collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 10:32:54 AM]

Champions League Contention by dekko
[Today at 10:32:01 AM]

Fan Voted Player of the Year by chrisw1
[Today at 10:32:01 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:23:19 AM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 10:03:28 AM]

NSWE Investment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 09:29:01 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 09:10:10 AM]

Ollie Watkins by LeeB
[Today at 08:12:59 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: UEFA Europa Conference League - Alkmaar, Legia and Zrinjski  (Read 372968 times)

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: Europe
« Reply #945 on: April 26, 2023, 11:50:43 AM »
I thought Poch is on his way to Chelsea?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #946 on: April 26, 2023, 11:51:51 AM »
Chelsea are meant to be quite far down the path of appointing Poch as manager.

We do look jaded. I just hope we can raise our levels again now because the level of opponents is going to be rising in the last few games.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #947 on: April 26, 2023, 11:53:08 AM »
I feel the players are a bit jaded and we couldn't cope with any more injuries to yesterday's starting 11.

But so far so good - we're showing resistance.

Liverpool's run in is easy - they will finish above us.

Think tonight will tell us a lot about where Liverpool are at. If they win easily they could go on a run, but if they drop points it's back in our hands.

We've only 5 games left each a week apart. Having no midweek games left might be an advantage in the run-in as it'll give our tired squad a breather.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #948 on: April 26, 2023, 11:53:15 AM »
I feel the players are a bit jaded and we couldn't cope with any more injuries to yesterday's starting 11.

Spurs MAY get a new manager bounce, particularly if they get Poch in this week

Brighton are the main target.  They are still playing extremely well, but the sheer amount of fixtures and quality of opponents makes it very difficult for them.  If they get 6th they'll really deserve it.

I think it will be a last day shoot between us for either 6/7th or 7/8th (depending on whether Spurs continue to implode or have a Poch renaissance)

Poch is going to Chelsea, doubt he'll have time to help Spurs as well!

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #949 on: April 26, 2023, 12:15:07 PM »
I don't think the players will be going into the remaining five games jaded. They have had no cup games, not many midweek games at all, and from here on in they won't have another midweek game. And against Man Utd we will have had 2 more days to rest than they will. I'm thinking we'll take 7 points from the next 3 games.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #950 on: April 26, 2023, 12:15:23 PM »

Spurs MAY get a new manager bounce, particularly if they get Poch in this week

Brighton are the main target.  They are still playing extremely well, but the sheer amount of fixtures and quality of opponents makes it very difficult for them.  If they get 6th they'll really deserve it.

I think it will be a last day shoot between us for either 6/7th or 7/8th (depending on whether Spurs continue to implode or have a Poch renaissance)

Poch is going to Chelsea, doubt he'll have time to help Spurs as well!
Well that's one less thing to worry about!

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #951 on: April 26, 2023, 05:12:50 PM »
Ah tits.  I've done the season predictor twice and both times got us to 8th.

Of course I would have been happy with this a few months ago.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #952 on: April 26, 2023, 05:17:27 PM »
I don't think the players will be going into the remaining five games jaded. They have had no cup games, not many midweek games at all, and from here on in they won't have another midweek game. And against Man Utd we will have had 2 more days to rest than they will. I'm thinking we'll take 7 points from the next 3 games.

So the question remains, why do we always look more knackered despite having more rest time than the team that played a couple of days before, normally in some forgotten corner of Europe?

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #953 on: April 26, 2023, 05:19:05 PM »

So the question remains, why do we always look more knackered despite having more rest time than the team that played a couple of days before, normally in some forgotten corner of Europe?

I'd imagine Unai's analysis sessions are rather draining, at least mentally.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #954 on: April 26, 2023, 06:45:49 PM »

I don't think we do look more knackered. Against Brentford, a tough game away, we came on strong seeking an equaliser, and got it with three minutes left, and last night we managed the game out fairly comfortably. The game before those two was Newcastle.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 06:47:22 PM by Flamingo Lane »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #955 on: April 26, 2023, 07:11:21 PM »
Wherever we finish, it really has been a remarkable season.

Never before has a club's training set up changed so significantly so quickly, with such astounding results.

He's clever in the way he does this, he knows he's got to get the best tune out of what he has currently, and then reconsider what he wants in the summer.

It's remarkable that in the last two games we've looked a long way off our best but we've still taken 4/6 points.

Under Gerrard and many previous managers, that would have been 0/6

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #956 on: April 26, 2023, 07:14:01 PM »
what is massively reassuring is that what he is doing is sustainable because he never fucking stops. He never accepts the status quo. We've won nothing yet and I am sure he has reminded every player at club about that fact. This is just the beginning.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #957 on: April 26, 2023, 07:23:24 PM »
Whats strange is looking at games and wanting the bottom teams to win to stop the top teams from catching us, rather than the other way round.

So - good luck to West Ham and Forest tonight!

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #958 on: April 26, 2023, 10:11:01 PM »
One result went for us, the other didn't. 4 of Liverpool's remaining games are at home, including to us. Still in our hands though.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #959 on: April 26, 2023, 10:50:09 PM »
Wherever we finish, it really has been a remarkable season.

Never before has a club's training set up changed so significantly so quickly, with such astounding results.

It doesn't mean it's been 'remarkable', it means we've finally joined the 21st century. My god, we've been a magnet for chancers for so, so long. Thankfully, there's no turning back. Now that is remarkable.

I remember DW telling me how our board had kept us back through most of the first half of the 20th century, methods and standards from the previous century; it's taken a very pissed of Egyptian to say enough is enough and drag us into the present day. We're in good hands. Finally.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal