collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:10:39 AM]

Fan Voted Player of the Year by LeonW
[Today at 02:49:35 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:41:39 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by AV84
[April 30, 2024, 11:56:01 PM]

NSWE Investment by luke95
[April 30, 2024, 11:17:05 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Dogtanian
[April 30, 2024, 10:41:39 PM]

Champions League Contention by dave.woodhall
[April 30, 2024, 10:28:40 PM]

Kits 23/24 by KRS
[April 30, 2024, 09:53:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: UEFA Europa Conference League - Alkmaar, Legia and Zrinjski  (Read 372821 times)

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
Re: UEFA Europa Conference League - Alkmaar, Legia and Zrinjski
« Reply #4230 on: September 18, 2023, 05:50:57 PM »
Forgot to mention this….

If you hate drums at football, Legia have a purpose built stage in front of their ‘ultras’ with two drummers. They go pretty non-stop all game and the singing is constant.

When I was there they also had a big banner “Pamietamy Jana Pawel II”…”We remember John Paul II”.

Anyway, I’m up at 3am to get the plane from Stansted. Very excited although I am ticketless, but happy to see family and hope to bump into some of you.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #4231 on: September 18, 2023, 06:13:15 PM »
When I was there they also had a big banner “Pamietamy Jana Pawel II”…”We remember John Paul II”.

The original 'Holy Goalie'. Wrt the drums, I bet Lee's glad he's not going now.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #4232 on: September 18, 2023, 06:20:34 PM »
Said before, Madrid in 98 and Hamburg in 08 aside, by and large we've never taken big numbers anywhere in Europe.

True, but the demand for away tickets in general is way higher these days, than then. So I’d expect our numbers to be higher now.

As an example, Boro away in April 04 (Crouch scored a late winner), we decided to go the night before and paid on the day as we hadn’t sold our allocation. Unthinkable now, and we were chasing top 4 at the time.

I was there. Keeper saved a De La Cruz shot from memory, keeper's save falls to Crouch and the away go mental.

Correct. Then my mate got arrested for hugging Crouch in the celebrations! The Boro police were wankers. They nicked a few Villa fans (for celebrating a goal next to the pitch, not on it) then released them once the last train back to Brum had left.

Must have been the same trip we went on. Mini bus from Water Orton, our mate got arrested for falling over the barrier at the front. Let out after the last train had left, we stopped in Leeds on the way back to wait for him, when he turned up the rozzers had confiscated his shoes and in there place he was wearing some plimsolls like he was about to do gym class in junior school.

From memory, he'd drank a small of bottle of whiskey on the bus and had attracted the attention of the constabulary by falling asleep in the ground.Fairly sure it was the game we won 4-0 as well.

According to June it was 2007, we won 3-0, Carew, Mellberg and Gabby with the goals.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4233 on: September 18, 2023, 07:02:39 PM »
I’m just going to pay at the turnstiles in Warsaw.

« Reply #4234 on: September 18, 2023, 08:02:20 PM »
Opta's percentage probabilities for the UEFA Conference League (apologies if it's already been posted).
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/169s4dz/opta_percentage_probabilities_for_the_uefa/

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4235 on: September 18, 2023, 10:01:46 PM »
Probably more at home in the tickets section, but are the tickets for the 3 games being sold as a package or do you have to buy them individually?  Thought I had heard something about a package, but can't see anything on the home site?

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4236 on: September 18, 2023, 10:05:35 PM »
I’m just going to pay at the turnstiles in Warsaw.
Probably would work actually lol

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #4237 on: September 18, 2023, 10:08:11 PM »
Probably more at home in the tickets section, but are the tickets for the 3 games being sold as a package or do you have to buy them individually?  Thought I had heard something about a package, but can't see anything on the home site?

You select the tickets for each game then it applies a discount when you checkout.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4238 on: September 18, 2023, 10:30:54 PM »

You select the tickets for each game then it applies a discount when you checkout.

Cheers.  All sorted.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #4239 on: September 18, 2023, 10:36:29 PM »
Forgot to mention this….

If you hate drums at football, Legia have a purpose built stage in front of their ‘ultras’ with two drummers. They go pretty non-stop all game and the singing is constant.

Anyway, I’m up at 3am to get the plane from Stansted. Very excited although I am ticketless, but happy to see family and hope to bump into some of you.

Small Rodent, my mate in Warsaw says registering with Polish ID number is a doddle. He’s bought tickets today.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #4240 on: September 18, 2023, 10:45:40 PM »
Forgot to mention this….

Small Rodent, my mate in Warsaw says registering with Polish ID number is a doddle. He’s bought tickets today.

Sadly I could only get one got my niece, not me!!

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #4241 on: September 18, 2023, 10:57:25 PM »
Forgot to mention this….

Sadly I could only get one got my niece, not me!!

My mate got his father in law one, though he does have Polish ID. Edit - he’s got me one too. Just used my passport details, date of birth and email, so no need for Polish ID

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4242 on: September 18, 2023, 11:00:26 PM »
Is going in the home end a good idea ? I'd be a bit uncomfortable with that .

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #4243 on: September 18, 2023, 11:08:27 PM »

I’m hoping being with a Pole and a Polish speaker helps. Will need to sit on my hands though

« Reply #4244 on: September 18, 2023, 11:09:01 PM »

Speaking Polish and wearing a garish leather jacket would probably help.

Edit : Not that a stylish man like Pat would wear such a jacket.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal