 11:22:02 PM »
I like the match threads but it would be nice if PWS' time machine broke down a bit more often.
Seconded.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2023, 12:06:00 AM »
When I was driving up from London for games in the early 90s, I used to stop a few miles from the ground and put £18.74's worth of petrol in the car.

As debut posts go, surely there have been none finer.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2023, 10:19:54 AM »
Number imagery
I have concentrated on this Saturdays match, and then I wished to write down the numbers that came to memory by free association.
I kept getting a very distinct number three.
And I saw the number 22.
I'm curious to find out what that is in relation to Chelsea Villa.

Gut Feelings
The concept of gut feelings is also somewhat related to this topic.
Do people ever have a strong intuition that we will triumph or that a player will score?
Or even that we are going to lose the match as you just have a sense of dread sometine before the game
I don't always experience these intuitions in the lead-up to a game, but there are times when a true sense of anticipation comes over me.
What are others experiences/stories of gut instincts or intuition on a Villa match.

Dreams
Furthermore do people ever had a dreams linked to Villa which have resulted incoming true or if you have a fortunate day or time in dream transcends to Villa and an event or outcome within the match?

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2023, 10:21:52 AM »
I do sometimes get a weird strong feeling that a certain player will score. I am, however, always wrong!

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2023, 10:27:23 AM »
Seconded.
I have an idea for a pre-match and post-match discussion. For each game, we could have a topic pre match regards visions and intuitions.
So individuals tell us if they had a dream about the match or what their gut feeling is.
Then we can discuss our instincts after in the post match perceptions thread.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2023, 10:29:17 AM »
I do sometimes get a weird strong feeling that a certain player will score. I am, however, always wrong!
But that player is calling to you so you've been drawn to it.
Maybe they should have scored as football is fine margins!

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2023, 10:32:52 AM »
Ha I like that - I wasn't wrong, it's Buendia's fault!

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2023, 10:49:33 AM »
Seconded.
I have an idea for a pre-match and post-match discussion. For each game, we could have a topic pre match regards visions and intuitions.
So individuals tell us if they had a dream about the match or what their gut feeling is.

What, similar to the pre-match and post-match discussion threads, you mean?

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2023, 12:22:21 PM »
Seconded.
I thought Musk had called for a moratorium on ChatGFV.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2023, 12:26:28 PM »

Visions and intuitions? Christ almighty! Most of us say what we feel the result will be, but base it on the relative strengths of the team we're playing, form and injuries etc, not on whether there's a full moon or what the referee did in a match 10 years ago.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2023, 12:28:07 PM »
Seconded.

I would literally rather set fire to my testicles.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2023, 01:36:32 PM »
Only for the ESP explorers amoung us.
We can all have a 6th sense you know.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal