collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Games Moved for TV by FailsworthVillan
[Today at 08:24:30 AM]

Ollie Watkins by LeeB
[Today at 08:12:59 AM]

Fan Voted Player of the Year by Demitri_C
[Today at 08:07:40 AM]

8 years ago today - Apr 30, 2016 by sid1964
[Today at 07:58:23 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Dave
[Today at 07:24:29 AM]

NSWE Investment by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:10:09 AM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 06:49:41 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 06:45:46 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Games Moved for TV by FailsworthVillan
[Today at 08:24:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by LeeB
[Today at 08:12:59 AM]

Re: Fan Voted Player of the Year by Demitri_C
[Today at 08:07:40 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Demitri_C
[Today at 08:04:50 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by AV84
[Today at 08:02:16 AM]

Re: 8 years ago today - Apr 30, 2016 by sid1964
[Today at 07:58:23 AM]

Re: Fan Voted Player of the Year by AV82EC
[Today at 07:37:26 AM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Dave
[Today at 07:24:29 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: UEFA Europa Conference League - Alkmaar, Legia and Zrinjski  (Read 372913 times)

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: UEFA Europa Conference League - Alkmaar, Legia and Zrinjski
« Reply #4665 on: October 17, 2023, 07:50:48 PM »
Things to do in Mostar. Pack your trunks.
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/A2CTt4BI_10?si=wMAQUp3PF55C0aqF

Wow…well done, brave girl.

Obviously it would be top of my list of things to do there but I can't swim, so they probably wouldn't allow me to do the dive. :(

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #4666 on: October 17, 2023, 10:53:01 PM »

Obviously it would be top of my list of things to do there but I can't swim, so they probably wouldn't allow me to do the dive. :(

Same here, much to the mirth of many friends

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4667 on: October 17, 2023, 10:56:10 PM »
So some advice on transport etc. for Alkmaar. I have booked two nights in Amsterdam, hotel in Dam square, and planning to train to match and back after. Those of you familiar with transport in that region please tell me this is ok?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 10:58:29 PM by olaftab »

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #4668 on: October 17, 2023, 11:17:33 PM »
So some advice on transport etc. for Alkmaar. I have booked two nights in Amsterdam, hotel in Dam square, and planning to train to match and back after. Those of you familiar with transport in that region please tell me this is ok?

Bear in mind the Alkmaar ground is fucking miles from the station about 56mins to walk on GoogleMaps.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #4669 on: October 17, 2023, 11:58:15 PM »

Yes, I expect most Villa fans will do similar.
It’s a good train service from Amsterdam Central Station to Alkmaar and back… and there will be buses laid on to get to the ground and then back to the station after. Trains back to Amsterdam run until half past midnight and you can book tickets in advance on Trainline.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4670 on: October 18, 2023, 12:01:02 AM »

We need to watch that the locals aren't as xenophobic towards us as they are the Poles and make us go to the Hague before and after the game, as that's an hour the wrong way.

Offline charlatan

« Reply #4671 on: October 18, 2023, 12:07:04 AM »

Same here, much to the mirth of many friends

I was the last in my year in secondary school to learn to swim (badly, without sticking my face in the water) after a couple of years of additional lunchtime lessons. Recently been taking my kids to swimming lessons and contemplating the trauma.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #4672 on: October 18, 2023, 12:29:56 AM »
I first learned to swim in my last year at primary school - I did half a width. I was then caught being naughty/taking the piss in church at harvest festival and was banned from swimming lessons. I never went again.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #4673 on: October 18, 2023, 09:12:55 AM »

Yes, I expect most Villa fans will do similar.
It’s a good train service from Amsterdam Central Station to Alkmaar and back… and there will be buses laid on to get to the ground and then back to the station after. Trains back to Amsterdam run until half past midnight and you can book tickets in advance on Trainline.

Is that buses to and from the ground info definite DeKuip? As I said yesterday the stadium is a pain in the arse to get to if you’re not in a coach or driving. I agree with Ads as well that if we get treated like the Poles did we’ll be picking tickets up in The Hague and trying to get to Alkmaar after that. Anyone heard anything from the club on whether it’ll be a Hibs style ticket pick up or Warsaw style send you a pdf?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4674 on: October 18, 2023, 09:31:47 AM »
I first learned to swim in my last year at primary school - I did half a width. I was then caught being naughty/taking the piss in church at harvest festival and was banned from swimming lessons. I never went again.

I managed to go to a school that had two swimming pools and still not learn to swim.

Offline 144 Hard Boiled Eggs

« Reply #4675 on: October 18, 2023, 10:03:10 AM »
I travelled around the Netherlands in the summer and used a public transport app called 9292 on my phone. Very useful for planning all public transport journeys. I never bought tickets once for trains, trams or buses as you can use a contactless card (even for inter city journeys). Remember to swipe off though.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4676 on: October 18, 2023, 10:09:37 AM »
What, you mean they don't charge you nine times the amount for the same ticket if you didn't buy it two months in advance? Weirdos.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4677 on: October 18, 2023, 10:10:39 AM »
I travelled around the Netherlands in the summer and used a public transport app called 9292 on my phone. Very useful for planning all public transport journeys. I never bought tickets once for trains, trams or buses as you can use a contactless card (even for inter city journeys). Remember to swipe off though.

I've been over to Amsterdam the last couple of years, the ease of transport and variety makes me weep as a Brummie.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4678 on: October 18, 2023, 10:14:00 AM »

I've been over to Amsterdam the last couple of years, the ease of transport and variety makes me weep as a Brummie.

Absolutely. Me and my daughter had a lovely day out in Brum yesterday, because as well as looking at the university we went around the city centre as well. I obviously love the place, but it's one of the most difficult places to get around. Badly designed buildings blocking everywhere, tunnels and crap roads make it a nightmare to traverse.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4679 on: October 18, 2023, 10:23:51 AM »
the trains in Holland are superb .
I don't understand why the tram in Birmingham is so shite . The trams in Manchester are superb

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal